Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » MEMBER-ONLY FORUMS » Village People » velocette! (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: velocette!
velocette
Activist
Member # 3877

Icon 1 posted      Profile for velocette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okej, I feel in a really posty mood today. Oh well, you'll have to suffer through it!

Name : Veronica
Grade : Sophomore, now!
Hobbies : Music! I love everything music related. Some of my favourite bands : Sneaker Pimps, Kent, bis, Björk, Velocette, Super Furry Animals, and...lots of stuff!
Currently a obsessing over : Björk, Scandinavia and teenage love
Pet peeves : people trying to use the eraser part of a pencil when there is obviously no more left. ugh!
Astrological sign : Virgo
Celebrity crush(es) : Chris Corner (Sneaker Pimps)and Brian Molko circa now (Placebo)

I don't really know what else to write at the moment. I guess this will be diary-esque sooner or later...so...maybe it will interest you a bit more then. I am pretty neat, so hopefully you will like me!

Somethings got to give...I don't know,
Veronica

Now Playing : Soulwax - "Too Many DJs (Like from Pinkpop 1999)"

(when I edit this, Starsailor was playing. "Fever". "Noooooooow I must've been bliiiiiiiind")

[This message has been edited by velocette (edited 06-16-2001).]

Posts: 81 | From: Hayward, California, USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mary
Activist
Member # 2769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to Scarleteen, Velocette! Glad to have you around... When's your birthday? Because I'm 14 going on 15 (celebrating date of birth July 7th). If our birthdays are close together we can have a little party . Look forward to "seeing more of your typing" (as apposed to actually seeing you). Yea, I'm a dork LOL.

------------------
Don't mess with Texas

Posts: 500 | From: Ohio, U.S.A. | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
velocette
Activist
Member # 3877

Icon 1 posted      Profile for velocette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, my birthday's a bit farther down that July, it's September 21st (same day as Liam Gallagher of Oasis, Johanna from the Sahara Hotnights, and Ricki Lake! ). And I'm happy that I'm actually posting, now

Believing in something can sometimes mean nothing...conviction can be tamed, why do you feel ashamed?,
Veronica

Now Playing : Bis - "Dead Wrestlers"

Posts: 81 | From: Hayward, California, USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
velocette
Activist
Member # 3877

Ugh, i'm so bored right now. I'm actually contemplating on the grammatically correct way to spell "I'm". Are you supposed to capitalize the "i" or do you leave it lowercased? Please help if you can. I can't believe that i've forgotten such simple grammar...but my mind is playing tricks on me at my old age

I received my report card in the mail today. I did bad bad bad bad bad bad bad! I failed English 4th quarter, ouch! It's an honors class...but it doesn't excuse my poor grade. I only turned in 2 assignments the only quarter. Eeks. I'm the kinda girl who has the "potential" (oh, I hate this word! Everyone always says "you have so much potential, blah blah blah..") but doesn't live up to it. Ho hum. I'm so happy I don't have to go to summer school! I would have hated that so much...

Mmm....aren't fudgesicles GRAND?

Love sucks. Love SUPER sucks. More on this after I get some more insight on it tomorrow.

I love that Nelly Furtado song "I'm Like A Bird". It's so catchy...so well-written! It's quite the sing-a-long song, too. OK, quite enough babbling from me today.

I don't know where my soul is,
Veronica

ErinK
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1371

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ErinK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The grammatically correct way to spell "I'm" is "I'm".

It's becuase I'm is a contraction of I am (and you'd capitalize the I if you were writing I am.)

There you go.

Erin, grammar geek extraordinaire

Posts: 3077 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
velocette
Activist
Member # 3877

quote:
Originally posted by ErinK:
The grammatically correct way to spell "I'm" is "I'm".

A-ha! That's what my big guess was... but I'm (wee!) never too sure with my knowledge these days. But it does make loads of sense... but I've just been on the computer so much and not caring about capitalization that I had forgotten. Doh.

I am currently watching Friends at the moment. Joy

Monica dates really old guys,
Veronica

velocette
Activist
Member # 3877

It's about 4:25AM and I'm here at Scarleteen. Oh, hurray for summertime!

I'm trying to learn Swedish. I really am. I think it's a super duper cool language, with all of it's Scandinavianity(I'm like James Joyce, with my mad skills at creating new words ) and such. It's a bit hard though, considering I know not a single person who knows the language...or who's even interested in it. All I have is my little books, cassette tapes, some music cds that are sung in Swedish, and my favourite movie, F-cking Åmål. Yippie. I used to have this same love for Wales, and it's language. But let me tell you...that's even harder to learn that this darned Swedish! It's very gutteral...and... the double 'L' sound is KILLER. To quote the way in the book of how to pronounce it, it's "produced by putting the tongue in the 'L' position and trying to hiss." Oh, geez. Funny, funny language that Welsh is. I'll try to teach you a very useful sentence if ever your butt is in need of a chair.

Ga i eistedd yma, os gwelwch yn dda? (May I sit here, please?)

It's pronouced something like : Ga-ee eye-steth-eema, os-gwel-ooch(with the Scottish 'ch')-un-tha

Haha, terrible. I'm sorry. How about giving you something in Swedish...erm...

Försöker du vara rolig? (Trying to be funny?)

Pronounced like : Fur-shuh-kur dyoo vara row-lee

OK, I've been "helpful" enough. God, the things I write about when bored...

Ha så roligt!,
Veronica

Now Playing : Swedish language cassette

[This message has been edited by velocette (edited 06-22-2001).]

velocette
Activist
Member # 3877

Hmm.... I just told one of my "closer" friends that I am bisexual today. It was funny, cos I was on the phone with her (Sarah) and my other friend that already knew (Vanessa). I was *so* trying to hint to her that I was...I even started playing songs to her to let her have clues to piece together. I played an Ani Difranco song, a Rufus Wainwright song (but...she didn't "get it"...cos I don't think she even knows anything about these people), a Chicks On Speed song, and a Ladytron song. The Ladytron song has the lyrics "once there was a young girl, but old enough to know girl...doesn't care if it's her or him, she's not that kind of girl." Describes me perfectly, me thinks! My friend Vanessa was TOTALLY laughing the whole time..cos she understood everything, but Sarah was pretty much in the dark. Then I played "Girls and Boys" by Blur.... tee hee hee She's so daft, though, as she still didn't make the connection. Anyway...by the end of the phone call everything way fine, and she knew. Yay. It's fun when you tell a new person...it's like a new found freedom! Or, not

And I think I realized I have a crush on a girl that goes to my school. How sweet But, it's summer...and I won't see her until school starts up again. She's a grade above me (she will be a junior) and I've never really talked to her before...but that's OK. There's always this new year, eh?

Ugh, and my current situation SUCKS. The girl I met at the Gay Prom...she one that's 3 years older than me...she...she... I think she's really disgruntled by the age thing so she doesn't want to communicate anymore. I hate to say it, but it sort of makes me mad. She led me on...she made it seem like we could at least be friends if not more. Then she doesn't call...and...ugh. It *does* make me mad. But, whatever. I can get over it.

*Sigh*,
Veronica

velocette
Activist
Member # 3877

Woo! I just got done talking on the phone with a friend (it's 4:40am). How fun! We were talking about any and everything to be talked about. Sex is becoming a big part of her life...even though she's a virgin the topic is coming up with her and her almost boyfriend. I gave her some advice worthy of Scarleteen and...I think she'll use her head

Oh, and I'm going to see Radiohead on Wednesday with her! Woo hoo! I can't wait to see Thom go crazy, flailing his little arms about. It will be a concert to remember! The last concert I went with her to was Sigur Rós (this Icelandic, shoegazer-like band) in San Francisco on May 2nd. Yes, I'm in need of some beautiful musicness! There are quite a bit of concerts I want to go to... geez. I missed Mogwai and am a bit disappointed with that. There is always Air and the Charlatans (with Black Rebel Motorcycle Club!), though.... so hopefully I will be able to see them. Shazam!

Ice age coming!,
Veronica

Now Playing - Super Furry Animals "Demons (live)"

Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey, you've got ace taste in music. i'd bet i've been to several gigs you've been too. i dig SFA i missed mogwai and sigur ros, though. couldn't be arse to pay up, pretty much. last show i saw was badly drawn boy. will be at radiohead (totally stoked!).

cheers! and welcome

------------------
| |: BGBGDGBG BGBGCGBG :| |

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
velocette
Activist
Member # 3877

I'm such an insomniac, *sigh*. I want to fall asleep, I really do, but...I cannot. I'll try in about a half hour.

OK, I'm excited about the Radiohead concert. It will be super! I, thankfully, don't have lawn tickets, but even though I have seating I am far back. I am appreciative, though

Usually the day before/of a concert I smother myself with that artist's music. Weird that I'm not doing that now. I'm listening to Black Box Recorder, the brilliant band that gave you the line "Life is unfair; kill yourself or get over it." Just to clarify, it's not a suicide song. More of a 'everyone has problems so deal with it' song. Oh, fiesty!

AHH! I just noticed my nail varnish turned all crappy. Ugh, now I've got to hide the crapiness with more coats...great.

Time to varnish!
Veronica

Now Playing - Black Box Recorder - "Kidnapping an Hieress"

[This message has been edited by velocette (edited 06-27-2001).]

velocette
Activist
Member # 3877

Wow, that Radiohead concert was amazing. Most fun concert I've been to, probably. Oh, I just found out Our Lady Peace are playing S.F. on July 9th. I used to *love* them. That's the same day Air are playing I think...so...hmm. But I thought Air are playing on the 10th, too. Well.. I hope so.

Oh, and...17 year olds are a curse. I've fallen for another one. This ones even more complicated than that girl that happened... less than a month ago More details later....

Är jar så ensam?,
Veronica

Now Playing - Kent "När Det Blåser På Månen (live)"

Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
uggh. AIR are almost sold out. $25 for balcony. blargh. but OLP will be fun. I enjoyed Radiohead immensely. where were your seats?

------------------
| |: BGBGDGBG BGBGCGBG :| |

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lucina
Activist
Member # 3792

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lucina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi velocette, i sort of tripped over here because yeah, i dig the velocette (spoiled children!), and you have super taste in music. i see you're on a swedish tip, so you might want to check out the bands called fint tilsammans, testbild!, and cinnamon. i think club 8 are swedish too. yes, sweden is a good country - ikea and ingmar bergman. hurrah!
gruff rhys is my future boyfriend (mmmm welsh accents)
take care,
lucina

Posts: 61 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
velocette
Activist
Member # 3877

Air are almost sold out? Uh oh...better get those tickets soon then. Well, I'll have to get some money then get them

My seats for Radiohead were so far back! Section 204, row U. Yes, I said row U But anything is better than lawn, for sure. Where were ya, front row centre? Yeaaah! I was a tad ticked that there were no screens, though. There were some nice people sitting near me so it was fine. It was a great concert, no? I went completely nuts for "The Bends", I was like a mini Thom Yorke I have to admit I was *slightly* disappointed that they didn't play "Just" or "Climbing Up The Walls"...but I still left completely content. Ace show.

Yeah, Our Lady Peace should be fun. I used to be such a fan...I own so much crap and am in the fan club. Completely nerdy, I know. Well, my membership has now expired but that's OK, I have plenty of other nerdy aspects to make up for it.

Lucina, you know Velocette?! Oh my gosh, yay! I'm just wondering if they're ever going to put out another album...cos they split with Wiiija a while back and I've heard nothing of them since. I've managed to collect everything by them (sans the demo of "Bitterscene" which is on a Fierce Panda comp) so I'll be semi-OK if they've split up or what have you. You're going to marry Gruff? And...you LIKE Welsh accents? You're craaazy, girl!

Ugh, it's hot in here. I'm sorta bored. I may stay here 'round the Scarleteen boards for the next hour trying to post something interesting. Actually, my motive for today is to no longer be a neophyte. I know, très cool!

Hmm...anything else interesting happening to me? Well, no, not really. I'm expecting some vinyl to come in the mail soon, so that's neat. Two 7"s by the band Linoleum, both limited edition. One is for the single "Smear" and the other is their debut 7", "Dissent". Both are in actual linoleum sleeves. Super bien!

Enough babbling from me now (well, in this thread )...adios amis!

Haemoglobin is the key,
Veronica

Now Playing - Mumiy Troll "Nevesta" (cool Russian band)

velocette
Activist
Member # 3877

Air are almost sold out? Uh oh...better get those tickets soon then. Well, I'll have to get some money then get them

My seats for Radiohead were so far back! Section 204, row U. Yes, I said row U But anything is better than lawn, for sure. Where were ya, front row centre? Yeaaah! I was a tad ticked that there were no screens, though. There were some nice people sitting near me so it was fine. It was a great concert, no? I went completely nuts for "The Bends", I was like a mini Thom Yorke I have to admit I was *slightly* disappointed that they didn't play "Just" or "Climbing Up The Walls"...but I still left completely content. Ace show.

Yeah, Our Lady Peace should be fun. I used to be such a fan...I own so much crap and am in the fan club. Completely nerdy, I know. Well, my membership has now expired but that's OK, I have plenty of other nerdy aspects to make up for it.

Lucina, you know Velocette?! Oh my gosh, yay! I'm just wondering if they're ever going to put out another album...cos they split with Wiiija a while back and I've heard nothing of them since. I've managed to collect everything by them (sans the demo of "Bitterscene" which is on a Fierce Panda comp) so I'll be semi-OK if they've split up or what have you. You're going to marry Gruff? And...you LIKE Welsh accents? You're craaazy, girl!

Ugh, it's hot in here. I'm sorta bored. I may stay here 'round the Scarleteen boards for the next hour trying to post something interesting. Actually, my motive for today is to no longer be a neophyte. I know, très cool!

Hmm...anything else interesting happening to me? Well, no, not really. I'm expecting some vinyl to come in the mail soon, so that's neat. Two 7"s by the band Linoleum, both limited edition. One is for the single "Smear" and the other is their debut 7", "Dissent". Both are in actual linoleum sleeves. Super bien!

Enough babbling from me now (well, in this thread )...adios amis!

Haemoglobin is the key,
Veronica

Now Playing - Mumiy Troll "Nevesta" (cool Russian band)

velocette
Activist
Member # 3877

Oh, yay, I've created an online diary thing now. It always seemed interesting... so hopefully it will be. Nothing of much importance in there yet, but I will try to make it fantabulousistic. Or, something.

If it worked, the link should show up in my signature. Let's cross our fingers!

And now, for my shades

-Veronica

------------------
You're So Disco! : My Online Diary

lucina
Activist
Member # 3792

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lucina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Veronica Velocette, will you marry me? I think I love you . . . hee hee hee! Oh, I rhymed unintentionally. Hey, vowels are good, especially 'e!' Don't do drugs! I met Manda and Sci-Fi Steven from bis a couple of years back (1997) at the local 'alternative' radio station. They were super nice and I got their autographs and some bis stickers. I couldn't go to the concert though, it wasn't all ages (boo). Linoleum are nice. They keep on playing their videos on the French TV they have over here, on the show 'Volt.' And linoleum sleeves . . . tactile! I feel like singing. Oh, and I know a secret about you, you have the NME comp On:1 or something or other! How'd that song go, 'you plant the seeds, i'll bring the weedkiller, oh yeah' - i don't know.
I'm going to see the Doves on Tuesday. Do you dig the Doves? I also saw Badly Drawn Boy and Placebo last month - Damon Gough is God! (well, no, but still, he was good)

i'llshutupnow,
lucina kay

Posts: 61 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
velocette
Activist
Member # 3877

quote:
Originally posted by lucina:
Veronica Velocette, will you marry me? I think I love you . . .

But, of course!

quote:
Oh, and I know a secret about you, you have the NME comp On:1 or something or other!

You're a bit off here, kid. I have no idea what you're talking about How'd ya gather this info? I have a few Select ones...maybe that's what you're thinking of? I don't know, you've lost me

The Doves? I've heard a couple songs...I must admit I liked their single "Catch the Sun" the most. That's also the name of a song by Velocette And Damon, Mr. BDB, is quite cool. "Another Pearl" is so good... and... I love the demo of "Everybody's Stalking". So fab.

You know what I love? Red popsicles...but only made by one brand. I'm too lazy to go see what brand that is now.

So you're Canadian, eh? Do you know Ed the Sock? Haha, I saw one episode of that and was laughing quite a lot. Woo hoo.

Play! Play!,
Veronica

Now Playing - Brassy "Play Some D"

[This message has been edited by velocette (edited 06-29-2001).]

lucina
Activist
Member # 3792

work it out, veronica velocette!
i thought you had the nme comp cos it had big leaves, 'silverlight' by bellatrix, also jim o'rourke, jumbo, other people i don't really care about . . .
i don't watch ed the sock. i don't even like much of tv! he has a couple shows on here and he's a bonafide much vj - very odd. i bet when people from other countries come here they think we are an odd people, having socks host shows.

dogs win prizes! socks host shows!
lait lait lait! - play the milk bottles at www.goldtop.dircon.co.uk

take care,
lady lucina kay

velocette
Activist
Member # 3877

Jesus, Lucina, you're such the indie britpopper. Do you own a parka? ...I do I always knew I had a little twin out there, and now I know she's out there in Canada screaming "lait, lait lait!". Yes, lait, indeed.

Ugh, I just ate some donuts from a local shop and I feel like I'm going to throw up. Not really a good thing to do, nope. OK, happy thoughts.

ChrisCornerBrianMolkoAndreasJohnson!,
Veronica

------------------

Bobolink
Activist
Member # 1386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bobolink         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, you're insulting us. Donuts are the Canafdian national cuisine. Except, of course in Quebec, where the national cuisine is poutine.

------------------
We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.

- Albert Einstein

Posts: 3442 | From: Stirling, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
velocette
Activist
Member # 3877

I'm not knocking the cuisine of the donut, I'm just saying the donuts I ate today made me feel sick. I know the put-down of the donut was a lot blow

-Vuh-Vuh-Veronica

------------------

velocette
Activist
Member # 3877

Twee hee hee! I just got back from the record store... and I am happy. I'll list what I got cos I know you're just DYING to know!

Supergrass - Supergrass(it took me so long to buy this one because I dismissed the album after hearing "Pumping On Your Stereo". I hated that track so much)
Dubstar - Goodbye(I love the song "Stars" so much)
Elastica - Mad Dog CD1
Suede - Everything Will Flow CD1
Muse - Muscle Museum single (yay!)
Stereolab - Transient Random-Noise Bursts With Announcements
and an Unwound 12" - The Light at the end of the Tunnel is a Train

Overall I'd say good stuff. Im quite chuffed Suuuuuuuper!

-Moronica

Now Playing - Stereolab "Pack Yr Romantic Mind"

------------------

lucina
Activist
Member # 3792

Wow, you got a Stereolab album. And Unwound on vinyl! And Elastica! And . . . (lucina stands back in awe, with sunglasses on as to not be blinded by the gorgeousness of veronica velocette's purchases) my golly. gues what i'm listening to? william shatner. and 50's radio broadcasts. ronzar of the science police. yeah, i don't have a portable turntable so i'm forced to listen to mp3 oddities. oh yeah, mary from the groop has a 7" out. the horizontalist!
red yellow green red blue blue blue!

bye! from lucina

velocette
Activist
Member # 3877

</hands Lucina some sunglasses> Now we can be ultra cool together.

<- velocette + lucina

I have something to say..... and that is @&!^#*%_#)&!!!!! I just got back from the Juno/Rainer Maria/Unwound show... and that's all I can say. Everything about it was AMAZING. I had never heard of Juno before and they completely blew me out of the water. The lead singer was just totally into it... and that made me really into it. And I love Rainer Maria more than ever now. I got Bill (the drummer) to sign my cd. He's just too cool. I was sitting on the tables that seperated the crowd from the stage when Rainer Maria were setting up when a guy in the audience told me to smile and pose for the camera. I did with one of the roadies on the stage that was setting up. Little did I know when I turned around the roadie was actually Kyle from Rainer Maria. Ahhhh!!!! I was so speechless. He said "Hi, I'm Kyle" while I stammered out "I-I-I-I-I know...." and he smiled and went on his way. Oh, how I love RM! I managed to get setlists from all the bands so I was super happy, needless to say. Kyle actually handed me the Rainer Maria setlist... in which I responded "We love you, Kyle" in my most obvious teenybopper voice. He chuckled. Aww... I'm so happy! I'm seeing them tomorrow.. so more happiness to come.

Oh, and Our Lady Peace on Monday! Wee! And quite possibly Idlewild on the 13th. I'm as giddy as a school girl

-Veronica, the "coolest, youngest Rainer Maria fan" (or so I dubbed myself to Bill)

Now Playing : Rainer Maria "The Contents of Lincoln's Pockets" (which they didn't play at the concert... but will tomorrow.. erm, I mean today)

[This message has been edited by velocette (edited 07-07-2001).]

Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

IDLEWILD?!?!?! AIEEEEE!!!

when?!?! where?!?!

------------------
"And who are you who are so wise in the ways of science?" from Monty Python and the Holy Grail

velocette
Activist
Member # 3877

Idlewild will be at the Fillmore on the 14th with a band called Sunday's Best. I boo at that because on some of the east coasts dates RAINER MARIA will be opening for them. Boo!

-Veronica

Now Playing - Rainer Maria "Atlantic"

------------------

Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

dang, we go to all the same shows. we've probably seen each other around and just don't know it. did you catch idlewild and placebo at slim's a while back? that was such a good show, even if brian was being a total primadonna!

------------------
"And who are you who are so wise in the ways of science?" from Monty Python and the Holy Grail

velocette
Activist
Member # 3877

I was so upset I missed that show. My friend promised she'd get tickets... so I was counting on her to. But then the days dwindled down... and low and hehold... she didn't get them. I heard Brian was so drunk... I wish I could have seen him! Oh, darn.

But I'll see Juno/Rainer Maria/Unwound tonight! Are you going to be there? I'm the really tall one with the firey red hair! Acutally, I look nothing like that... but that's ok I'll also be seeing Our Lady Peace on Monday... and I plan to see Emiliana Torrini and Tricky in August (mainly for my girl Emiliana! She rips off Björk and the Sneaker Pimps but I love them both so I don't mind ).

Do you know of any other hip, happenin' concerts coming our way?

-Vrr..onica

Now Playing - Rainer Maria "Feeling Neglected"

------------------

velocette
Activist
Member # 3877

Wahoooo!!!! I just got back from the Juno/Rainer Maria/Unwound show. So good, again! To make a very long story short, I talked to all of Rainer Maria... and got Caithlin to sign my setlist (got a hug, too!). She's the biggest sweetie And she's pretty darn funny, too! But Kyle is the joke master! A wah-ha! I love Rainer Maria so much. They may be my favourite American band... well, I don't like many so it's a good possibility

Our Lady Peace on Monday! Yay!

I rule (acorrding to Caithlin),
Veronica

Now Playing - Rainer Maria "Centrifuge"

------------------

Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

i'm not going to many shows in the near future. i was going to go to idlewild, but go figure, AIDS Walk is the next morning, and I'll be hanging out with some of your fellow Scarleteeners.

i did enjoy Rainer Maria that time i saw them at the Fillmore. nice bunch. and i wear the shirt all the time
i'm probably missing out on OLP i've got loads of school to deal with. actually, i'm definitely missing out on OLP -- i have no tickets.

and no fun for me in august, i'm getting ready to take exams for medical school entrance.

but when i start having fun again, i'll probably see you around

i'm so bummed out about idlewild

------------------

BruinDan
Activist
Member # 3072

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BruinDan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Gumdrop Girl:
i'm so bummed out about idlewild

Awww don't be bummer....you'll be able to see me and Only in Dreams that weekend!

------------------
"Verdugo, Engine 14; you can cancel all units responding to this structure fire...this is just a dishwasher gone bad."

BruinDan's Blog!
ICQ# 3953848

Posts: 2727 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lucina
Activist
Member # 3792

you, you light up my life, you make me feel ha-pppy. hee hee hee. stop going to great concerts - i'm turning green. (i'm so green, hey, i like can!) gorky's aren't all-ages and neither is add n to (x). sniff! i want to see ann shenton! once! oh, my life's dreams will never be fulfilled! have a great time dancing at our lady peace! get jeremy's drumstick. wrench it away from him. after you're done that, do a jig in the streets.
velocette
Activist
Member # 3877

quote:
Originally posted by lucina:
get jeremy's drumstick. wrench it away from him. after you're done that, do a jig in the streets.

I'll definitely do the jig, but I don't think my jig will ever live up to the brilliant bippity boppity thing that Caithlin De Marrais of R|M does. It's super specacular, hers is.

I feel your pain of the un-all ages shows. I've been stopped from seeing some mighty fine concerts before (the first ones that pop into my mind are Broadcast and Brassy w/ Idlewild. Oh, and Add N to (X) was 21+, too) because I don't have a neat little card that says I'm 21. It sucks a lot. But now there are a barrage of all age concerts so I'm living it up And... when the hell did Gorkys come to North America!? I seriously hope I wasn't extra daft and totally missed them.

Ugh, I have a headache. I've been blaring Sleater Kinney all morning. Good music... but... I think I put it a wee bit too loud. I'm going to end this now. My head is pounding. Oh, Clea DuVall is coolios, remember that !

Oh, this is hardcore!,
Veronica

Now Playing : Sleater Kinney "Little Mouth"

------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.