Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » MEMBER-ONLY FORUMS » Village People » Spin in 'da house :)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Spin in 'da house :)
Spin
Neophyte
Member # 6025

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Spin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Girls & Boys -

My name is Kimberly, im 20, and live in Dallas, Texas Im new around here and thought that I'd say HEY!

I enjoy clubbin, raves, Music (mostly trance, house, breakbeat, DnB, Dance..anything 'cept for country, with the exception of the Dixie Chicks.)

I just moved out from my parents house, and I've got an AWESOME apartment with my bestfriend in the whole world, Chris, who's a gay boi. Things are wonderful

I used to post on here about a year and a half ago - and thought that i'd get back into the swing of things, ya know, since im older and wiser now.

AIM SCREENNAME:SpinSpinSugar19

Say hello sometime!

------------------
Good Times :)

Posts: 13 | From: Dallas, Texas | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glitter695
Activist
Member # 1515

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glitter695     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hay gurl how are ya? Just wanted to say HELLO, and that I love Dallas Texas!! I go there on vacation once and awhile.

Do you live by Highland Village or Flower Mound Texas? Because I have friends that live there.

It will be almost a year ago since I have been in Dallas! I cant believe time went by that quick. And its Christmas!! LOL...

So gurlie enjoy your stay here at the scarleteen boards. You learn a lot and you will be thankful!

------------------
*~*~12/3/99*~*
Bobaroony & Erica Bearica
<3 love forever!

*~*Scarleteen Advocate*~*

[This message has been edited by glitter695 (edited 11-26-2001).]

Posts: 1978 | From: NY:) | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sneaker pimps. right on!

do you like underworld? i *love* underworld. i also dig BT, Massive Attack, Daft Punk, FSOL and Banco de Gaia, among others

------------------
I bust my arse so that I can get somewhere in life, so why am I not there yet?

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spin
Neophyte
Member # 6025

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh I just LOVE Daft Punk! Im a big fan of Paul Oakenfold, Seb Fontaine, Victor Calderone, as well - and any other kinda music that makes me wanna get up and shake my boo-tay!

------------------

Posts: 13 | From: Dallas, Texas | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
keoki_14
Activist
Member # 1312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for keoki_14     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another techno freak. Sweet! Hehe, I'm put in that category easily.

I've really been diggin' The Avalanches lately. It's like trip-hop Aphex Twin. It's really sweet. It's one of those weird kind of groups, but definitely not as weird as Aphex Twin.

You've heard of "Heaven Scent" by Bedrock, right? That is THE best song on the face of the Earth. Josh Digweed is really awesome. But anyway, that's my favorite song. It sounds really good with an extra set of good quality speakers, that's for sure.

Oh yeah, and I also suggest VNV Nation. I just got into them. They're kind of like Razed in Black, but not as goth. It's got a little house and trance in it. It's nice.

What song made you first get into the wonderful genre of techno? I would have to say it was one of the songs my Dimitri from Paris. It may have been his mix of Bjork's "Isobel," but that was a long time ago. I don't remember exactly.

Anyway, if you're looking for some new tunes, just let me know. Or Gumdrop Girl, she's got EXCELLENT taste in music. Hehe, it's true.

Welcome to the boards! I love it here.

------------------
Useless Crap

"I'll turn him into a flea, a harmless little flea, and then I'll put him into a box and put that box inside another box then I'll mail that box to myself... hahaha, and then I'll smash it with a hammer!"
Emperor's New Groove

Posts: 620 | From: Columbia, MD, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glitter695
Activist
Member # 1515

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glitter695     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh yes I like techno too. Its good music. It gets me in the mood to go out and party!

I like techno like ATB, Darude, DJ Alice, DJ Spree, Live@ Heavenly Beats (Its a club, it plays good techno.) Trance Global Nation is good too.

I like more, but sometime I listen to the music and I like it, and I can never figure out what the names of the group is.

------------------
*~*~12/3/99*~*
<3 love forever!

Posts: 1978 | From: NY:) | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glitter695
Activist
Member # 1515

Oh and Ministry Sound....

------------------
*~*~12/3/99*~*
<3 love forever!

Spin
Neophyte
Member # 6025

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
keoki_14 - The first song that I heard and really loved was Paul Oakenfold's remix of Silence by Delerium. I've only been into this music for about 8 months or so. So, do you go to raves/clubs? My friends and I usually catch a rave about once a month - but we go to the club ever friday and saturday, where they are spinning some AWESOME trance/house music that keeps us dancing all night long.

------------------

glitter695
Activist
Member # 1515

I go to clubs. I have sooo much fun.

My boyfriend goes to raves every once and awhile. I have never been to one myself, but he says that they are fun.

He is into those glowstix. Hes really good at them. I have tried and I always hit myself in the face or whatever.

------------------
*~*~12/3/99*~*
<3 love forever!

Spin
Neophyte
Member # 6025

Photons (those little tiny lazer lights you probably see people with at clubs) are what I use. I've had a few accidents with glowsticks, especially when I attached them to some string and were swinging them around. They should come with some sort of warning label.
You should go to a rave sometime, make sure that its an outdoor one. Those are so much better than the ones held in concert venues or warehouses.

P*L*U*R

------------------

glitter695
Activist
Member # 1515

Yup he uses Photons too! I have tried the hand movement to them, and I cant get it. My boyfriend said that it took him about 2 months to get the hand movements down.

You are so right about the stixs on the strings. One time my boyfriend was doing it, and he almost took his eye out. He has a nice bruise on his eye the next day. LOL...

I dont know about raves though, Im just scared that someone will slip something in my drink. Im probably over reacting.

I trust my boyfriend not to do any drugs when hes at the raves. So far he says that he hasnt done any, and I believe him.

So you never answered my first questions. Do you like by Flower Mound and Highland Village tx??

------------------
*~*~12/3/99*~*
<3 love forever!

keoki_14
Activist
Member # 1312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for keoki_14     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've never personally gone raving, but my friend does all the time. I really want to go, but I can't because of my over protective parents. I can't go to any clubs because I'm only 15. And under 21 clubs suck a lot.

Ah, PLUR. Do you follow it, or do you just like the idea of it? I try to follow PLUR as much as I can. My friend thinks it's kind of corny, but whatever. That's what I believe, and poo on him.

Have you ever seen Groove? That's a REALLY, REALLY good movie. It's my favorite of all time. The soundtrack kicks major butt. You should really check it out if you haven't already. It's a total rave movie.

------------------
Useless Crap

"I'll turn him into a flea, a harmless little flea, and then I'll put him into a box and put that box inside another box then I'll mail that box to myself... hahaha, and then I'll smash it with a hammer!"
Emperor's New Groove

Posts: 620 | From: Columbia, MD, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spin
Neophyte
Member # 6025

Hey Miss Keoki - Well sounds like you've got a while before you can do the whole club/rave thing. I didn't start doing any of this 'til I was almost 20 (during the past 6 months) and away at college.

It's good to have overprotective parents sometimes They've got a right to be kinda leary about their kiddoe going to a rave. The whole RAVE culture has a lot of NEGATIVE publicity. There ARE a lot of DRUGS that are mixed into this scene. Whether you choose to partake in those activities or not is cool - but the temptation is there. But its probably EVERYWHERE - I just happened to be a sheltered preppy tennis girl @ an upper middle class highschool. Didn't learn about the GOOD stuff til I was 300 miles away from the parentals. I do enjoy recreational drugs from time to time.

Yeah, I totally try to adhear by P*L*U*R, which is Peace, Love, Unity, Respect (for all of those who didn't know) I think its awesome when you get together with thousands of people that are super friendly and have great additudes and DANCE the night AWAY

Thats about all for now, I've gotta run.

P*L*U*R

------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.