Donate Now
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » MEMBER-ONLY FORUMS » Village People » The Daydreamer (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: The Daydreamer
Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daydreamer24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
<edit January 18, 2003>

Hi there! I'm Daydreamer24, one of the many (and youngest!) Scarleteen advocates! I'm 15, a sophomore in High School, around 5'4" and 110 pounds and live in Houston, Texas, United States, North America, USA, etc. I just recently cut my hair short (very similar to this), and I love it! Um, people say I have a cute smile (and white teeth!) and pretty eyes (kind of greeny-brown/hazely). And my eyes are kinda big.

As far as interests go, I'm actually trying to find things I'm interested in. I'm becoming seemingly interested in linguistics, the study of languages. I find it so incredibly interesting! I take Spanish at school; I'm in Spanish 1. I'm really interested in anatomy. I want to do something medical when I graduate from high school (which unfortunately means more schooling ).

I don't have a boyfriend, but I do have my eye on somebody! If you're one of the lucky few people who has the link to my online journal (you can find it somewhere Scarleteen-related if you look ) you'll often see my talking about him. I tend to be attracted to not one type of guy but someone who is intelligent. I really don't care about looks.

As far as my personality goes... hm. My attitude varies between person to person. I'm strange around my friends. I'm strange around everybody, but sometimes I conceal it. People say I have a bueno sense of humor, and I think I do. Enough already, ask me!

[This message has been edited by Daydreamer24 (edited 01-18-2003).]

Posts: 1619 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BruinDan
Activist
Member # 3072

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BruinDan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello anonymous, and welcome to our little half-acre of fun!

I'm certainly glad ya like it here at Scarleteen, it's rather a nifty place, eh? Speaking of rather nifty places, how do you like Houston? I was there in December of 1994, and I remember it being pretty stormy! But I suppose it's okay...just as long as you don't like the Astros! (says a devout Dodger fan)

Anyway, I hope you have a pleasant time poking around in here. My info is in here somewhere...feel free to take a gander at it. And have a lovely day!

------------------
"Task Force 46, Light Force 34, Engine and Rescue 66, Battalion 3, Division 2; respond into the Greater Alarm Structure Fire at San Pedro and Jefferson. Reported to be a fire at the First Alert fire extinguisher factory..."

BruinDan's Blog!
ICQ# 3953848

Posts: 2727 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daydreamer24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why thank you very mucho, BruinDan! I heard you have a brother around Scarleteen. Well, welcome to the boards, BruinDan's brother!

Houston- Houston is a rather rainy city! But I love when it rains, so that just works out perfectly!! The only thing I don't like about being here is the humidity.

I really like it here on ST, and I log on 2-3 times a day. My first click is Relationships, then to Body and Soul. Anyone have any favorite sections?

Over and out! -Daydreamer <-- is that not the cutest face ever?!

Oh yeah.. BruinDan- The Astros may suck, but they're still my good 'ol Astros!! Lol, just joshin

------------------
Dont Mess with Texas

"Only in America, where we can dream as big as we want to."
-Brooks and Dunn

Life is not fair, a fair is a place you show cows

[This message has been edited by Daydreamer24 (edited 11-06-2001).]

Posts: 1619 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Star2be17
Activist
Member # 4769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Star2be17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey there daydreamer.

I used to live in Texas...i don't know what possessed my parents to move up here to wisconsin but oh well. I lived in Lubbock. Have you ever been there? I know, i know, it's like the most boring place on the face of the earth but hey, i like it! I wanna move back to texas cuz it's so warm!!

------------------
So you call this your free country?
Tell me why it costs so much to live.--3 Doors Down

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. --Chris Slater

Posts: 266 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Hey, Star2be! That's strange... my family lives in Wisconsin! Have you ever heard of Waunakee? It's a little south of Madison. (South I think...) I've never been to Lubbock, but I heard it is boring! lol.

------------------
Dont Mess with Texas

-Brooks and Dunn

BruinDan
Activist
Member # 3072

Icon 3 posted      Profile for BruinDan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Daydreamer24:
Why thank you very mucho, BruinDan! I heard you have a brother around Scarleteen. Well, welcome to the boards, BruinDan's brother!

LOL Now how on earth did you hear that? Must be the ol' rumor mill in action yet again. Actually, I have do have a family member lurking around the boards here...but it's not a brother. That is the hint I'll give ya, and you can poke around and see if you can find BruinDan's Mystery Family Member somewhere. Perhaps somewhere right under our noses (hint, hint).

And okay, I guess the Astros aren't all bad. In fact, they've consistently outplayed my Dodgers over the last few years (although now that I think about it, who hasn't?!). But I still bleed Dodger blue, I have since I was four years old, and that was quite a while ago.

------------------
"Task Force 46, Light Force 34, Engine and Rescue 66, Battalion 3, Division 2; respond into the Greater Alarm Structure Fire at San Pedro and Jefferson. Reported to be a fire at the First Alert fire extinguisher factory..."

BruinDan's Blog!
ICQ# 3953848

Posts: 2727 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Ok, your sister, BruinDan! I automatically assumed when I read her thread that it was guy! Don't ask why! So how are things in 'ol SoCal?

------------------
Dont Mess with Texas

-Brooks and Dunn

Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Wow... today was jam-packed. At 9:15 Central Time my Dad woke me up because my Grandpa was there and wanted to say hi to me. (I usually get up around that time, last night I just stayed up late) So... yeah. At 11:00 my Mom and sister and I went to the mall until 2:00. After that we went to Target. Then we came home. Yup. Doesn't sound too jam packed, but I sure am tired. Today I got a pretty black turtle neck 3/4 length dress at Dillards (do y'all have Dillards?) and at Target a black bra, black underwear, and a black slip for my cousin's wedding in December. Yeah, I know. Black? For a wedding? I'm sorta in it... yeah. So.. I'm actually starting to blog in here. So now you'll know about my exciting life! (sarcastic) YAY this week we get school off for the holidays! Happy holidays from Texas, y'all! Peace OUT!

------------------
Don't Mess with Texas

-Brooks and Dunn

Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Hellooo out there! *waves*

Gosh... today is gonna be soooo boring. Mom's gonna watch football today.. ALL day... no seriously.. my Mom's like that. Not bad, but sometimes kind of annoying. I mean, I love the Pack, too, just not as much. ANYway... so I'm not gonna get to do anything today. We got this spiffy new volleyball set at Target yesterday, and my Dad doesn't know how to set it up right now.. so all I can do it bump it (fun) but I have no one to bump it with, so that's kind of a problem... actually, it is a problem. I called my friend who lives right down the street and she can't "play" because she has HW... HW? I asked. We're off all this week, silly! Yeah, well they're going to some ranch.... soo I take it my bff can't come over (she lives like 3 minutes away by car) because her brother just came in from up north (college) last night, and so did her grandparents. So I'm stuck here, bored, and alone. Well, I say alone, because when my Mom watched football, she's tuned in. The jaws of life couldn't pry her from the tube.. Haha, I almost typed lube. Why was I thinking lube?... Later! =)

------------------
Don't Mess with Texas

-Brooks and Dunn

Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Wow, I actually did accomplish something today.. actually... it was sorta fun!

At like 12:00 I went outside and started rollerblading... kinda off and on... at 2:30 I called my friend and she was just as bored as I was.. she lives a few minutes away from me, too. So I called my other frienf who also lives a few away, and I told her I'd help her with something, so there we went on our rollerblades passing out cookie dough! =^_^= It was fun! So then, we bladed on down to our friends house, the one I was on the phone with, and we were there for about 15 minutes, but my friend had to go, so I stayed there with my friend (who lives there, lol) and we played basketball and football. Aww, m,an! The Packers lost! Grr!

Anyway, I had a fun day... well near the end. Maybe I can go over there tomorrow... we'll see! Over and out! -Dd24

------------------
Don't Mess with Texas

-Brooks and Dunn

Star2be17
Activist
Member # 4769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Star2be17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How bout dem Packers, yah hey der doncha know?? Gosh they were terrible today! Actually, i didn't even watch the game but my bf was griping about it with my dad so much i figured it wasn't good!!
Posts: 266 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Man, I know! That damn Brett! He needs to get his act together.... come on, now! He beat his OWN record and threw 3 INTERCEPTIONS from his average 1 per game! Can you believe this crap!?! Eh.... that's ok. It's just one game... I guess.... plus the fact that that was ATLANTA! Grr... Anyway...

OMG! Star2be- do you know how to play Euchre?! Don't act why, I have this big fat obsession with the game! My Mom's from Waunakee (been there?) and since I learned how to play Euchre, that's all I think about.. ok maybe not... but oh well. I rarely get to play it, though, because we onyl know a few notherners. Our neighbors from Michigan/Ohio, and the family that I have down here in TEX. All the rest is in WISC.

Sooo anyway, since we're off this week I 'spose it's gonna be pretty boring. I've been pretty bored today. Just surfing http://www.pacsun.com/n/ and watching t.v. and posting/replying on Scarleteen... not very active, but oh well. The highlite of the day, once again, was taking a shower. Hehe, just joshin'. Anyway.. I think I'm gonna go on Relationships and surf old threads. Later! -Deanna <-- look I posted my name!!

------------------
Don't Mess with Texas

-Brooks and Dunn

Annie Juliet
Neophyte
Member # 5776

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Annie Juliet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow! you live in Houston!?!?!? so, do I! I live in southeast houston, how about you? i'm not a big football fan although now I do actually understand the game. And, Hey bruindan, don't mess with the Astros they did really good this season! I'll admit that in previous seasons they may have left something to be desired, to say the least, but now...they're actually good. Anyway I just saw this thread otherwise i would have posted earlier but i totally agree with the humitity comment, it sucks! And, that's an understatement. Oh one more thing if i were you than i would try to avoid coming into contact with galveston water at all costs...maybe i'm just being biast because i have a thing against brownish-greenish water that if you stuck your hands less than a quarter of an inch below the surface of the water, you can't see them anymore....but, i would avoid galveston water if i were you....
well, enough griping from me for now... have a Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

Posts: 20 | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BruinDan
Activist
Member # 3072

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BruinDan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Annie Juliet:
And, Hey bruindan, don't mess with the Astros they did really good this season! I'll admit that in previous seasons they may have left something to be desired, to say the least, but now...they're actually good.

Okay, okay...if you insist. My Dodgers are hopeless anyway. Every year I start the season by swearing it'll be the year they win the pennant, and every year I end the season up swearing that I'm going to give up on them for good.

------------------

BruinDan's Blog!
ICQ# 3953848

Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Annie Juliet- That's pretty cool that you live in Houston! It's such a big city, I bet a lot of Scarleteeners live here. Yeah, when I went down to Hawaii back in '97 my Dad did a little surfing, and if I want to learn how, I think I'd rather go there than Galveston! Actually, California'd be nice. The humidity does suck, and yes, that is an under-statement! HAve you been to Enron Field? That place rocks my poptarts! ^_^

BruinDan- do you surf? And can you believe that Brett Favre threw 3 INTERCEPTIONS on Sunday? If that makes you as mad as me... grr.... Wait... are you even a football fan?

Let's see- what have I accomplished is the past few days?

Yesterday- NOTHING!
Today.... any minute now... my Mom's gonna pick me up to go to work with her. Anything is better than being at home having to log on the internet or watch t.v. or eat just to be entertained. Oh yeah...

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! What am I grateful for? Hm...

I am grateful for my family, friends, that I have a roof to live under, and especially Scarleteen!

What are y'all grateful for? Peace out, guys...

------------------
Don't Mess with Texas

volleyball: my anti-drug
what's your anti-drug?

-Brooks and Dunn

Star2be17
Activist
Member # 4769

EH...i don't think i've ever heard of Euchre!! Well shut me up and call me dolly..hmm i don't know where that came from. doesn't matter! how bout you enlighten us on what euchre is!

------------------

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. --Chris Slater

Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

YES! The Pack won! I have to admit, I was a little hesitant there near the end, but they pulled it off!!! Man... that Ahman Green sure can run, huh? Hehe.. I am soo ecstatic! I am so glad they won. That would've been incredibly embarassing if they would have lost against an 0-8 team... or wait... 0-9. I thinkthat everyone just comes to Lambeau Field thinkin "We gotta beat Brett! He's had mvp 3 years in a row, and we have to show him that we're better." Well HA to all you Cowboy, Lion, and ESPECIALLY Viking fans! Brett is the best qb in the whole wide world, and he always will be! So naa! *makes face*

Star2be- Euchre is a card game that appears more commonly in the north (Wisconsin, Minnesota, Michigan). You can play it in Yahoo! games (games.yahoo.com), but I will admit it takes patience to learn. You only play with 9s, 10s, jacks, queens, kings, and aces.
It does take a while to learn and you have to be willingly to learn it, but once ya play it's the funnest most coolest (most coolest?) card game ever!

Let's see.... for Thanksgiving... I...

~at 7:50 I woke up. (eeeearly)
~at about 10 we left for my grandma's house
~at like 12 we left for my aunt and uncle's house, but had to backtrack all the way home because my sister wanted a freakin pair of socks...
~arrival! so we walked in, sat down in her huge house and then she said we could eat so I ran to the kitchen and got like 2 slices of turkey with gravy, green bean
casserole, 2 cressant rolls (YUM!!!!) mashed potatoes with gravy... it was DEEEEEEEEEEEEELISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (why do you care!?! lol) very, very, very good. hehe anyway..
~so then, we finished watching the packers kick the lions behinds, and i kept trying to get everyone to bump the volleyball. I
think everyone was getting sick of me whining so I
kept asking my sis to go upstairs and play pool!! finally, she did.
~so we played 2 games.. and I won both!muahaha
~so my sister and dad were leaving (we took 2 cars, my mom didn't go to my grandma's- she doesn't like her, lol)
~as they were leaving my uncle bumped the ball with me and my cousin came outside and bumped it too.
~then my uncle got it stuck in a very very high tree *haha*, and not even the 500 pound neighbor could get it out (ok, exaggeration) but he even through heavy basketballs up
about 30 feet and hit the ball but it was stuck on a limb. so i went inside.. came back out, and he got a football then got it down.
~I went inside again
~we started playing euchre! yay!
~we played 2 games, then at 6:45 we left (we had to finish watching an episode of friends! lol) because my mom had to work the next today (today).

Soo... yup that was my Thanksgiving. Kinda fun. Kinda boring. Ehhh

Tomorrow we were planning on going to the Galleria (a big fat mall in Houston), but it'll be incredibly crowded, so we scratched that. I guess this weekend should be about as boring as this week. Later

------------------
happy holidays!!

Don't Mess with Texas

volleyball: my anti-drug
what's your anti-drug?

-Brooks and Dunn

Star2be17
Activist
Member # 4769

Heyyyyyyy
I like the Cowboys!
*Cowers behind something heavy* "Don't hurt me!"

------------------

Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Heh... you poor thing, Star2be! Listen to this- pretty funny, I may add:

This guy parks in a parking lot and leaves two Cowboy tickets on his dashboard. He comes back to his car and his window has been broken into, with two more Cowboy tickets!!!

Muahahahaha *laughing*. Now wasn't that funny?! Yes! Plus is was supposedly a true story, which makes it even funnier! Muahaha!

------------------
happy holidays!!

Don't Mess with Texas

-Brooks and Dunn

Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Daydreamer24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yayyyy! I got a blog!!!! Go see it you silly people!! http://www.greenjay.blogspot.com and ya may hafta refresh it. YAYYY! I'm soo excited!! Please go see it! It would mean the world to me if I could have lots more numbers on my counter!!!

From now on I'll just post on my bloggeroo. Not on here, on there. Soo what are you waiting for?! Go visit now!

------------------
Brand-spanking new greenjay blog- URL just released Nov. 25!!

happy holidays!!

Don't Mess with Texas

-Brooks and Dunn

Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Daydreamer24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Holy gravy,

Something is terribly wrong with my blog!! If you're on blogger.com with blogspot.com, please go to http://greenjay.blogspot.com (refreshing may be necessary). Do you see any images on that page at all? If you don't, will ya tell me how I can make them show up? I don't think you can upload images on blogger.com, and I can't offsite link on envy.nu. PLEASE HELP. I am desperate. I have been working at this since November 24. I am in dire (sp?) need.

------------------
gotta fix the blog... something's screwed up. if anyone will give me a blogger.com graphics tutorial, i'll take it!

happy holidays!!

Don't Mess with Texas

-Brooks and Dunn

Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
gal, are you in the process of learning html? like is it something you aren't completely familiar with?

it appears to me that you actually need to **UPLOAD** your images to blogger (or whever else they allow you enough webspace to store pictures).
http://www.htmlgoodies.com has some tutorials which will teach you how ot put up a webpage.

------------------
I bust my arse so that I can get somewhere in life, so why am I not there yet?

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BruinDan
Activist
Member # 3072

Icon 4 posted      Profile for BruinDan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And hello again Daydreamer darling...

Just a friendly reminder from your friendly neighborhood Advo that we're in a bit of a bandwidth crisis at the moment. So pleeaasseee make sure that you don't post "test" messages, or messages that are solely for the purpose of testing your signature. Okey dokey? We have a great site here, but it is completely funded by MizScarlet, who pours every spare cent into a site that can't afford to have "test" posts put up. I'll have to delete the test messages that you put up the other day, but now that you know what a crunch we're in, I'm sure you'll help us out in the future. Thanks bunches and we'll be seein' ya!

------------------

BruinDan's Blog!
ICQ# 3953848

Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Gumdrop- I know HTML, for the most part. But I don't think that on blogger.com or blogspot.com you can upload images, tell me if I'm wrong. That's my problem, I have this graphic, and I can't put it on my blog because I have no where to upload it. So... I don't know what to do. ...help?

------------------
PLEASE go to Village People and go to my thread. Read Nov.29's post. help!

happy holidays!!

Don't Mess with Texas

-Brooks and Dunn

Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Blahdy, blahdy, blah.

School today. I feel like such a.... failure. No, really. At the beginning of the year I tried SO hard to make all As and Bs, and I came pretty darn close (74 in english... whoops). This year I don't even know what's going to happen. I'm trying to make myself focus more, but everywhere I turn I leave my homework at school and something happens. I've been unbelivably busy lately, and everything seems to fall on Thursdays, when I have art. I like art. I love art. Blah. I am so confused. I feel like I've let my parents down. I feel like my teachers hate me. Ugh.

------------------
Help me out, will ya?

happy holidays!!

Don't Mess with Texas

-Brooks and Dunn

Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

My Mom and I had a good heart-to-heart talk last night. I told her that I felt like I let her down, and everything is just about perfect now. I've been wondering if anyone even reads this thread anymore....?

I've been incredibly emotional lately. Probably just because it's that time of the month. Let's see... I think I'm getting an electric shaver for Christmas. I've wanted one for an awful long while now. Doo doo doo.. I'm so happy tomorrow's finally Friday! Yay! I'm staying at my Grandpa's apartment (grandparents are divorced) tomorrow night because my parents are going to a Christmas dance, and another party Saturday... I think Saturday... it's kinda funny because my parents aren't really the partying kinda people, heh. I have art tonight. Yup so. I really don't care what my guestbook looks like anymore, but if anyone will sign the guestbook besides Beth (BJadeT, thanks Bethany!) I'd be more than happy!! Ok, so, talk to ya later, gators....

-Deanna

------------------
Help me out, will ya?

happy holidays!!

Don't Mess with Texas

-Brooks and Dunn

BruinDan
Activist
Member # 3072

Icon 4 posted      Profile for BruinDan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Daydreamer24:
Let's see... I think I'm getting an electric shaver for Christmas...

LOL Just be sure you aren't using that puppy in the shower...you'll get some shocking results!

------------------

BruinDan's Blog!
ICQ# 3953848

Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Daydreamer24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BruinDan- Ha, yeah. The one my Mom has is wet/dry, but I would definitely use it dry anyway.

Today.... today today.. I'm staying at my Grandpa's tonight. I have a world georgraphy project this weekend. I have to make a travel brochure on Sweden, and an algebra project that I have to double, half, and calculate for 150 people. Yup...

I opened my blog back up.. kinda... I figured out the graphic thing, but it still won't work. I don't even know what I'm doing wrong. Oh well. It's right here: http://www.greenjay.blogspot.com (might have to refresh) Later!

------------------
Help me out, will ya?

happy holidays!!

Don't Mess with Texas

-Brooks and Dunn

Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Maybe it's me, but I'm noticing a lot of repetitive questions around the boards. It's probably been like that for years now, but as the days go by I'm seeing more and more posts just like the previous ones. "If I had sex in my boyfriend's car and he used protection but the condom was like a year old am I pregnant?" or just plain "Am I pregnant?" are really being asked a lot. There is such thing as a sex readiness check list here at Scarleteen. I probably do it myself, and I'm planning on using the search engine a lot more, but people- take a look around before ya post a new topic! There's probably one right under your nose. I do understand that it's just not as fun to use the search engine, and that it is fun to post new topics and have lots of people debating over a certain topic because of your post... okay, sorry. Maybe it's just me again, hehe. Anyway, just something that's been on my mind for... the past couple of.... minutes

Later! Oh, and I'm gonna type up a big, fat post on my blog [ http://www.greenjay.blogspot.com ] so if ya wanna see it, just click that link. Much love! -D

------------------
Help me out, will ya?

happy holidays!!

Don't Mess with Texas

-Brooks and Dunn

BruinDan
Activist
Member # 3072

Icon 3 posted      Profile for BruinDan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yup, I think we've all been guilty of posting some repetitive questions every now and then. Some folks who find ST are not familiar with the presentation of our boards, and it is easier for them to just post a question than it would be to search through the site to find articles and prior threads that could help them.

So yes, that has always been a problem here, and most likely will continue to be. But the articles are the best asset that we have, as they are all written by "folks in the know." The collective experience level of all the people here at ST is astounding, and I think that is what keeps this site consistently new and exciting and helpful even as it ages. It is difficult to put a number on how many people have sought and received help here, or how many people had questions that were answered by way of the articles...but I'll bet that a lot of people have been able to find the sorts of information that they needed to help themselves out.

But you're right, repetitive questions can tend to slow things down here, as common questions gum up the works and take time away from new ones on occasion. That is your friendly neighborhood Advocates politely suggest that repetitive-question-askers start out by using our awesome Search function or checking out some way-cool articles first. And the fact that you plan on using it more often is terrific too!

------------------

BruinDan's Blog!
ICQ# 3953848

Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Daydreamer24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the pat on the back BruinDan, I think that's what I needed.

Today I did nothing. But I'm sure ya kinda caught on to that since every Sunday my Mom watches football all day

Nothing really to post, you can just go read my blog. I was bored all day :P http://greenjay.blogspot.com

------------------
Help me out, will ya?

happy holidays!!

Don't Mess with Texas

-Brooks and Dunn

Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

awful day. TOTALLY awful.

maybe it wasn't that bad, but still- it was awful!!!!

my sister's boyfriend knows that i like this senior at my school (freshman, right here!). so he told my sister he was going to tell him to talk to me. bad mistake. real bad. well, at lunch i saw my crush (ah...) and i found my sister's boyfriend a few feet away and pointed at him, not meaning to trigger him to tell the guy to talk to me. yup, you guessed it- he did. so my crush walked right over to me and said "hi, i'm _____!" greeeeat... "what's your name?" he said. well at the time i had a chicken sandwich inmy mouth, so i wasn't really wanting to reply. just hoping he'd go away. so my friend replies "_____" (my name). (thanks to my friend, btw ) so he left about half a minute later after we talked just a wee bit, and now i'm a bit peeved at my sister's boyfriend. i've already posted back to my original post in relatonships asking what to do, but in case anyone will just reply here i'll ask... i want to say hi to him in the hall when i see him tomorrow, but since i didn't talk much i don't want to seem desparate for friendship. if he says fine to me, of course i'll say hey, but i don't want to seem like a dumb freshman. ahh! help!!!

------------------
be you, do what you do -garth brooks :)

happy holidays!!

Don't Mess with Texas

-Brooks and Dunn

Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Hey. Yesterday wasn't bad at all! Just thought I'd clear that up for ya. Hehe.

I don't really want to get into it, because I've explained it too many times . But.... ok day. Actually, near the end it sucked. A few of my friends keep making fun of me and cracking jokes because I like him. Err. So I went home, cried because I've been depressed since the end of 8th p. I feel much better now.

------------------
greenjay, baby!

happy holidays!!

Don't Mess with Texas

-Brooks and Dunn

keoki_14
Activist
Member # 1312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for keoki_14     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah... The wonderful world of crushes... I know what you're going through. I've got a crush on this guy but he doesn't like me anymore than a friend. It always seems to be that way. *sigh* It sure is a pain. Why can't anyone like me within a 100 mile radius?

Anyway... Don't worry about acting like a dumb freshman. You know what? All freshmen are dumb!!! HAHA!

Heh, sorry. I hope you don't take offense to that. I'm truly sorry if you do, but you seem to have a good sense of hummor.

But don't worry, I'm a dumb sophomore!

------------------
Useless Crap

"This **** ain't over until the last record spins." Groove

Posts: 620 | From: Columbia, MD, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Gee, thanks keoki I feel truly honored

Yeah, well. I made another STUPID mistake. My sister's boyfriend (gosh, since I talk about him so much why don't we just name him?) is BEST friends with this guy, who also happens to be my best friends crush (how weird!). Anyway, he's also friends with MY crush! ah!! so I made a dumb mistake by going outside and saying "hey ____" (my sister's bf) "guess what tomorrow is?!" (referring to my crush having our lunch) "an A day (block scheduling)... you want me to tell _______?" (my crush) "no no no no no!" I reply. His friend-"you like ______ ________?! he's a (stupid word slang for gay)!" "no he's not." I say. So now, this guy is gonna tell him, and I'm going to be soo embarassed. -_-

------------------
"Never take back your emotions. It's what you were feeling at that moment." -Leelee Sobieski

greenjay blog

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.