Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » MEMBER-ONLY FORUMS » Village People » ~*~Katie~*~

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ~*~Katie~*~
PoohBear84
Activist
Member # 6516

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PoohBear84     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have just heard about this part of the boards, and it's really super exciting! I love helping people with their problems, and hope u can help me with mine.

About me:

Name: Katie

Favorite music type: classic rock (i'm a hippy chick)

Husband: Jim Morrison (I refuse to acknowledge that he is dead, or that he had a "wife")

Favorite color: Blue or Purple (which is what my hair was for a while... purple)

Pet Peeves: Messy notes, unorganized things, really messy anything... (I'm OCD)

Quorks: Well i'm super duper organized, and just weird and quorky... you kinda gotta know me

What i want to do: I want to be a photographer, makeup artist, or writer

What i want to name my kids:
Girls: Julia, Lucy, and Michelle
Boys: John and Paul
*all after beatles and their songs!

Favorite movies: Shawshank Redemption, Memento, and Fight Club (not in that order)

Obsessed with: photography, music, guitar, organization, quotes, and trying to be myself

What i like best about me: my eyes, nose, hair, legs, and my brain!

What like worst about me: my tummy, butt (i don't have one), and arms (i think)

Favorite Cartoon Animal: Odie from Garfield and friends.

Favorite TV show: Sex in the City

Sign: Capricorn

Favorite Food: Chocolate

Addictions: Chocolate and Coffee!

My guitar: Taylor (beautiful,) too bad i can't play all too well.

That's all i can think of right now... Thanks for reading! Love you all

Katie

----------------
Be yourself, becuase than no one can EVER tell you that you are doing it wrong
-(don't know who said that)

[This message has been edited by PoohBear84 (edited 01-21-2002).]

Posts: 91 | From: New York | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PoohBear84
Activist
Member # 6516

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PoohBear84     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, i feel left out... no one has replied... But i'm going to start leaving a daily quote:

Today:
Today is the tomorow you worried about yesterday
-Tobias Wolff

Posts: 91 | From: New York | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
keoki_14
Activist
Member # 1312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for keoki_14     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome, welcome! The Village People forum is super cool. You'll love it, haha. I do. I have 184 posts.

So if you're a hippy chick, you must like Jefferson Airplane and Janis too, right? I think they're awesome, but I love techno even more.

You sound like you have a lot of interesting hobbies like music and photography. Heh, I'll probably posting here and bothering you all the time. I hope you don't mind.

Anyway, welcome aboard to the boards! (Haha, I'm so lame.)

Oh, how old are you?

------------------
Useless Crap

"This **** ain't over until the last record spins." Groove

"Orr was crazy and could be grounded. All he had to do was ask; and as soon as he did, he would no longer be crazy and would have to fly more missions. Orr would be crazy to fly more missions and sane if he didn't, but if he was sane he would have to fly them. If he flew them he was crazy and didn't have to; but if he didn't want to he was sane and had to." Catch-22 by Joseph Heller

Posts: 620 | From: Columbia, MD, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PoohBear84
Activist
Member # 6516

I like this forum thing, yeah i love *the worst of* Jefferson Airplane, but my fav bands right now, as i said... obviously my husband (jim and the doors,) and i'm going through a huge beatles thing right now...

But i just love all 60's music, joplin is awsome, hendrix, zeppelin, buffalo springfield, poco, eric clapton, CSNY, fleetwood mac, greatful dead, lenny cravitz, pink floyd, santana, steve miller, james taylor, the who... you get it

But anyway, just a little about me in the past year:

I had a boyfriend last year *who shall remain nameless* and i was in love with him, he was my first at almost everything, and he was also bi-sexual... (still a virgin,) But after about 5 months he broke up with me, saying that: It wasn't me it was him, he needs to go find himself, and that he hoped we could still be friends. all of this was:

online!

Then 3 weeks later i find out he's dating my best friend katie (we were both katie,) and i haven't spoken to either of them since... It's been really hard to get over and it has made my OCD a little worse.

I always have this feeling in the pit of my stomache when things are going too well that it's a conspiracy against me, beucase last year was the first year i had a good amount of friends. So by him dumping me, it was really hard for me to get back to normal and to trust people again.

So that's just a little part of my life that i can share with you. I've got more stories that are for another time.

------------------
~*Katie*~

Be yourself, because then no one can ever tell you that you are doing it wrong

Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daydreamer24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Katie! Be happy!

I would've replied sooner, trust me. I haven't been around the boards for a few days. Scarleteen is a great site, as I'm sure you've already noticed

I'm a perfectionist and a total photography nut as well Plus I really love my eyes

PINK FLOYD is AWESOME! And I'm guessing you're 17 or 18 since your screen-name says 84.

Deanna

------------------
"It's impossible to satisfy everyone, and I suggest we all stop trying." -Jennifer Aniston

greenjay blog

Don't Mess With Texas

Posts: 1619 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PoohBear84
Activist
Member # 6516

i just turned 17! And failed my road test at that... but it's all good, i don't need my lisense... i live in a big city...

and I LOVE PINK FLOYD... did you get their new "best of" album??? Echoes??? It's awsome

But anyways i don't have school this week, becuase i have finals UGHHHH... i hate them so much... And i had my music history final today... omg sooooooo hard!!!

What kind of photography do you like? I'm all into the B&W 35mm... and i might work with New York Magazene this summer! but anyways... that's my day!

------------------
~*Katie*~

PoohBear84
Activist
Member # 6516

Icon 4 posted      Profile for PoohBear84     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AHHHH... ok... i'm so torn... me being the kind of person that doesn't want to upset anyone... and i scheduled two things at once!!! and now i'm sooooooooo torn at which ones to do.

A) I scheduled to go upstate to visit my bestist friends: Gi and Sam. And then there was this guy that Gi introduced to me over the phone, Seth, and we totally clicked. LIKE TOTALLY... I talked to him on the phone the other night for hours... until 2am!!! But the thing is, is that i've never met him in person, i apparently i saw a pic of him and thought he was hot, but i don't remember.

B)To go visit my sweet brooklyn boy, Jonny, he's my "hook-up buddy" and i love him to pieces, he's totally cute, and he's the only guy i made an exception for (i have a no younger guys policy... until older-but that's a different story,) but i really like him, he's funny, and so much fun to be around. He's got like the perfect family/life, it's gross... and i talked to some people who used to know him, and he's like that one guy who EVERYONE WANTS but no one can get (i don't know how i got him!) so yeah... but i feel that i don't deserve him becuase i take him for granted.

I feel like if i'm with that special guy that i should be more into him, but i'm not! but that's another conflict!

That's why i'm torn....

Any advice??? What would you do? i know i have to make the final decision, but what would you do if you were in the same situation!?!?

------------------
~*Katie*~

BruinDan
Activist
Member # 3072

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BruinDan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm...sounds like quite a predicament to me. Which engagement did you set up first? When I manage to screw up and engage myself into two social events at one time (which happens rarely...as I am getting older, I am finding that I have less and less free time rather than more and more), I usually make it a rule of thumb to stick with the first engagement that I made.

This makes sense, because that way at least you are consistent. If you make plans for two things at once, my gut feeling is that you should follow through on what you initially signed on to...thereby keeping your word to the first group of friends. Make sense?

------------------
"Task Force 46, Light Force 34, Engine and Rescue 66, Battalion 3, Division 2; respond into the Greater Alarm Structure Fire at San Pedro and Jefferson. Reported to be a fire at the First Alert fire extinguisher factory..."

BruinDan's Blog!
ICQ# 3953848

Posts: 2727 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PoohBear84
Activist
Member # 6516

I'm typing here right now becuase i need an outlet, i don't know why, but all of a sudden i'm just really depressed! I had a really LOOOOOOOONG day: it started out with an 8-10 final then a tutor at 10:30, then another tutor at 2:30, then i went to my shrink at 5 (which didn't help.)

I always feel as if i'm depressed before or after my shrink, never during. I think it might be a psychological thing though, becuase i don't want to seem depressed, or bi-polar or mentally insane to my shrink, or any adults. But that's besides the point.

I got really depressed coming home from my shrink, i think it has to do with lack of sleep, but what triggered it was i went into HMV and wanted to buy the Beatles "White Album" but i was a dollar short, and they didn't give it to me. It made me really really really depressed, i don't know why it just did. And, ever since then i've just had this empty feeling, and wanted to cry.

I have this overwhelming burden of all these tests and i've just become so panic-striken, like "i don't know when i'm going to get all my studying in, i have so much to do, and i'm never going to learn it all" And i have to admit i procrastinated over the weekend, and i don't know... i just want this week to end, i'm going to cry! Everything is just too overwhelming, and i know i should take one thing at a time, but i can't!

MY BRAIN DOESN'T WORK THAT WAY

i always over think everything, and i can't slow down, i'm always thinking at like 100 mph, and everything spins, and i just don't get it. Last night i was so happy, and i couldn't be sad or depressed. I was listening to beatles and everything was great, and now this.

Sorry for the person who read this all, it was me venting.

------------------
~*Katie*~

PoohBear84
Activist
Member # 6516

ok... i'm starting to feel left out... no one has posted on my board for a few days!

------------------
~*Katie*~

*B*
Activist
Member # 4876

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *B*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey
sorry i would have replied sooner but i havent been on for a few days or so.

I read a lot more than i write (as you can tell by my post counts)!

anywayz i'll keep reading if you keep on writing!
BTW some of your music choices are exceptional I tend to go for the 70's stuff but a lot of the artists you mention rock!

------------------
-*B*-

Posts: 110 | From: australia | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PoohBear84
Activist
Member # 6516

Well, anyway, it's been a while since i've been here, and i need to vent a little:

I've been having self worth problems, i feel like in every friendship i have i've screwed things up and that i am a horrible person, i have no tact, and sometimes things slip, i say things that i shouldn't have. And i feel like a horrible person, i don't know what to do with myself, i feel like people don't deserve to be around me. I really don't know what's wrong, i get highs and lows all the time. I'm not bi-poler, and i'm not depressed, i do have a therapist, but i'm still not happy with myself, and i don't know what to do.

I don't know if my slips are just human, and if everyone does them. I just feel so bad when it happens, i kick myself for weeks, and i loathe myself, i don't know what to do!!!!!

ok i'm done venting

------------------
~*Katie*~

BruinDan
Activist
Member # 3072

Icon 3 posted      Profile for BruinDan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Slips" are definitely human. Heaven knows I've made tons of them, and I've had plenty to apologize for in my day. So don't worry too much about that, as long as you try to behave yourself and take responsibility for things you do wrong, you should be fine in the long run.

And as for highs and lows, to an extent those are perfectly natural as well. We all have both good and bad (and then, every so often, really terribly horribly lousy) days that strike us at random. So as long as you aren't absolutely suffering through life miserably, you're doing better than some.

All in all, it sounds like you've just hit a rough patch, which isn't so fun. But the good news is that rough patches never last too long. They stink when you're in 'em, but they're fun to laugh at once they're gone.

Take care...

------------------
"Task Force 46, Light Force 34, Engine and Rescue 66, Battalion 3, Division 2; respond into the Greater Alarm Structure Fire at San Pedro and Jefferson. Reported to be a fire at the First Alert fire extinguisher factory..."

BruinDan's Blog!
ICQ# 3953848

Posts: 2727 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PoohBear84
Activist
Member # 6516

Thanks a lot, but i really don't think that this is a rough spot... it has been happening for the past few years. Not the self loathing, but the highs and lows, and just recently did i come to the realization how i dislike myself. I used to be depressed, i was diagnosed, but never treated becuase i got over it myself.

But thanks, i really mean it, it means a lot to me to have someone reply. It makes me feel like someone cares

------------------
~*Katie*~

BruinDan
Activist
Member # 3072

Icon 3 posted      Profile for BruinDan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PoohBear84:
...it means a lot to me to have someone reply. It makes me feel like someone cares

I'm willing to bet that a whole lot of people care. Maybe more than you even realize.

Something that you may want to look into though, especially if this sort of thing has gone on for years unabated, is getting help from a professional. While we Advocates and Sexperts try our best, there are professionals out there who can actually diagnose, treat, and recommend remedies for depression and things of that nature. I would tend to think that if it has gone on for a long time and is adversely affecting your quality of life, you should be seeking some sort of professional help.

I know it's hard to find, hard to pay for, etc etc...but there are options. One shouldn't have to deal with depression and all its associated issues alone. Take care of yourself and look into getting some help. I'll bet you'll be glad you did.

------------------

BruinDan's Blog!
ICQ# 3953848

PoohBear84
Activist
Member # 6516

Yeah, i have help, i have a therapist, who isn't much of a help becuase i can't talk to her. My dad is also a shrink... which doesn't help living with him, but whatever... i don't know...

thanks

------------------
~*Katie*~

PoohBear84
Activist
Member # 6516

i know this must get boring for people who read my thread... because this seems like the place where i vent to get help, but i need to just vent for a while, so bear with me.

i'm having boy problems, i really like this guy Max, i met him while taking a practice SAT, and he uses the same tutor as i do. What i didn't know when i met him was that he was best friends with this other guy (greg) who likes me and i've been on two dates with, but am not interested in.

a few days after meeting we talked on the phone until like 4 in the morning, and it was amazing, we totally clicked and bonded and everything. But we kinda agreed that we couldn't go out or anything becuase of greg, we don't want to hurt him. I would feel too badly.

BUT I REALLY LIKE HIM!!!! ahhh

ok that's that part of the venting
new part:

I just found out that my best friend for around 6-7 years has started doing coke again, and i'm consitering telling his mum, but i'm not sure if i should. I don't know if he's addcited, and i don't know if i should tell on him even if he's not addicted

sorry about the repeat on the "ask an advocate board" i just needed to vent here too.

i know i must seem depressed right now, but i'm suprisingly not... so yaay smile!

------------------
~*Katie*~

mazz
Activist
Member # 6206

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mazz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Katie!

I think you should definitely go for this max guy. In my experience, i've found that if you really really like someone, then it's definitely worth going for them, for your own happiness. i mean, i understand that you dont want to hurt greg, but i think that if he really is a true friend to both you and max, he will eventually (even if not straight away) understand, and hopefully move on.

As for the situation with your best friend and the drugs, i would speak to him first before going to his mum. You say that he has started again, so that means he stopped once, right? What happened that time? I think that if he doesnt want to stop using drugs, telling his parents might make him angry with you, and if you tell his parents and he stops using drugs and doesnt WANT to, there's no saying whether or not he will understand why you told his mum.

I do understand that morally it seems right for you to go to his mother. However, i really do feel that it's important to consider the situation from his point of view first, and then decide what you want to do.

Posts: 88 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PoohBear84
Activist
Member # 6516

hi everyone, i'm just writing to update... and to say that Max and I are going out, and have been for around 3 weeks... exciting stuff! I'm also just writing to say hi to everyone again, and you know, get re-aquainted, i haven't been here in a while.

But anyway, i kinda feel left out, i tried to start a board to share success stories and everything, and not one person has posted! oh well, that's all.

------------------
~*Katie*~

PoohBear84
Activist
Member # 6516

hiya everyone... i just recenly came back to the boards after a LONG time of being absent. I've just had so many college things starting, everyone who'se gone through it will understand.

Well, i've started my summer inernship (legal slave labor,) and it's not 1/2 bad, i get a lot of personal stuff done, like college essays.

So far the summer has treated me well, which i'm very happy about, i'm just in a little bit of a boy deliema (but who ever isn't,) Ya kno!?!?

Well anyways my rut is that i've got these two boys, and i don't know which one i like more!!! One of them is my best friend, and then the other one is my kinda boyfriend person (the person who i was with to get over Max after i dumped him.) So anyways, i don't know who to choose! Oh well... hopefully it will work itself out soon. I hope everyone is doing very well, i am... and i'll talk to everyone soon!

------------------
~*Katie*~

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.