Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » MEMBER-ONLY FORUMS » Village People » *B*

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: *B*
*B*
Activist
Member # 4876

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *B*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didnt think I would actually start writing one of these..........I liked to read then and thats about it.But it got me thinking, how many opportunities do you get to ask yourself questions and have ppl reply??
I'm 17 and a student. I have normal brown hair and normal brown eyes, am a normal height and normal weight.I dont have any interesting qualities and there is nothing that makes me stand out in the crowd. But I am ME. People are so defined these days it takes a lot of hard work to find someone who isnt. Someone who doesnt take a certain liking to some music, to movies, to pastimes. I am surrounded by people who love things so much that you associate them with that.......i wish you could do that for me. Maybe you can.....maybe people refer to me everyday as Bec, the girl who dances......I just wish i knew about it.
I read these posts made by other people and think how can you write so much? How can you have that much going on in your life, in one day that you can fill up space so rapidly? Don't expect that with me......I may forget to write, I may go days without writing anything....but you can be assured I will be here sometime.....If you can excuse bad spelling, rambling and the occasional random outburst then feel free to continue.........

Posts: 110 | From: australia | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
keoki_14
Activist
Member # 1312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for keoki_14     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey B. I'm sure you're a very interesting person. I mean, you are a member of Scarleteen. We're all interesting people!

I'm one of those people that write a lot in my journal thing. I don't have a lot going on in my life, but I always have a lot going on in my mind. You probably do too, huh?

It's fun to type and get replies. I hope that you find out that you ARE an interesting person. I thought I was pretty boring too, but then everybody was like "You're so interesting!" so I guess I am.

You like to dance? Are you in any classes, or anything? What kind of music do you like? What's you're family like?

Have fun with your Village People post! I love mine!

------------------
Useless Crap

"Look, Fred! She's gotten her boobies! They're so perky!" Sixteen Candles

Posts: 620 | From: Columbia, MD, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*B*
Activist
Member # 4876

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *B*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Firstly......i have written two days in a row.....impressive huh??! and secondly thanks to that great, wonderful, marvellous person who granted my post with something. I am forever in your debt and will take great interest in reading yours
In answer to your questions i take ballet, jazz, contempory and tap plus teach dance to some younger kids. I like all kinds of music, there is no one thing I can say I love. At the momement I am into old 70's disco music though which virtually confirms me a bit of a loser.(no offence to all those 70's disco fans out there)

Today I feel like talking about Sex. SEX SEX SEX.
I have to say I like sex. I dont love it. By no means am I a 6 times per day girl. Just when the occasion arises that i am actually in the mood for it (which is considerably less than my boyfriend )it's nice.
I hate the fact that so many people are hung up on it though. It's like it is the most important thing in the world or something. I mean i know it is technicAlly to ensure the continuation of man and all but they can do wonderful things with other body cells that produce quite the same baby. And I hate the fact that people can be so discriminative about other peoples sexual preference. In all honesty I am not interested in persuing a relationship with a woman but to all those girls (and guys who are with men) that do i think it is great that they have found someone to love them.

Do you ever have a friend that you can like so much one minute and get totally annoyed with the next?? I have this friend and shes great. She likes the things i like and is nice to talk to but it's like shes tries too hard.......i want a friend i am close to but not one who can cling so closely to me at times that i feel like cant breathe. I dont need someone ringing me almost every single night when they have seen me a couple of hours earlier at school. Maybe I am being mean, maybe i should feel flattered that she likes me and wants to be my friend that much but i cant help it. Anyone got any ideas on how i can distance myself a tiny bit but not be totally obvious and cruel about it??

Posts: 110 | From: australia | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
keoki_14
Activist
Member # 1312

Icon 1 posted      Profile for keoki_14     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know exactly what you mean about the friendship thing. I had a friend that was cool and she was nice, but she tried WAY too hard. I can't really give you any advice on that because I told an important secret on her, and I just can't be around her anymore. She was abused by her parents and I told an adult. But don't give up, I'm sure there's logical and practical advice to putting a little distance with your friend.

Jazz, ballet, contempory, and tap? Sheesh! That's a lot of dancing. Hehe, I used to take ballet. That was a disaster! All that dancing must be a lot of work, but fun though. You're probably really fit too, huh?

------------------
Useless Crap

"Look, Fred! She's gotten her boobies! They're so perky!" Sixteen Candles

Posts: 620 | From: Columbia, MD, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*B*
Activist
Member # 4876

Today was a fine day (well as fine as it can be when school is involved) and now i am pissed off. I emailed a plan for my english essay to my teacher and she said i am too general blah blah blah so now i have to do more work on it so i can show her tomorrow. I am sick of school work!!!!!!!
NOw i cant think of anything else to write so i am getting more pissed off. GrRRRrrrr!!
I am going to a cocktail party on saturday night. I am looking forward to it but seeing as i am hoping it will be good then it will probably turn out crap.

I am being negative.....i dont want to write anymore.
I'm off to have a shower then rewrite a new essay plan which i hope will be up to the satisfaction of the dragon that i have third period tomorrow

*B*
Activist
Member # 4876

well when i said that i may not write in here for ages i didnt think that i meant this long! my pitiful attempt at keeping this journal consistant failed terribly and now i am resigned to the fact that this will be the least updated journal in the history of village people.

well it is the new year and it saw a lot of changes in my life. I am no longer a high school student, finishing year 12 last year and am finally 18. This year i will be heading off to uni which should be interesting and at the most at least a change from high school. I graduated with all A's except for maths and landed in the top 16% of the state for my final exams. I'd say i capped off high school with quite a good performance

anywayz i dont want to write anymore and who knows if i ever will again! people: READ MY POSTS!!!!!!

------------------
-*B*-

keoki_14
Activist
Member # 1312

Nice to hear from you again *B*. We've all missed you. And you don't have the least updated journal. There's many SCarleteeners with theirs at the end of the list. Me, on the other hand...

Congratulations on leaving high school, by the way. I wish I could do that. I'm only a sophomore.

------------------
Useless Crap

"This **** ain't over until the last record spins." Groove

*B*
Activist
Member # 4876

hey people

thanks keoki! i always knew i could count on you for a reply! you are officially my favourite village person and i promise to read your posts forever and ever!

keoki_14
Activist
Member # 1312

Yay! Heh, whenever someone says "forever" I always think of the movie The Sandlot because in this one kid in a scene is like FOR-EV-ER. Heh, I think it's funny. Have you ever seen that movie?

Anyway, that's off topic. Well, your posts are easy to read because you only have one page, hehe. I have 7. Wow!

I think you're interesting anyway. So it's all good.

------------------
Useless Crap

"Orr was crazy and could be grounded. All he had to do was ask; and as soon as he did, he would no longer be crazy and would have to fly more missions. Orr would be crazy to fly more missions and sane if he didn't, but if he was sane he would have to fly them. If he flew them he was crazy and didn't have to; but if he didn't want to he was sane and had to." Catch-22 by Joseph Heller

*B*
Activist
Member # 4876

thanks for saying i am interesting keoki- thats sweet and i honestly always do read your posts coz you are cool

nothing much going on this end of the world- it is hot and i am sick. Not throwing up sick, just tired and run down sick.

I am being dragged to lord of the rings tomorrow by my boyfirend who is obsessed with going to see it after reading the books.

i am determined to shake this tiredness thing.....it is so weird. i know i should go to the doctor but i just cant be bothered.

anywayz i am going
seeya

------------------
-*B*-

keoki_14
Activist
Member # 1312

Aww... I got a compliment from *B*. I feel so happy now.

I wish I could go see Lord of the Rings, but I don't have anyone to go with. Heh, oh well. Did you enjoy it? I heard it was REALLY GOOD.

Why are you tired? Heh, have you been sleeping? Doctors ask questions like that, and it always seems kind of silly.

Oh well, I hope you feel better.

------------------
Useless Crap

"Orr was crazy and could be grounded. All he had to do was ask; and as soon as he did, he would no longer be crazy and would have to fly more missions. Orr would be crazy to fly more missions and sane if he didn't, but if he was sane he would have to fly them. If he flew them he was crazy and didn't have to; but if he didn't want to he was sane and had to." Catch-22 by Joseph Heller

*B*
Activist
Member # 4876

I don't think it is anything to do with not sleeping properly coz i always get a lot of sleep. See, i am a vegetarian and although i take iron supplements and get iron in other foods i have low iron count. So it might be something to do with that. Anywayz i feel better now, not so tired, just keep getting headaches in the afternoons which is really annoying. Keoki- Lord of the Rings was really good surprisingly. I didnt even want to go and see it because i am not a fan of three hour movies but this one was good. Go and see it!!!
I'm going shopping today, sales are on and i have money to spend!

------------------
-*B*-

keoki_14
Activist
Member # 1312

Hello *B*! I noticed that I hadn't bothered you in awhile, so I decided to drop you a line. How are things with you? How has your sleeping been? I hope things are doing better for you.

Haha, you know what's funny? I saved all my whole Scarleteen journal in Word, so I could print it out and make it into a book one day, and it's over 131 pages! Heh, wow!

Oh well, I hope to hear from you soon.

------------------
Useless Crap

PoohBear84
Activist
Member # 6516

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PoohBear84     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was just reading your post, and i thought i would stop in and say hi, especially to a fellow dancer. Well i don't dance anymore (that was a tragedy in itself,) but i used to be a ballet dancer--you can only guess what happned, right?

So, i just wanted to say hi, becuase both of you seem like really cool people! And as for lord of the rings... I loved it! it was great! But if i have one movie to reccomend to anyone, if you are old enough, is monsters ball, i thought it was amazing.

well that's all i have to say for now

------------------
~*Katie*~

Be yourself, because then no one can ever tell you that you are doing it wrong

Posts: 91 | From: New York | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*B*
Activist
Member # 4876

well i have a new person to add to my faithful following....thanks poohbear!

Well i am recovering now for being sick......can you believe that i STILL am! They thought i had glandular fever so i had to have all these blood tests, but it turned out that i had some strang sounding virus in my system....anywayz i'm pretty much recovered but cant spend Australia day with my friends for fear of giving it to them!
So naturally i havent been up to much due to being sick......watching movies- got out Dracula 2000 which was pretty weak, i dont recommend it and 15 minutes which is ok.

PoohBear- i havent danced for a while coz i have been sick and am on vacation. doesnt look like i'll have much time for it this year coz i am starting uni, but i might sign up to a workshop if i have the time. I was thinking about doing yoga with my mum so maybe i might make the change. I used to do pilates so i should be able to handle yoga!

Keoki- thanks for the concern but i am okay now. maybe you should try and get your 131 pages published or something!!!!!

------------------
-*B*-

keoki_14
Activist
Member # 1312

Published? Heh, it would be like another "Go Ask Alice" but not nearly as good. I love that book! I think that everyone should be required to read it. Have you?

Dracula 2000? I heard that wasn't that good. I've never heard of 15 Minutes though. Hm... I'm going to see Ocean's 11 tonight. Heh, Keoki is being social!

Well, I'm glad you're feeling better.

------------------
Useless Crap

mazz
Activist
Member # 6206

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mazz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
happy Australia Day!!!!

i just thought id say that to a fellow aussie. I had such a bad night.. well im still home and its 10:07pm on Australia Day. tragic. I was spose to go on my friends boat but that got cancelled because they didnt have enough room, and then i was gonna meet some other friedns down at the esplanade to wait for the skyshow but i had no way of getting there. poo. i need my license. its about time too. i turned 17 in JULY. how pathetic. Hope you had a good night *B*!

Posts: 88 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daydreamer24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd like to visit Australia ;(
Posts: 1619 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pumpkin_Pie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pumpkin_Pie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're studying teaching in uni right? I'd love to be a teacher!!! I want to be a P.E and Chemistry teacher. What teaching are u studying? Is it good? Is Australia really as cool as everyone says? Are there lots of rollerbladers? And goign way back to ur very first village people post, I write loads of stuff in my thread because so much happens, and even if it doesn't I just write what's in my head, and that's always loads!!!
Posts: 896 | From: Europe | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*B*
Activist
Member # 4876

whoa! i have never had so many posts to read when i open my topic! Thanks guys!

Keoki- well i havent read "Go Ask Alice" but i will now that you have recommended it. I love to read so i will see if it is at the library or something in the next few days. I saw Ocean's 11 on the 26th- it was pretty good, i think you will like it. i recommend 15 minutes to you- it has Robert DeNiro in it. It isnt the best movie out but it isnt the worst either.

Mazz- Happy Aussie day to you too! I will write more in your post.

DayDreamer and Slayer- thanks for writting in my post! Australia is pretty nice, it can get very hot though which isnt so nice I am studying to become a history teacher. I suck at chemistry and i'm not much better at PE so i wont be trying them too soon!

well it was aussie day on saturday but i went out for dinner and to the movies which is a lot different from the skyshow that ppl usually go to. i think i had some funky chinese food that night coz i woke up sick. damn uncooked chinese food!

Tomorrow is going to be sooooooo boring. i have to go an enrol in uni and i am just hoping i wont be there all day like they say i will.

------------------
-*B*-

Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daydreamer24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
chinese food <sigh>
uncooked chinese food? <cough>

Posts: 1619 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*B*
Activist
Member # 4876

If I'm reading you right daydreamer then you're exactly right about chinese food. It is so yummy when you get nice stuff but there are the occasions when it is just plain gross
Today I had my enrolment and it was just as I expected.......extremely boring. I have sore legs and a headache from standing around so long. See, I wouldnt have been there for that long except my friend came with me for my timeslot so i had to hang around for hers. The only good thing to come out of the day was that i got enroled the way i wanted to, i had no changes made to my course or timetable and i was happy. That was only damped by my sore legs, headache, hunger, tiredness and my extremely disgusting student ID photo.

------------------
-*B*-

mazz
Activist
Member # 6206

Icon 6 posted      Profile for mazz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey i also got a disgusting student ID photo the other day at Curtin. its all one big conspiracy. They do that on purpose.
Posts: 88 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*B*
Activist
Member # 4876

If this works then it means i can post.....i have been trying to post in keoki's thread and it hasnt been working......hmmmm????

------------------
-*B*-

keoki_14
Activist
Member # 1312

*giggles* It has obviously been working because you posted the same thing four times! Hehe.

------------------
Useless Crap

*B*
Activist
Member # 4876

I went to an interview on Friday and stupid me said i was avaliable to work at 6 in the morning. I hate it about myself that I am unable to say what i want sometimes. Sure i can say i want this for christmas or i want to do this now or whatever but in things like that i feel on the spot and dont say what i want. I DONT want to start at 6am!!!!!!! I wrote them an email asking to change my start to 9am which is a bit more resonable, I just hope that they take notice.
It isnt as though it is a permanent thing or anything, its really casual.

I havent really been too personal in this thread but today i feel like it for some reason. Sometimes I really feel like I dislike my father. He can be so annoying sometimes and only thinks about himself. He acts like he has PMT and i am totally not being funny about it. He always has mood swings, he can be really funny and happy one minute and a grouch the next. I suppose i should be thankful though. He does a lot of things for me and supports me and has never abused me or anything so I suppose i am lucky in that respect. He just frustrates me so much a lot of the time, but i suppose that is like any family.

I'm having troubles with my friends as well. Well it isnt me involved in it but it has to do with my friends and i am like looking in kind of thing. At the momement there are fights going on within the group. It is only between three people but it still wrecks things. I am not involved in any of it but they are all my good friends and i love them dearly but i am sick of the fact that when we go out, one wont come because a particular person is coming and things like that. The reason they are fighting is nothing to do with me so i feel as though it is none of my business. I want to say somethig but i am afraid they will get mad at me and think i am taking sides or something. It is so frustrating that coz we dont go to school anymore the times that we do get to spend time with one another are wrecked because of these petty things.
anywayz i am going to go and post about it in another thread to get some advice.
seeya

------------------
-*B*-

insatiablesmiles
Activist
Member # 6228

Icon 1 posted      Profile for insatiablesmiles     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey *B*
ta for the message ... i'm gunna hone in on your Australia Factor like most others - i went there in 1999, and loved it ... amazing country. and i'll be back next year!

-pandora
xxo

------------------
- you think you're the only one who's sexually frustrated?
- well come on baby , i'm ready!

[ american beauty ]

Posts: 100 | From: london, england | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*B*
Activist
Member # 4876

I am so sick of problems at the momement. I have this friend and for someone that I call a friend she certainly doesnt act like it sometimes.
She always makes comments to me that (i think) she says jokingly but it really hurts my feelings. If i say my hair is a mess today she replys with "yea, you have crap hair". and its the same for other stuff. She tells me I'm fat ( which i KNOW i am not), that i am ugly and I have a bad attitude. I know i am not a bad person so i definetly dont derserve this. It isnt like she does it all the time but when she does it is really cruel and upsetting to me. I dont know if she does it to anyone else but it doesnt feel like it. I went home in tears yesterday from my friends after she did it again so i dont know what my friend said to her.
I want to be her friend but i dont have to put up with that from her, or anyone.
The fact that she tells me I am fat when she is heavier than me (i barely weigh 50 kgs for goodness sakes!), that i am ugly when i dont think i am, i get comments from boys about what i look like (positive ones ) and i have a boyfriend who thinks i am beautiful while she has had her first boyfriend all of like 2 weeks and that i have a bad attitude problem when she is the one being so rude and insensitive.
I am just so sick of it. In today's society people have enough trouble about what they look like. I finally try to accept myself for what i look like and then this happens and i feel deflated. But I refuse to let it make me think badly about myself.

------------------
-*B*-

*B*
Activist
Member # 4876

well i think the last time i posted i was all down in the dumps about a friend. I am totally over it now, she just doesnt think before she says things. I asked around and I know she likes me so it is just her idiocity that makes her do these things She does things like that to everybody, like she knew my best friend had this crush on someone and took him off and set him up with someone else which totally broke my friends heart.

My other friend was in a car accident the other day. Her vision was blocked and a car ploughed into her passenger side, luckily no one was sitting there. Her car was a total writeoff and she got cut up and bruised pretty badly, but we are so glad it was nothing worse. Her boyfriend's mum offered her a loan for a new car which was pretty great of her.

I went to the movies yesterday and saw Domestic Disturbance which was okay. Lately I havent been finding movies that great, even though the person i am with finds them good. I dont think many of the new movies have much substance anymore, they dont go into enough detail for me. I suppose if they did then they would go for like 4 hours or something. I am just hoping for a movie to have a substantial plot and not just have all this action then pan out suddenly so the movie can end.

Tonight I am going to my cousins engagment party and on Sunday it is my twin cousins 2nd birthday party. It will be fun but it is at a park at it is going to be soooooooooo hot!!!!!

anywayz i am gonna go and post some more and write emails and stuff
Cya

------------------
-*B*-

*B*
Activist
Member # 4876

This morning was an awful morning. I was up at 6am throwing up till like 11am which isnt good on an empty stomach
I think I am okay now, just some bug that cleared itself outta my system within the vomiting hours of 6-11. I still feel a little woozy but other than that I should be fine. I have my orientation for uni tomorrow (NB- Mazz I hope you have a good time at yours) and even though it wont be like the most thrilling thing ever I need to go to know my way around better. Uni starts next Wednesday for me seeing as I only go three days a week (Wed, Thurs, Fri) and I am actually kinda looking forward to it. Not the work and study stuff of course but the whole relaxed atmosphere.

Before I forget, it was Keoki's birthday the other day and if she reads this I just want to give her my best wishes for her day. Keoki if you are reading this, hurry up and put a comment thingy on your blog so I can write to ya!!!!!!!!

After my initial bad morning I went and got my hair cut and dyed. Nothing drastic in both areas though. I have those horrible dye marks on my skin though and I have tried EVERYTHING to get it off!!! I am just hoping it wont be there tomorrow or i will have to wear my hair like down and over my ears which annoys me- i like it off my face, but there is no way I am walking around with marks on me!

anywayz gotta run- ppl start posting in my thread again!!!

------------------
-*B*-

Celtic Daisy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Celtic Daisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like a pretty sucky morning. Hope it's outa your system now. Being sick sucks.

Hehe, hope you're having a better day than me now though.

------------------
'My advice is to get them off right after your shoes and before your trousers...that's the sock gap. Miss it and suddenly you're a naked man in socks. No self-respecting woman will let a naked man in socks do the squelchy with her'-Jeff Murdock
(Coupling, BBCC)

~Erin~

Posts: 1747 | From: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tasha
Activist
Member # 6784

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tasha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey *B* -- it may be a little late to help you this time around, but maybe this will come in handy in the future -- if you ever get hair dye on your skin, it will usually come off very easily if you just dip a cotton ball or washcloth in some shampoo (add a little water if you like). Quick and painless!

------------------
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space!

share your opinion: http://www.geocities.com/tkaterisha/survey.html

Posts: 68 | From: Brooklyn, NY (Ev,IL right now tho) | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*B*
Activist
Member # 4876

Thanks for the advice Tasha, i tried shampoo and it didnt work. I tried perfume and toner and everything! It has faded now but the next time i go to our hairdresser she has these wipe things (like baby wipes) that are to get dye of your skin.

I had a great Valentines day. My boyfriend turned up with flowers and chocolates and this pillow thing and a card which was really sweet. We were supposed to go out for dinner tonight but are going out with his family for something else so it has been postponed.

I dont have much to write today which isnt unusual!

------------------
-*B*-

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.