Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » MEMBER-ONLY FORUMS » Village People » The Daydreamer (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: The Daydreamer
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sorry i didn't check back in sooner. hmm. if blogger won't let you host images and stuff, you may have to get an account with something like Geocities and stash all your pix there and then link back to them on blog. it really bites 'cause you have to fuss with more than one acount ;̃ You can shop around and see which free services let you store photos. Angelfire will NOT, as is the case with a few others.

------------------
I bust my arse so that I can get somewhere in life, so why am I not there yet?

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daydreamer24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks gumdrop

i just got a new account at geocities. if i go to my blog, the image doesn't show up so i have to refresh, then go to another link and back again. oh well. it's not too hard to refresh, just that my computer is incredibly slow. beh.

ha, i almost typed <br>. funny. i've been making a layout for http://greenjay.blogspot.com all day. it's done. whoo-hoo. almost. blogger was acting up to i had to delete my old template, or so i thought. anyway, better get going. i'm s'posed to be doin a project, heh

------------------
"Never take back your emotions. It's what you were feeling at that moment." -Leelee Sobieski

greenjay blog

Posts: 1619 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Daydreamer24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey. today is christmas eve! nerry christmas eve! happy hannukah (sp)! happy kwanza! happy... whatever!

i love the holidays. everything is so perfect. it gets me in an annoyingly cheery mood. new layout @ greenjay! whoo-hoo! tonight we're going to my cousins house for.... tamales! tamales for christmas eve. a bit strange, but then again my cousin has always been a little off..

tomorrow my grandpa, his girlfriend, and my sister's boyfriend are coming over. yay! i've never stayed home for christmas, so that'll be interesting. well, better get going. i gotta clean for tomorrow

------------------
"Never take back your emotions. It's what you were feeling at that moment." -Leelee Sobieski

greenjay blog

Posts: 1619 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daydreamer24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
merry christmas! today is christmas.... we already opened our gifts, our stockings.. christmas is so fun. mom's baking downstairs, me on the net (heh), dad watching t.v..... anyway, happy holidays everyone. and be safe.

------------------

greenjay blog

Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

hey! i haven't posted here in a while. since christmas, actually. i can't believe i've posted over 200 messages since october 2001! that's amazing. anyway, me and my friend are planning a scheme on the net so i gotta go!

------------------

greenjay blog

Don't Mess With Texas

Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

hey hey. nothin too exciting around here, except that i'm goin to lita_rulez00's house tonight along with jen. i don't think lita_rulez has posted yet, but i told her about the boards and she's been here. she said she really likes the site! ^^

anyway, tonight's gonna be really fun. i gotta clean the house for my mom later on because she's having her co-worker and her son and husband over tonight. i'll probably had over to "lita"'s house around 10 tonight. is that ok, lita? heh, i'll just call you lita, lol. go create a thread in village people! it's fun. yeah, so now you're probably really confused about this post. heh. i'm just doin what i do best!

i feel really sorry for my mom. here's the story, freshly copy and pasted off of notepad:

I saw my Mom cry today for the first time in a long time. Her boss is a real bit** anyway, but lately she's been having outbreaks. She wrote my Mom up for "embarassing her" because a new employee came in and all Rita (boss) had to do was give him a drugscreen and send him off to his job. She said she didn't know what to do, and told my Mom her job was in jepoardy. My Mom told my Uncle about that, and he said that first off, threatening is illegal. If she says something about it, she's gotta do it.

A lady sent my Mom a resume and my Mom replied to her with "The job you are applying for has been filled." The woman sent my Mom's boss an email that said my Mom was rude about it and that my Mom's boss should talk to her about it. Then Rita talked to my Mom and was being a hypocrit by saying it wasn't her fault whenever she told the lady that she'd talk to my Mom and agreed that my Mom needed to work on that.

My Mom has been really stressed and very very upset lately. It seems like eevryone is telling her boss everything that is untrue just so that they'll get her fired. I can confidently say that after being in the HR department for over 17 years, my Mom knows exactly what she's doing. She knows more about anything than her boss does, or anyone else in her department. My Mother doesn't deserve to be treated like this because she does almost everything right. She tries her hardest, and admits when she's wrong.

yeah, so. my mom is my idol. she's a great person. she's very experienced with her job, and she needs to be recognized more that that. she deserves more than that.

anyway, if you could help me any by teling me how to comfort her or what to say, i'd be very grateful. later

------------------

greenjay blog

Don't Mess With Texas

Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

wow. somebody get me a trophy- i'm almost done with my project! i really hope my friend who i really want to stay the night tomorrow night can stay the night. i haven't had anyone stay the night for like....2 months. it's killin me. err. random thought- does anyone know tables (html)? i need help with tables. and ftp. i don't know ftp, so if you know any really good ftp sities, please don't hesitate to post here! man, i've been online almost all day today. doing my project, of course lol yeah right. anyway, i must finish my project, so i'll talk to y'all later!

------------------
"It's impossible to satisfy everyone, and I suggest we all stop trying." -Jennifer Aniston

greenjay blog

Don't Mess With Texas

keoki_14
Activist
Member # 1312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for keoki_14     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, HTML... I know some of that. I used to know a fair amount until I turned into a graphics nerd. Well, anyway, not like you care, so...

Here's all the sites that I have bookmarked to help me out with code when I forget:

HTML School
HTML Goodies
Sizzling HTML Jalfrezi

I find these the most useful. I also have a handy-dandy O'Reilly HTML Pocket Reference. It just has a list of tags. It's in the nerd section at Borders, or wherever.

Oh yeah, and I was reading in your journal that you were having trouble with images, or something? I don't know exactly what you're saying, but I use www.worldzone.net for my host, and it's free. I have a lot of storage space, and I can keep whatever I want on it.

Good luck.

------------------
Useless Crap

"This **** ain't over until the last record spins." Groove

[This message has been edited by keoki_14 (edited 01-03-2002).]

Posts: 620 | From: Columbia, MD, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Thanks, keoki!

Yeah, no more trouble with images. I got an account @ Liquid2k.com (which rocks my poptarts, I may add) and I can direct link there. So eevrything worked out perfectly. ^^

Oh yeah, Tim (dude who writes) in case you're reading this (which I highly doubt), how do you like Smack!? I think it's a pretty cool HTML site, sorta like Scarleteen only the peopl respond faster and it's HTML, not sex-ed. Rock on, rock on, rock on

------------------
"It's impossible to satisfy everyone, and I suggest we all stop trying." -Jennifer Aniston

greenjay blog

Don't Mess With Texas

keoki_14
Activist
Member # 1312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for keoki_14     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No problem, Daydreamer. Let me know if you ever need help with HTML. Heh, I might have to ask you soon. I'm getting kind of rusty. What's your URL? I wouldn't mind seeing your webpage.

Rocks your poptarts? Heh, that's a new one on my list. I always like "rocks like socks in a box." Heh, or... if you want to be annoying, "rox like sox in a box." Hehe.

------------------
Useless Crap

"This **** ain't over until the last record spins." Groove

"Orr was crazy and could be grounded. All he had to do was ask; and as soon as he did, he would no longer be crazy and would have to fly more missions. Orr would be crazy to fly more missions and sane if he didn't, but if he was sane he would have to fly them. If he flew them he was crazy and didn't have to; but if he didn't want to he was sane and had to." Catch-22 by Joseph Heller

Posts: 620 | From: Columbia, MD, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

right now i use blogspot.com (cough) instead of a host or freeserver because i haven't gotten off my rear to learn how to use ws_ftp le. yep, that's me - big procrastonator

but i do know some html, just not tables :P

oh yeah, and in my sig it says greenjay blog- that's my blog

------------------
The present is the past of the future

greenjay blog

Don't Mess With Texas

[This message has been edited by Daydreamer24 (edited 01-26-2002).]

*B*
Activist
Member # 4876

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *B*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i just wanna say thanks for posting in my thread. I love reading from new people, its so great that people actually read my thread!

------------------
-*B*-

Posts: 110 | From: australia | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Today we got an early out - whoo-hoo! Too bad it couldn't have been tomorrow - I HATE B days. Grr.

Anyway, that's about all I came here to say, so bye!

------------------
c/o 2005!

"We all walk in the dark and each of us must learn how to turn on his or her own light"

Don't Mess With Texas

Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Daydreamer24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have *never* been more excited in my life!! I'm seeing my alltime FAVORITE band,Brooks Dunn at the Rodeo tonight at 7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's about 3 hours people, and I have never been so excited!!!!! It's gonna be FUNNNNNNNNNN!!

Deanna! [excited]

[This message has been edited by Daydreamer24 (edited 02-19-2002).]

Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Yay! That was really fun!! I got a Brooks and Dunn t-shirt, which is a size adult medium ! Oh well it'll shrink, and I had the time of my life trying to find the words to a couple of the songs I didn't know
justagirl04
Activist
Member # 3824

Icon 6 posted      Profile for justagirl04     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Deanna! Thanks for coming to my site and posting a message. I really appreciate it

------------------
ShAnNa's AmAzInG wEbSiTe

~*Only God Knows Why*~

Posts: 318 | From: Oklahoma USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mazz
Activist
Member # 6206

Icon 10 posted      Profile for mazz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey,
This might seem really random, but i really love your name, Deanna. I was reading through these posts and it struck me how much i really loved it. Anyway, i just thought id tell you that you have a beautiful name.

Posts: 88 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Hi, thank you so much, mazz!!! I was always really self-concious about my name because I hated it, but now it's alright. Thanks again!!! That lifted my spirits...
Stargazer23
Activist
Member # 6893

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stargazer23     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I, too, love Texas. I am moving there, and soon, to Dallas. Job with Dallas police. I can't wait....but, I have to go to the police academy again *grumbles* Been there a few times, LOVE it! But, I like Ft. Worth better than Dallas.
Posts: 45 | From: Girard, OH, USA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

I live in Houston . I even wrote a song about it. Sums Houston up in one word <clears throat> Pollution, pollution, ohhh pollution. Pollution, pollution pollution, pollutionnnnnn!

I've actually never been to Dallas, partly because it's on the other side of the state and mostly because of the Dallas Cowboys . I've lived here all my life, and despite how much I put down Texas, I truly love it

------------------
Don't mess with Texas.

If you forgive others the wrongs they have done to you, your Father in heaven will also forgive you. -Matthew 6: 8-14 (blog)

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.

[This message has been edited by Daydreamer24 (edited 03-04-2002).]

Stargazer23
Activist
Member # 6893

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stargazer23     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hehehe, I actually have never been to Houston...My boyfriend and I were supposed to go there this summer, cuz a friend of ours from Norway was supposed to be visiting friends there, but, she's not coming now, sooooo....looks like I won't get there....*grin* You never know, tho.... I have only been to Dallas a few times. To look at apartments in North Dallas, and to the police academy for testing. I know Ft. Worth tho, and I like it lots!
Posts: 45 | From: Girard, OH, USA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lemming
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lemming     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Daydreamer,
I just caught a post of yours about something about Houston and Kohls and the movies ;]. I'm such a dork that I never picked up that you're from Houston!

I lived in Houston all my life till 2000, when I graduated CLHS and moved to Chicago. But all my family and a lot of my friends still live there so I go back a lot.

How's the weather right now? I'm coming down for spring break and I can't wait to wear clothes that aren't SWEATERS again!!

Posts: 3156 | From: Austin, Texas | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Hahaha, hey. Hahaha. Monday in art was HILARIOUS. It was SO hard to not just burst out laughing in front of the entire class. Hahahaha. Ya gotta understand my humor to get the joke. Haaaaa

We're working on these clay pots in my dumb art class, and we were just starting them Monday. My art teacher calls the opening the "lip" which just doesn't sound right to start with. Hahaha. So she walks around the room saying all of these things, not meaning to refer to labia on a female. So she walks around the room saying all of these things like "see? feel my lips" and all of these things that were just... HILARIOUS! I would say more but I don't remember all the other jokes

Anyway, I needed to see my sig, plus that was HILARIOUS and I thought it'd fit well on Scarleteen

<editing an old AIM link code w/ my screenname>

[This message has been edited by Daydreamer24 (edited 08-18-2002).]

Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

I am sorry, Lemming, I rarely check my thread to see who posts in it! I never got back to your Houston reply!

I've lived in Houston all of my life, too! I go to CBHS (YAY! much better than the falcons hehe)! Go Wolverines! When is your Spring Break? I just had mine last week; too bad it's over *sniff*. Yeah, I'd like to go somewhere where I have to wear a sweater, lol. Houston weather is just crazy, it fluctuates from 30 degrees to 90 degrees in a day or two. But, that doesn't even matter, because I love Houston and Texas to death.

------------------
Don't mess with Texas.

[This message has been edited by Daydreamer24 (edited 03-24-2002).]

Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Well, I didn't go to the gym today, something I regret. I was much too tired from Amy's party Saturday night; I even took a nap (something I hate and NEVER do). Man, I guess I'll just have to go... Wednesday. Thank Heavens tomorrow is an A Day... *sigh*.

If you want more info on what's going on in my life, checkout my blog -- http://www.greenjay.blogspot.com I took it out ofmy sig because well, I don't want everyone to see it Anyway that's all, byeness

------------------
Don't mess with Texas.

Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Ahh, the grand 500 posts!!!

I still can't believe I've been here for 6 months and I've made 499 (now 500) posts. In fact, it doesn't even seem like half a year I've been here.

Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

I thought Friday was never going to come. It's about time!

Well, things haven't been going so great in my household. I need to repost in my previous post regarding a question about divorce, since it looks like that's what my parents are going to do.

I have a fairly new layout at my blog. Today was funny because in art my friend Whitney likes this boy named Ryan G_____, and I said "hey! if his middle name was... *thought* uterus his initals would be RUG!" and we started laughing so hard. Being a freshman is so much fun I'm off to post in my blog... bye!

------------------
~A real friend is one that will help you clean up after the party's over.

"I'm a Texas woman, which means I don't need the help of a man to keep things rolling." -The Rookie

Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

*sigh* i am so glad scarleteen is back!

this summer has been pretty boring. i'm going to east st. louie, illinois on july 27 with 2 of my friends. i'm excited!

soo this eye thing is REALLY bugging me. i'm afraid i'm gonna go blind. god, i'm so scared. i better go post in my blog. this could be long ...

------------------
Daydreamer24

"I'm a Texas woman, which means I don't need the help of a man to keep things rolling." -The Rookie

Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

700 posts.
Ephesians
Neophyte
Member # 9010

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Ephesians     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the warm welcome. I really appreciate you taking time to get to know me better.

If you're looking for answers about Christ, please feel free to ask me at any time. Granted, I'm not a Bible-answer-man, but I do know a thing or two.

Some great sites to go to for information about Christ are:
www.equip.org www.billygraham.org www.liveprayer.com

I will pray for you tonight that you will find the answers you are looking for.

Also, if you'd like to know anything about politics, let me know too. I'm a member of the Constitution Party and I've had some experience in the arena of politics.

I believe God has called me into politics. In politics, I fight for peace, morality and social justice. Hopefully my party will start to elect good candidates who will make this country better.

Anyway, thanks again for the warm welcome. Take care and God bless.

"The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you; the Lord turn His face toward you and give you peace."
-- Numbers 6:24-26

JAD <><

------------------
For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.

John 3:16

Posts: 22 | From: Woodbridge, Virginia, USA | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

My neighbor Jim is supposed to be moving in with us for a little while because Jill, his wife, moved back home to Ohio with her daughter, Sam, but Jim is staying down here for a while because of his job.

So my Dad picked him up from the airport last night at 10:45, thinking Jim was gonna stay with us. So Jim goes down to Freeport and stays in a hotel. What the hell? We cleaned up all day, our *whole* house just for Jim to stay for, like, 5 minutes? I don't think so. It's just like that family to cancel on you at the last minute.

Er.

Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

double post

[This message has been edited by Daydreamer24 (edited 08-14-2002).]

Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

okay, triple post!

Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

I've found myself on weezerfans.com a lot lately, and I don't know how it came to be.

Yesterday I was desperately searching for a song by Weezer (which I found out was Dope Nose) and it all started from there. So far my favorites are Dope Nose, Buddy Holly, and Hashpipe. I actually remember Weezer singing 'Buddy Holly' on a Welcome to Windows video in 1998!

So now, I'm wondering: is it possible for a diehard country girl to be a Weezer fan?! I don't want to seem like a poser, but then, I don't care but other people think. Maybe I should switch to polo shirts with argyle sweaters on top and rectangular black glasses. It's what I like; it's cute; and I'd be more comfortable in it, but I don't know. I love not having a "style" and buying what I want.

Life is so confusing.

I don't know if I really like country just because it seems so "innocent" to other people and that they're surprised that I like it, or because I really do.

Sometimes I want to get away from myself. Err.

<p.s. - starlight is a mighty sweet song

------------------
God Bless Texas

"If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day, so I never have to live without you."
--Winnie The Pooh

~Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. -- George Bernard Shaw

Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Long Post!!

It's raining cats and dogs here. Pouring.

I love the rain. It's so peaceful and comforting. It makes me really happy and smiley.

Of course it was never the same after our neighbor's house caught fire from the lightening, but still, there's something about it.

I stayed in bed until Eleven Thirty. I wasn't sleeping the whole time; my cat was hogging most of my pillow.

Speaking of which: I've been having a lot ofback and neck pains lately when I wake up. Should I stretch the night before and that morning? Maybe I should consider getting a new pillow; a smaller one. Afterall, I only use the very bottom anyway. My nose and ears and up are all that use the pillow. Hehe.

A. came over yesterday at noon. We baked cupcakes and walked in the rain, talked to mailmen; you know, the usual. She's so fun to be around! Nervewracking at times because she's rarely serious, but I still love her as a friend. She's one of my best, these days. I have trouble picking friends. No, it's not that I have trouble picking them, it's that I always find something wrong with them; their weaknesses. Here's what I've found so far:

M. I've known her for about 6-7 years and she thinks she always has to be right. All she eats is chicken & chocolate (literally) and she's the most closeminded person I know. I hate this.
J. just gets on my nerved all together. She's a positive person to be around, and thinking back throughout the year that I've known her, she's complimented me *once*. She's hardly ever serious, either, and never follows through on her actions.
M.2 She's the sweetest and most thoughtful person ever, but she needs a mind of her own. I think she'd be twice as sweet if she didn't agree with everything!
J.2 We totally grew apart. I'm always making her aware of the diseases and infections she could contract while performing oral sex, but she doesn't care. We always used to be the best of friends, but there was always something that bothered me about her. It's her ignorance and arrogance that annoys me. She would say things (and still does) that you don't know but expects you to know them, just to make her look smart.

Her: "He's in the hospital because he has amertosispoocherosis."
Me: "Oh. That's sad."
Her: "You know what that is???"
Me: "No."

And she makes you feel as if it's common sense and you're supposed to know it. Another thing I hate.

A. She's hardly ever serious, but atleast she's not silly all of the time. She actually flaunts her failing in school and smiles when you bring it up, which is also something I can't stand. People who are proud of things they shouldn't be proud of.

Maybe it's just me that's insecure.

I'm always telling all of my friends to go to Scarleteen.com, but they never listen. They reply with things like "I DON'T have an STD. If I did it woule have showed up by now." and "That's not how you properly give head." (when I tell them do use condoms and Saran Wrap).

People bug the hell out of me soemtimes.

------------------
God Bless Texas

"If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day, so I never have to live without you."
--Winnie The Pooh

[This message has been edited by Daydreamer24 (edited 08-15-2002).]

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.