Donate Now
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » MEMBER-ONLY FORUMS » Village People » That Dude_who_writes...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: That Dude_who_writes...
Dude_who_writes
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5640

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dude_who_writes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow,

I just realized that, even though I've been coming to these boards for almost four months and I'm now an advocate, I've never really introduced myself. Seems kind of strange. Hmm...

Anyway, I'll tell everyone a little bit about myself -- I know you're all dying to know. Actually, my real reason for posting in this forum is my sudden interest in cataloguing everything that is me, this Dude_who_writes.

Iíll start with formal introductions. My real name is Tim, and I live in what I like to call Hicksville USA, but what is actually known generally as Northern Michigan (for those of you who know the area, Iím wedged in between Cadillac and Traverse City, in a little town called Bear Lake). Iím a bisexual teen who is only out to some of my closest friends, and quite content in being so. Iím honest about my sexual orientation when it comes up for the most part (read: when the person isnít homophobic AND/OR my parents/family), but other than that; I pretty much view it as irrelevant. Itís not something that needs to be brought up at every conversation junction, you know?

In the summer, I spend a great deal of my time outdoors, and in the winter, I spend most of it indoors. No ski slopes for me, although Jill (ookuotoe, as most of you know her) plans to change that. I generally like to read and write, and I have a great deal of interest in politics and the law, which is what I think I want to do with the rest of my life. Probably some type of special interest lawÖ who knows, maybe Iíll work for the ACLU or something to that respect in later life.

Iím still a virgin, unfortunately. For the longest time, I believed that virginity was a sacred thing, and I needed to hold on to it as long as possible. I used to like to quote (the source of which I do not know) that, ďSex without love has itís place. Although, that place is generally under a pile of coats at a party,Ē and for a while, I actually meant it. But, I decided about a year ago that it was time to accept desire as a normal thing, and if I chose to, to try and act on that desire. Iíve lived up to half of that epiphany.

Well, I notice that this post is getting sort of long, and I only intended to introduce myself. More later, then, I suppose.

[Edited for clairty]
------------------
Tim (a.k.a. the Dude).
~ Scarleteen's Newest Advocate ~

"Don't knock masturbation -- it's sex with someone I love" -- Woody Allen

[This message has been edited by Dude_who_writes (edited 12-31-2001).]

Posts: 712 | From: Michigan, US | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
keoki_14
Activist
Member # 1312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for keoki_14     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Dude_who_writes...

I always thought you were kind of cool. You've always been sly and witty in your posts.

What kind of music do you like? I always end up bugging people on Scarleteen about music because it's a real diverse bunch here.

------------------
Useless Crap

"This **** ain't over until the last record spins." Groove

Posts: 620 | From: Columbia, MD, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dude_who_writes
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5640

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dude_who_writes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm... my music tastes? That's a tricky question.

Right now, my favorite artist/band list includes:

Alanis Morissette
Nirvana
Linkin Park (some of their stuff)
Incubus (Pardon Me, acoustic, is what hooked me... and I loved the rest of their stuff).
Hole (I love Courtney Love!)
Poe
Alien Ant Farm
No Doubt (Ok, I admit it... it's mostly about Gwen)

I also am a die-hard listener of hippie-60s music, and i'm a huge fan of Hendrix, Jefferson Airplane, and Janis Joplin.

When I want to relax, though, I tend to listen to classical music, and I've nearly worn out my Beethoven Collection CD listening to the Fur Elise when I get stressed.

(Oddly enough, as I'm writing this, I'm humming Auld Lang Sine (sp?) since the Jay Leno has just told me it's the new year... )

Those are my music tastes in a nut-shell, I'm sure I've missed some of my favorite music, but that's what WinAmp is basically set to play, so that's what you get.

[Edited because I totally forgot about Incubus!]
--------------------
Tim (a.k.a. the Dude).
~ Scarleteen's Newest Advocate ~

"Don't knock masturbation -- it's sex with someone I love" -- Woody Allen

[This message has been edited by Dude_who_writes (edited 12-31-2001).]

Posts: 712 | From: Michigan, US | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
keoki_14
Activist
Member # 1312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for keoki_14     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jefferson Airplane? ROCK ON! But I have to ask, do you like Jefferson Starship too? That all gets complicated. I've noticed that there's a lot of name changes in hippie bands. It's usually because the lead goes into rehab and the band moves on without him/her. Thinking Grace Slick? Me too.

Well, you've got to love Haight-Ashbury, I suppose.

------------------
Useless Crap

"This **** ain't over until the last record spins." Groove

Posts: 620 | From: Columbia, MD, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celtic Daisy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Celtic Daisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
nm, i'm slow...
------------------
"where'ths my mommy?"
-Shawna

Akimsa (non-violence)

~Erin~

[This message has been edited by Celtic Daisy (edited 01-01-2002).]

Posts: 1747 | From: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*B*
Activist
Member # 4876

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *B*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
heya

welcome to the boards- even though i do more reading than writting (as you can tell by my low post count )at times i come out to talk.
you have great musical tastes- especially the classical stuff.If you are ever in a totally upbeat mood try 70's- really helps to sustain it of course i am biased seeing i love disco and 70's stuff but ya get that.

anywayz i'll keep on reading if you keep on writting- you might even hear from me sometime

------------------
-*B*-

Posts: 110 | From: australia | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daydreamer24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Tim! (my Dad's name is Tim, btw ) Congrats on becoming an advocate! I knew you'd become one sooner or later... you give wonderful guy's-perspective advice!
Oh, yeah, and write as much as you darn well want- it's your own thread!

[This message has been edited by Daydreamer24 (edited 01-01-2002).]

Posts: 1619 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PoohBear84
Activist
Member # 6516

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PoohBear84     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Tim, i'm Katie, and i'm a new activist!!! It like, just happened all of a sudden and was totally cool.

And GO YOU for liking jefferson airplane (one of my personal fav.) I'm one of the biggest hippy chicks... i could swear that i was born in the wrong era!!!

And about Incubus... i love acoustic... but i have to say i hate them becuase they stole my lovely pink floyd's "wish you were here" and rode it off as their own song. AHHHH

But anyway... have fun being in Michagan (i hope i spelled that correctly)

------------------
~*Katie*~

Be yourself, because then no one can ever tell you that you are doing it wrong

[This message has been edited by PoohBear84 (edited 01-22-2002).]

Posts: 91 | From: New York | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Codeô is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.