Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » MEMBER-ONLY FORUMS » Village People » BJadeT (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: BJadeT
BJadeT
Activist
Member # 2057

Icon 12 posted      Profile for BJadeT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, a thread all of my own, eh? I doubt anyone else will read it, but I seem to be feeling the need to write stuff down at the moment, and I can't think of anywhere better to do it than here.
I don't really know what I'll write about, since I tend to have a monotonous yet still stressful and depressing life. But don't we all. I will try not to wallow in self pity, sorry, I just feel ill and confused right now.
I've been at Scarleteen for quite a long time now, on and off. I really really love the site and the people on it, though sometimes I'm not very good at showing it. I can be very stuborn and awkward, in fact i think Scarleteen is the only thing which has ever had any success in changing my attitudes!
I am 16. I am female. I am from a wonderful part of the world (!) called Manchester, in sunny England. I am single, have never had a real relationship, and I am unhappy about it. Sometimes it doesn't bother me that much, but it's hard to think that anyone will ever find you attractive when no one has before. ooops, sorry, I said I wouldn't wallow in self pity. It's easier said than done!
I love my animals (4 hamsters, a big fat cat called Monty, a snake called Bertha and numerous and ever changing goldfish and carp). I suppose I love my family although we (especially my mum and me) argue a lot. It's difficult because because my parents are devoutly religious (Jehovah's Witnesses) and I don't want to be, and, understandably I guess, they find that hard to deal with. That causes a lot of tension.
I like reading (classics mainly), writing (rubbish mainly), walking up big hills in the middle of nowhere, climbing up big rocks in the middle of nowhere, travelling anywhere different, preferably without my parents and with all my wordly posessions in a rucksack (yes, backpacking-I am so proud of the fact that this summer at the grand old age of 16 I went backpacking and camping in France with a friend who spoke no French at all and had never really travelled and managed not to die!) making crazy wierd pretty stuff for my bedroom and writing nasty letters to heads of state and bosses of exploitative businesses. Well, more reasonable than nasty. I do work for Amnesty International, Oxfam, Greenpeace and some other human rights charities. It makes me feel vaguely useful.
I also like sleeping and eating and watching daytime telly and going on the internet to read fights on message boards inferior to this one!
I am in a state of flux and confusion right now, on many levels. I left school in June, got 5 A*s and 4 As in my GCSEs, which was nice, started college doing A-levels, don't like it at all and am now considering the options. I think I would like to be an aid worker in the future, especially with everything that's going on at the moment. I just want to do something worthwhile, something that makes people's lives better in a significant way. I would love to be with one of the aid missions to Afghanistan at the moment, but I will be doing the best I can as a 16 year old girl and giving them money.
Erm, I think I've gone on for way too long now so i will shut up and probably go to bed although it's only 11.30AM since I feel so ill and manky. Damn-there I go wallowing in self pity again!

Posts: 394 | From: Manchester, Lancashire, England | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*B*
Activist
Member # 4876

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *B*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
heya
don't be so sure that no one will read this- i'm sure a lot of people will
Despite you saying that you wallow in self-pity a lot, the way you speak about yourself makes me wonder why. You sound so interesting! And a genuinely nice person, judging by all the charities you volunteer for
Good luck with your thread- i'll keep on reading if you keep writing.

Posts: 110 | From: australia | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sallynha
Activist
Member # 312

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Sallynha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with *B*, you sound like a great person, and you shouldn't underestimate yourself I suppose you're just going through a hard phase in your life, having to make decisions and dealing with your parents, etc, but if you think most of us have to go through some of that at a time in our lives and it just helps you grow more as a person, you won't feel so alone. Just think everything happens for a reason, and maybe having too many things happening at once is just a sign to tell you to stop for a bit and think about your life, what you want, etc.

As for the fact that you were never in a real relationship, you need not worry, sometimes it's better wait and have a great experience than just jumping from relationship to relationship and never be completely happy. Your time will come, and with such a lovely girl like you it might not be so far

And you know, of course, whenever you need help, someone to talk, whatever, you've always got Scarleteen And feel free to icq me if you need and want to, I'm always glad to help

------------------
~Sallynha
The Beautiful Smile Hides The Troubled Soul

ICQ# 123898306

Posts: 390 | From: * my own little shell * | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BJadeT
Activist
Member # 2057

Icon 7 posted      Profile for BJadeT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is so nice! Thank you sallyanha and B-you've really cheered me up!
I feel even more ill today, which is worrying, and I'm going to the doctors as soon as I can (which wont be for ages cos my mum cant get time off work and there's no pulic transport to the surgery). It's weird, I feel like I've been severley beaten all over and get really tired just walking downstairs. I am quite worried because when I was 13 I ended up having nearly a year off school with post viral syndrome and it feels eactly like that. But I guess I shouldn't jump to conclusions (although my mum already is doing and is totally frantic-bless her!)
So I've been doing what I always do when I don't feel well-getting my duvet, curling up in front of the computer and playing the Sims/Sim City 3000 and reading Scarleteen for unhealthy periods of time! My mum asked me to do the vacuming for her but I honestly don't think I could pick up the vacuum cleaner right now.
Last night I got loads of lovely text messages (SMS) from people from college asking how I was. That cheered me up, because I thought I hadn't made any friends at all at college, but it seems I was wrong. Mind you, they don't know me that well-that could be why they still like me! All my new friends are lads, which suits me fine, because I don't get on with girls very well at all (sorry, mascara conversations just don't do it for me!). I've said that Idon't like college at all, which is true overall, but free lessons are so good. I go to the park next door with my friend James and we play on the swings and in the paddling pool-I am 5 years old, I swear! I would miss that if I left, I'm missing it now, just being off ill.
The only prolem with my new friends is that about three of them have already kind of told me that they 'like' me (in a more than platonic way). I suppose it sounds really stupid/fussy/arrogant of me to complain about that when I've already complained about not having a boyfriend, but since I don't find them attractive at all, I can't make myself like them back, and I'd rather have a good friendship without the tension/awkwardness. I hope that makes sense. The only people who've ever fancied me are people who know me, as a friend, and unfortunately I've never liked any of them back. Oh well, it's not a big problem really, just a minor irritation.
One more minor irritation before i go and fall asleep and make even less sense than I do already. In 2003, there's a college epedition for a month to Kenya. You go trekking, climb Mount Kenya, meet the Masai and carry out an ecological or pastoral project for the area. I would have killed to go on that-it's exactly what I want to spend my life doing-travelling and charity work. But my dearest darling mother refused to even go to the meeting about it. Which is just so unfair. She never seems to want me to do anything, it's like her ambition for me is to stay at home and rot. Yes, it may be impractical in the end, if I'm ill for ages or if I choose to leave college, ut to refuse to even go to the preliminary meeting, that's just mean isn't it?
Anyway, this is so incoherent I am very sorry it's just written under the influence of intense tiredness, miserableness and painkillers. Thank you very much if you have read it, and thanks again to the lovely people who replied to me.
Now I will go and get my pasta bake out of the oven. Hooray.
Luv Beth

Posts: 394 | From: Manchester, Lancashire, England | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BJadeT
Activist
Member # 2057

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BJadeT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmm...well I just got myself a diary at www.opendiary.com. Hey, I've got nothing better to do all day than write random junk for random strangers to read!
So I've tried to put the link to it in my signature, but I don't know if it will work, so this is kind of just testing.

BJadeT
Activist
Member # 2057

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BJadeT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm trying to test my signature with a brand spanking new link to my brand spanking new diary...

------------------
You wanna save humanity, it's just the people you can't stand-John Lennon

http://www.opendiary.com/entrylist.asp?authorcode=A567173

BJadeT
Activist
Member # 2057

Right, come on now, pleeeeese work

------------------

Manky Confuddledness

BJadeT
Activist
Member # 2057

Wow! I am so pleased! Now all you lovely scarleteeners can read my not very interesting diary and I can look like I know how to do links!
BJadeT
Activist
Member # 2057

Yukk. I feel particularly awful today. Aching all over and feeling like I have been severely beaten. And I am soooooo bored. I've seen no one but the doctor and the hospital people who took my blood for the last week and a half. I miss my mates and feel lonely and ill. Never mind-there are aout 5 billion people in the world far worse off than me so, by rights, I should shut up and get on with it.

------------------
Witness the infinite justice of the new century. Civiliansstarving to death whilst waiting to be killed.

Manky Confuddledness

glitter695
Activist
Member # 1515

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glitter695     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I hope that you feel betters. I know I feel like crap to, I got a cold a couple of days ago. Not the worse cold in the world, but its still a cold.

I hope that its not like last year. I got Mono, and I was sick every other day because of it. It was the worst year for colds ever, because my immune system was so bad!

Anyway~I really hope you feel better. Try and give your friends a call to hear a voice, it will make you feel betters!

------------------
*~*~12/3/99*~*
*~*~*~I LOVE YOU BOB FOREVER AND ALWAYS*~*~*~

"Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer, but wish we didn't" -Erica Jong<~~~no thats not me :)

*~*Scarleteen Advocate*~*

Posts: 1978 | From: NY:) | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BruinDan
Activist
Member # 3072

Icon 3 posted      Profile for BruinDan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sheesh Bethy, take care of yourself! Being sick is lousy...I had the flu a few weeks back and I am still coughing like a madman. Plus, I don't get sick very often, so when I do I become a great big baby. I just wrap myself up in sheets, make a little fort out of my bed and sit there pouting. Kind of fun to regress into my five-year-old self, but not worth it in the long run. Feel better soon, my dear...

------------------
"Task Force 46, Light Force 34, Engine and Rescue 66, Battalion 3, Division 2; respond into the Greater Alarm Structure Fire at San Pedro and Jefferson. Reported to be a fire at the First Alert fire extinguisher factory..."

BruinDan's Blog!
ICQ# 3953848

Posts: 2727 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BJadeT
Activist
Member # 2057

Aww thanks glitter and dan! There's nothing nicer than getting kind notes from people who have nothing to gain from it and it cheers me up no end. Still feel lousy though, which is bad, and probably not helped by the fact that I've just spent all afternoon looking after an energetic 5 year old boy. Wow-I never knew how tiring kids could be! I'd always thought they just played quietly whilst you put your feet up (and therefore that housewives and mothers and had it easy) but that is soooooo not true! Well at least that's put me straight.
My brother's gone off to watch the rugby superleague finals at Old Trafford and I wanted to go but I wasn't even invited. I feel too ill to go anyway but they never invite me, just because I'm a girl. . I did get to go to the rugby league world cup finals in November, but only because I begged and begged, and even then everyone was really patronising to me. Not fair grumble grumble sexist grumble grrr.
OK, I feel really awful now so am gonna go beddy byes (I regress to my five year old self as well dan!)

BJadeT
Activist
Member # 2057

Icon 8 posted      Profile for BJadeT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmm..I haven't been here in ages because my brother has been oterng around the house pretending to be ill and my family wouldn't take kndy to my visiting a sex (gasps of horror and disgust) educaton website.
I still feel really ill, even worse than last week, and I'm bored out of my head. And heartbroken because out of the two people in the whole word who I really, really fancy and am close to one is moving to london on Monday and the other has just got engaged. So that is making me miserable.

Also I keep cryng whenever I watch the news because of the reports from Afghanistan. There was one last night about a family who had lost 22 members in the American attacks. She was just sittng there crying saying 'I've lost my children' over and over again and I felt like someone had stuck a knife in me. The kids were lying on the floor bleeding, babies even. it was awful. There is NO JUSTIFICATION for that ever. About 7 million people are gong to starve this winter, if not to death then to unbeevable levels of sufferng, whilst we sit back in comfortable homes saying 'well you've got to do something, can't let them take away our freedom'. What about their freedom? They are STARVING TO DEATH.

I hope this doesn't offend anyone, because it's not supposed to be a poitical argument, it's just how I feel when i watch the news, and it is getting me down in a big way. I just feel so powerless. I wrote to Tony Blair asking him to reconsder at least a pause in the bombing to get aid in, because Ofam have organsed a huge letter wrting campaign for that. But I can't do anything and it hurts me and makes me angry.

Anyway, on a lighter note, I got 2 guinea pigs yesterday. We took the cat to the vets and the vets wife was gong to have them put down because her chldren had bred them (not given birth to them obiviously) and they couldn't find homes for them so I persuaded my mum to let me have them. They are lovely, but very nervous, poor things. I have called them Zaphod and Marvin (any Hitch hikers gude to the Galaxy fans out there?!) and I feel all nice cos I saved their lives.
Okie dokie I am gonna go now and be angry at the world.

BJadeT
Activist
Member # 2057

Icon 8 posted      Profile for BJadeT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmm..I haven't been here in ages because my brother has been oterng around the house pretending to be ill and my family wouldn't take kndy to my visiting a sex (gasps of horror and disgust) educaton website.
I still feel really ill, even worse than last week, and I'm bored out of my head. And heartbroken because out of the two people in the whole word who I really, really fancy and am close to one is moving to london on Monday and the other has just got engaged. So that is making me miserable.

Also I keep cryng whenever I watch the news because of the reports from Afghanistan. There was one last night about a family who had lost 22 members in the American attacks. She was just sittng there crying saying 'I've lost my children' over and over again and I felt like someone had stuck a knife in me. The kids were lying on the floor bleeding, babies even. it was awful. There is NO JUSTIFICATION for that ever. About 7 million people are gong to starve this winter, if not to death then to unbeevable levels of sufferng, whilst we sit back in comfortable homes saying 'well you've got to do something, can't let them take away our freedom'. What about their freedom? They are STARVING TO DEATH.

I hope this doesn't offend anyone, because it's not supposed to be a poitical argument, it's just how I feel when i watch the news, and it is getting me down in a big way. I just feel so powerless. I wrote to Tony Blair asking him to reconsder at least a pause in the bombing to get aid in, because Ofam have organsed a huge letter wrting campaign for that. But I can't do anything and it hurts me and makes me angry.

Anyway, on a lighter note, I got 2 guinea pigs yesterday. We took the cat to the vets and the vets wife was gong to have them put down because her chldren had bred them (not given birth to them obiviously) and they couldn't find homes for them so I persuaded my mum to let me have them. They are lovely, but very nervous, poor things. I have called them Zaphod and Marvin (any Hitch hikers gude to the Galaxy fans out there?!) and I feel all nice cos I saved their lives.
Okie dokie I am gonna go now and be angry at the world.

------------------

Witness the infinite justice of the new century. Civilians starving to death whilst waiting to be killed.

Manky Confuddledness

ThisGuy
Activist
Member # 968

Icon 6 posted      Profile for ThisGuy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've got a brain the size of a planet and you think I'm not a fan?

I agree with you though - this war isn't about justice. If they wanted justice, they'd help the starving, and free the oppressed. This war is about revenge and getting a false notion of security - regardless of any propaganda "food drops".

------------------
Rap music: keeping the black man down since 1991

Posts: 915 | From: Australia | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BJadeT
Activist
Member # 2057

I am so mean to this thread. I never post here. probably because I've now got my handy dandy online diary, but I never post there either so never mind.
A large part of the reason I never post is because I never have anything to post-because I never do anything.
I'm so bored I feel like I'm rotting away. And I'm so fed up with this damn country and its weather and just the greyness of everything. I have a plan to get away. One day I'll do it I swear.
Mmm I can smell something yummy cooking in the kitchen but I don't know what it is. Probably meat-sod's law.
I feel so ill today this is getting a bit repetitive. I'm fed up.
Bye bye.

------------------

Witness the infinite justice of the new century. Civilians starving to death whilst waiting to be killed.

Manky Confuddledness

Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh I know what you mean sweeto. I've been feeling horribly claustraphobic where I am as well. And I cannot wait to get away to further my studies.

Your time will come as well.

In the meantime, you take good care of yourself gal and just wanted to drop a note telling you how lovely it has been having you around on the boards. *huggles*

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BJadeT
Activist
Member # 2057

Thanks Lin!
Scarleteen is making me feel all warm and fuzzy inside at the moment, and that means a lot to me. I often feel that I don't have much to contribute, because I've never had sex, never been in a proper relationship etc. But I love being here, and I love learning from all the incredibly knowledgable and diverse people that post here.
Long live Scarleteen and all its members!
Hee hee

BJadeT
Activist
Member # 2057

Well, I've decided to admit something to myself that is very important, I guess. You can read about it in my diary (Manky Confuddledness), if you're really interested. The entry is called Admitting something, I think.
I am stressed out because I got a load of work sent home from college and I appear to have lost it somewhere in this house which is bad because when something disappears in here, it's gone forever. And if I lose that then no one is gonna be too pleased.
I'm watching Cheers and the bar burns down its quite sad really.
I'd better go now I am spending an unhealthy amount of time on the net at the moment.

------------------

Manky Confuddledness

BJadeT
Activist
Member # 2057

Ooops-I'm letting this thread slip down the page again. Can't have that.
So, I don't think anyone read my big confession. Ah well, it's still there if you're interested. I just really, really want people around here to hear it, but I don't want to start a seperate thread or anything. Hmmm.
I've spent about 2 hours on here today just reading random posts and articles. Found some of my early posts how embarassing. I will never be as eloquent as everyone else here, I'm always in too much of a rush and not thinking coherently. And that's spelt wrong I'm sure, but I can't think straight.
If I can get round to it i'd like to try writing an article. It won't be any good but I may as well have a go. It will at least be another distraction from doing some work.
Anyway, I'll get back to doing random searches.
Bye bye love Beth (that's my name you know-how exciting!)

------------------

Manky Confuddledness

BruinDan
Activist
Member # 3072

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BruinDan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by BJadeT:
...And that's spelt wrong I'm sure, but I can't think straight...

Actually dear Bethy, your spelling is pretty impeccable for the most part! And it is greatly appreciated by all of us...since we all come from different countries and backgrounds, it can be hard for us to understand some of the posts we come into contact with here...so we all greatly appreciate those who take the time to attempt to spell words right. Now, obviously some people have a harder time than others (due to learning disabilities etc), but just making an attempt is worth a high-five in my book!

------------------
"Task Force 46, Light Force 34, Engine and Rescue 66, Battalion 3, Division 2; respond into the Greater Alarm Structure Fire at San Pedro and Jefferson. Reported to be a fire at the First Alert fire extinguisher factory..."

BruinDan's Blog!
ICQ# 3953848

Posts: 2727 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BJadeT
Activist
Member # 2057

Well thank you Dan, for your kind spelling compliment. And yes, we do all come from different countries and backgrounds-some of us from such far away and exotic places as England! Anyway, one of the resons that I like Scarleteen so much is that it's free of the silly spelling and cApiTaliZAtion that drives me mad on boards like chickclick.

Hmm, I have just eaten a carrot smothered in houmous, which was scrummy, and now I'm eating a frozen (well it's not frozen any more I put it in the oven) Cheese + onion potato bake from Tesos. I figure that if I eat something healthy and natural first, it gives me the right to eat something out of a packet.

I am trying to build a website but I know no html. I am also trying to make a decent diary at diaryland (blog won't let me set one up) and it's too complicated. Life is hard. Html is hard. It's all too hard. If I can't make my diary good I will go back to OpenDiary because people leave me nice little notes there.

This potato bake is nice. Very nice. Bit sickly, but nice.

I'm going to go now because Neighbours has finished and I really should do some work. I plan my day around daytime television. Oh dear.

BJadeT
Activist
Member # 2057

I've done it! I got a Blog! I'm so happy becaus it's altogether nicer and shinier than all the other web diaries, even though I don't fully understand and will have to use a templete, exposing my ignorance of all things internet. But I am so happy!

Needless to say, I did not turn off the computer and do some work like I should have done 2 hours ago. Ah well.

BJadeT
Activist
Member # 2057

I like my blog . I am addicted to my blog already.
Please read my blog. Please sign my guestbook. I will love you forever and ever and ever if you read my blog and sign my guestbook. Please do it. Pleeeese. It has the same name as my other diary, and the link is in my signature. And here. Please go and read it.
I am sad because George Harrison has died and if there's one thing the world does not need it's less Beatles. Well, there's a lot of other things, but that's one of them. It's very sad.

------------------

Manky Confuddledness

Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daydreamer24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*prays for George* George Harrison. The quiet Beatle. Sad. Very, very sad.

I got a blog, too! Only I edited a templeate on blogger big time, and I just don't know what to do about the graphics! They won't show up, and I can't upload them. I've "advertised" everywhere, and no one seems to help or even try. Bleh. Congrats!

Edited beacause I had to tell BJade that.. I LOVE YOUR NAME! It's so pretty!

[This message has been edited by Daydreamer24 (edited 11-30-2001).]

Posts: 1619 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi BJadeT,

is the eMail address in your profile still up to date? Heather tried to get hold of you via eMail, but you haven't replied yet. Could you drop her a line at hcorinna@aol.com ?

That'd be excellent.

------------------
Caro
~Scarleteen Sexpert~

"Through repetition the magic will be forced to rise."
Alchemical Precept

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BJadeT
Activist
Member # 2057

Done it Alaska! Sorry about that, it's a secondary e-mail account that my parents can't get hold of, and I don't check it as often as I should.

Feel pretty awful today, since I woke up at 6.30 having an asthma attack. Fun. I got back to sleep, but now half the day has gone and all I have done is read and post at Scarleteen (not that there's anything wrong with that of course!). However, I was hugely cheered up this morning, both by my e-mail, and by my bank statement, which arrived in the post and showed that Oldham Council have given me £70 in back payment of my EMA. EMA is a wonderful, wonderful invention where the council pays me to continue in education (on a sliding scale-you can get up to £40 a week depending on how much your family earns.) Normally, all my EMA would go on bus money to get to college, but because I've been off ill, I keep it all! Being ill is actually turning out ot be quite profitable...

So, I feel like going on a spending spree now. Any suggestions?

------------------

Manky Confuddledness-My new, improved Blog.

BJadeT
Activist
Member # 2057

Wow-I've just realised it's almost exactly a year since I came to Scarleteen. Ah, what an innocent, ignorant little fifteen year old I was then. Hated my body, never been kissed, severely stroppy, occasionally suicidal, slightly homophobic, with a major problem with masturbation and little to no real knowledge of sex, let alone safe sex in all its latex covered glory.

Now I'm a fully paid up member of the 'love your body brigade', a great fan of masturbation, have accepted that I am probably bisexual, as well as being a lot more approchable and reasonable. And of course, I now make a point of spreading the word about such wonders as dental dams, lube, and flavoured condoms, which enlivens girly chit chat with my friends. Thank you Scarleteen-you've made an awful lot of difference to my life in just one year.

------------------

BJadeT
Activist
Member # 2057

Ooh I am seething right now. I'm watching Esther (a very toned down and English version of American talk shows), and it's about taking your clothes off for money. The two middle class, over made-up ladies whose aim in life is to protect us from the evils of the naked human body are trying to say that a very funny and sweet naked calendar of an old ladies bowling club is indecent. They also say that an advert which shows the buttocks of an old man promotes pre-marital sex and the exposure of things which 'should be kept between yourself and the one that you marry'.
Take deep breaths, Beth. Deep breaths.

Sallynha
Activist
Member # 312

Icon 13 posted      Profile for Sallynha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AHHHHHH I had typed a very long reply here, and this didn't post because I exceeded the number of smilies!!!

I'll try to calm down and come back again to post what I'd written

------------------
~Sallynha

ICQ# 123898306

Posts: 390 | From: * my own little shell * | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BruinDan
Activist
Member # 3072

Icon 4 posted      Profile for BruinDan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's our Sally...the smiley queen!

------------------

BruinDan's Blog!
ICQ# 3953848

Sallynha
Activist
Member # 312

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Sallynha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hehehe ;)
I think I'll get used to disable smilies hehe :) It's really frustrating when you've spend half an hour typing something that is very interesting and of general interest to everyone :p and then it vanishes all of a sudden just because of the excess of images :o

So... yesterday I guess I didn't remember to pop back... let me try and remember what I had been writing about... hummm... hehe Oh, right :)

So my level of English can be easily explained by 2 points:
* I started learning English when I was 4 years old, because my parents were very busy at the time me and my twin sister were born, and when we were 4 we could enter a private school that kept us from 8am to 7pm or whatever time was needed, and that private school was run (ran?) by Catholic Irish nuns. All our teachers were "normal" (not nuns hehe), except from the English teachers. And we had English lessons from kindergarden :) Learning colours, words like "over", "on", "in" etc :) So when most people start learning English at school when they're 11/12... it is a big difference :)

* I took 2 years of lessons at the British Council here in Lisbon, completing grade 7, and the max grade is 8 :) I took the CAE (Certificate in Advanced English) exam from the University of Cambridge, I had a B (ok, not so excellent, but good anyway :p). I quit the BC for now because I have plenty of work with Uni already, but I plan on going back for 1 or 2 more years so that I can take the Proficiency exam, that if I pass, it would mean I have the same level of the English language as those who are native speakers :)

So this is what I've tried to post at least twice in 2 different threads :p

/me activates "disable smilies in this post" button ;)

Have a nice day everyone :) I'll leave to school in 20 minutes :)

------------------
~Sallynha

ICQ# 123898306

Sallynha
Activist
Member # 312

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Sallynha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, I forgot to add the most important thing, that was, after all, the point of that post

Thanx Bethy (can I call you that? ) for the compliments on that Latin thread!!

------------------
~Sallynha

ICQ# 123898306

BJadeT
Activist
Member # 2057

Wow-well done Sallynha (for doing so well with English and for finally managing to post ). I'm full of admiration for all multilingual people.

I wish I could be like you-but foreign language teaching in most english schools is appalling, and I didn't learn my first word of French until I was eleven. Learning when very young is definitely the way to go. I've decided that before I have children, I'm going to try to become fluent in some language (hopefully Russian), so I can bring my children up bilingual. It's supposed to be very good for intelligence.

And you are more than welcome to call me Bethy. Beff, Bethy, B, Jade-it's all good.

BJadeT
Activist
Member # 2057

Well, I'm off to the Lake District for three days tomorrow, with my darling (?) family, to go and be ill and argue with them in a more scenic place. Which will be fun, I'm sure.

But 3 days with out the net! I don't think I can go that long. I have developed a severe addiction over the last few weeks, with my Blog and homepage, as well as the boards, of course. I'm sure I'll survive.

I'm a bit miserable because when we go to the Lakes we mainly go for walking, which I have hated up until about last year, when I had some kind of walking revelation (I think it was the incredibly difficult and painful walk in Snowdonia with Paul that I hated at the time but now have very fond memories of), and now i love to walk. And, sod's law, now I can't because I'm ill. That's rather annoying. Oh well, I'll just have to sit in the pub whilst my family go off into the hills.

Pleeeese, pleeeese let it snow, or at least be cold and clear. Just don't let it rain, I beg you.

See you monday everyone.

------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.