Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » MEMBER-ONLY FORUMS » Village People » Celtic~*~Daisy (Page 5)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Celtic~*~Daisy
Celtic Daisy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Celtic Daisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Still no sammy! *Sigh* ever so discouraging.

In other news. Work work work..i'm glad to be back there. Everyone was so friendly and nice and asking me what i was doing there, haha! Lotsa people were saying hi and they were glad i was back. Even --- said hi, hehe. Anywho, it was good fun.

So, i have money again..not much, but enough. I was looking through some old photo albums of mine and a bunch of pictures and this one of ----- came up, and i got butterflies just looking at it. hehe! Feelings are so weird.

I don't work again till saturday so i have to try and keep myself busy all week. Tomorrow me and maro and shawna and heder might go shopping, wednesday i'm going to a movie with jamie, and friday me and stupid guy are gonna get together for a "drink". The drink being something from the starbucks at our local book store.

I've been trying to organize my mind a little more. But i learned not to think too much because it mudddles everything up..and makes it hard to sleep! So this is what's going on up in my noggin right now:
Pay back mom
buy stuff for my alter(athame, white handles knife, new candles, pentacle, black mirror, inscense, etc)
get money organized for possible trip to scottland
look for sammy
blah blah blah, don't think about guys too much
try and broaden my fantasy horizon...i haven't thought up much new stuff lately, and what has been new..is frankly boring, and i just end up cutting it out of my mind
new clothes...i really want some new corset tops for summer and stuff like that

if that makes sense...! Hahah!

------------------
'You've got the eyes of ten women. Not in a jar! I wasn't accusing you. I just mean your eyes are really nice'-coupling

Erin Jane
~Scarleteen Advocate~

Posts: 1747 | From: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
luscious_leslee
Activist
Member # 6912

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luscious_leslee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i'm confuzzled... who's "stupid guy"??? i feel so bad for you that sammy hasn't come home yet... its really good that you like your work so much. i don't hate mine that much i just really don't like some of the people. now that you have money again you can spend like a maniac. have fun shopping with shawna, heder, and maro. you crazy kids are bound to get into some kind of trouble. jamie asked me to go to a movie on wednesday too. but i don't know if she still wants me to go. we'll see whats goin on later. mmm starbucks. money lets us buy the stuff we want but is also such a worry. at the same time i hate and adore money. talk to ya later!
Posts: 91 | From: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celtic Daisy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Celtic Daisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lalalalala! I am a happy girl, who stays up too late. Guess who came home today??? Sammy!

A woman called while i was in the middle of a fight in final fantasy 8 and said, "are you still missing your cat, because there's a black and white one in my backyard with white paws." and i said, "yes, can i come over right now to see?" and she said yeah, so i rushed to her house, (i think i got there in about 30 seconds)praying the whole way. As soon as i got there she said, go around back, i'll show you where he is and as soon as i saw him i knew. i said, "oh my god that's him, that's sam." and i started thanking her and he was meowing and i picked him up and he was sooooo light, he's lost about 10 pounds, maybe more. And i thanked her some more. Then i took him to the car and burst into tears and started hugging him and kissing him and sayin gi'd missed him so much!

It was a happy moment.

In other news, we're going to the museum tomorrow..and it's late.

------------------
'You've got the eyes of ten women. Not in a jar! I wasn't accusing you. I just mean your eyes are really nice'-coupling

Erin Jane
~Scarleteen Advocate~

Posts: 1747 | From: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celtic Daisy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2971

School tomorrow, school tomorrow, schooool tomorrow. I'm not looking forward to that unit test first thing in the morning. Blech, and it's already after 1 and my sleeping scheduale is all screwed up and i can't sleep. I was watching a movie my cousin lent us, "the hitcher". It's some 80's one with Rutger Hauer. That guy plays awesome bad guys. My cousin also lent me the ff8 walkthrough book and i can't believe how much stuff i missed. I think i'm gonna go back through and start over.

So today is jesse's birthday. He's 13. Blech, just what we need, another cory like kid. We were talking over easter dinner how there must be some kind of ch-----'s gene that screws with the guys, because all the girls turned out good. My grandad didn't finish high school (due to the depression), my uncle didn't just because he dropped out, my other uncle didn't, same reason, my cousin jason didnt, same reason, and my brother almost didn't because he was slacking. Let's see how jesse goes, oh, by the way, that's all my moms side of the family. Kwaziness, i really do think there must be something there.

Well, maybe i'll go watch more of the "hitcher" and hope for sweet dreams. *sigh*
Maybe something magical will happen tomorrow like one of my two crushes will do something exciting, heh.

------------------

Erin Jane
~Scarleteen Advocate~

somekrazydude
Activist
Member # 6355

Icon 1 posted      Profile for somekrazydude     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey erin,

i thought you told us all to not post to just talk to each other and we can all do that with the phone or email or msn? so why is it that some people are still doing it? yeah i know i did it but i've been clean for a week or so now and i'm only doing this, posting to talk to you, so that you can be aware of this. just thought i'd remind you... talk to you later.

------------------
"It's only after you've lost everything that you're free to do anything."

Posts: 76 | From: Winterpeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BruinDan
Activist
Member # 3072

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BruinDan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello krazydude, perhaps I can answer the question. The biggest problem we are having here at ST is a bandwidth crunch. Because this site makes no money (and MizScarlet pays for every bit of bandwidth), we have to be very careful about how many times we post. Since the site is primarily for helping people, we like to try and reserve as much bandwidth as possible for that purpose. So having conversations with friends in Village People really isn't something we can allow to run rampant. A little here and a little there is perfectly alright and acceptable, but when it becomes something that would be better done over the telephone (such as if you are using bandwidth to communicate with people you see at school or can see around town), that is when the telephone (or email at the very least) should be used.

We like Scarleteen to be available for all who need it. And consequently, we like to try and maintain space for those who are seeking assistance. So let's be thoughtful and try to conserve bandwidth for the good of others, and everything should work out just fine. Cheers!

------------------
"Task Force 46, Light Force 34, Engine and Rescue 66, Battalion 3, Division 2; respond into the Greater Alarm Structure Fire at San Pedro and Jefferson. Reported to be a fire at the First Alert fire extinguisher factory..."

BruinDan's Blog!
ICQ# 3953848

Posts: 2727 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celtic Daisy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2971

I'm confuzzled. I don't really know what you're talking about. Sorry anthony.

"..and if you've got no other choice you know you can follow my voice, through the dark turns and noise of this wicked little town..."

Good ole' hedwig. Unfortunatly i'm the only one of my friends whose seen it so i'll talk about it to myself, heh.

"I put on some make-up, and turn on the tape deck, then put the wig back on my head, suddenly i'm miss midwest midnight checkout queen until i head home and i put myself to bed."

It's very hard to write and sing at the same time. On other news, i've reached my 1000 mark here at scarleteen. About 500 or 600 posts ago i became an advocate. *sigh* The memories, heh. So, i was watching some hawksley video's online and it just got me all...in a hawksley mood full force. So i went and listened to some hella good cd's!

So, i've made some more friends online, mostly wiccan. I've realized that i've become a lot more interested in goth clothing. It was kinda funny how this realization dawned on me. I was sitting looking at the site i think gumdrop posted, and i started looking at the clothes and clicked on goth and stuff...and realized i loved almost everything there. I'm working up the guts to wear them...but first i need to buy some, heh. It's just that style i guess, i find it romantical, or fantastical.

After refreshing the page, i saw bruindan posted. Hehe. Thanks for the clear up! Also, haven't had anyone new post in here for awhile, heh.

------------------

Erin Jane
~Scarleteen Advocate~

[This message has been edited by Celtic Daisy (edited 04-02-2002).]

Celtic Daisy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2971

"I put on some make-up, some lavern baker, and pull the wig down from the shelf, suddenly i'm miss beahive 1963 until i wake and i turn back to myself."

Sitting with hair dye in my hair! Yuppers, it's that time again, the time when the roots get too dark and i dye it again. I dyed my hair blue in the front again, but i was afraid wal-mart would say something, so we're trying to bleach it out, with little luck. I'm dying the back darker because i'm trying to go a little more natural in the back. In about 15 minutes i have to go shower and actually get ready to go to work for another 8 hour day. *sigh*

Sux, because everyone is going roller skating tonight and i can't go because i have to stupid work. I really really wanted to go to, because i haven't been for ages and well...geez! Grrr...i don't think it's possible to switch shifts on the day you ask someone. Oh well, these things happen.

------------------

Erin Jane
~Scarleteen Advocate~

killer_raincoat
Activist
Member # 6610

Icon 1 posted      Profile for killer_raincoat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i realize we have that whole no mindless chatting on the village people anymore, but it's no fun to come down to scarleteen and not find anything good to read. So i thought i'd post here as an indication that your slacking on your interesting posts erin. Get talking.
Here, i'll start..

Wow, this school year has gone by really fast. April is already half over, and i'm already thinking towards exams and summer.
Thank god i'm not in grade 12. Kyle said the other day that he wished this was the last day of school ever. I don't. That would scare the beggezers outta me. I like school. In fact, i'm really not much looking forward to the end of this year, and to next year. I like now. I like april, and semi school over, but not quite overness. it's comforting.
anyways,
are you working tonight?

------------------
"Everybody thinks i'm such a horrible person, but i have the heart of a little boy. In a jar. On my desk." -Stephen King

Posts: 212 | From: Winnipeg | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celtic Daisy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2971

Hehe, sorry, i'll try and throw some interesting posts out there shawna. Yeah, i agree, i'm gonna be really sad when school is over. Especially next year. I rememeber when i was 5, and i couldn't wait till i was 16, and to when i was finished school, and now i'm 16 and almost finished school and i really wouldn't mind being 5 again. It's kwazy. I hate how fast life started getting once we hit high school and here we are, nearly finished it, and we're almost all grown up, in some ways at least.

Unfortunatly, yeah, i work tonight, but it's a short shift, 4 hours. I work all weekend. Sucks. What about you? I just realized, i didn't see you before you left the school, now i feel kinda bad. Well, i stayed with heder and maro and shwang and anthony, and we ate some fries then sat outside and i came home around 10:30. But now i'm gonna go for a walk, and so i'll see you at school this afternoon.

------------------

Erin Jane
~Scarleteen Advocate~

killer_raincoat
Activist
Member # 6610

Icon 1 posted      Profile for killer_raincoat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
geez erin, slacking off again.

man, april is whizzing by. I have dance championships in two weeks and i'm freaked. Pressure.
But i'm looking forward to going to toronto in may. i've never really been there for more than a few hours.

i wanted to do some sort road trip or something before school's out. But i don't think anyone's parents would let them. Plus your car's dead.

I emailed the donations thing (for scarleteen) to see if i could just send money. i don't know how it works. 10,000 seems like a lot to raise though. yikes.
anyways, get crackin.

------------------
"Everybody thinks i'm such a horrible person, but i have the heart of a little boy. In a jar. On my desk." -Stephen King

Posts: 212 | From: Winnipeg | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celtic Daisy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2971

Yuppers. Actually, the car is prolly gonna be fixed within the next two weeks. I'd like to do something to. Twould be fun, twould.

So i was at work again all weekend. I hate c----. He's a jerk. I've never known anyone so jerky. Most of the time if i'm on a break with someone i know we talk about how much we hate him. I hate him! It's like his job is to make us feel like morons and yell at us.

I went for a bike ride today. The monkey trails are very muddy. It was sooo beautiful, sooo beautiful. I couldn't believe it. It's sooo beautiful out!!!

------------------

Erin Jane
~Scarleteen Advocate~

Celtic Daisy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2971

"when in the springtime of the year when the trees are crowned with leaves, when the ash and oak, and the birch and yew, are dressed in ribbons fair, when owls call the breathless moon in the blue veil of the night, the shadows of the trees appear amidst the lantern light."

I love loreena mckennitt. Such good music. So yes shawna, i am finally "updating". Works being a pain again. I hate c--k-. So that's nothing new. I've decided to quit wal-mart in a couple of months. The hours are killing me. I'm on 22-27 hours a week, that's not good for a 16 year old grade 11 student. They have me on till closing a lot too, and i'm on every weekend for close to 20 hours. I'd prefer to be out by the end of may, early june. It will be relieving. I never time to do anything with my friends on the weekends or really anytime now. My mom's encouraging me to start putting my resume at other places now because she says i'm getting way to worn out.

I was pretty high a couple of days this week. I missed our bio unit test on tuesday because of it, so on wednesday i did it. On tuesday they made a plan to have a pancake breakfast in bio because it was our student teachers last day. We made bacon, pancakes, and eggs all in the classroom, it was pretty fun.

Geez, after 9 already. OH darn...i missed angel..sigh, i'll have to go check out www.televisionwithoutpity.com. Aww well, i'll survive.

I'm gonna head off now because i wanna take a bath and then go play final fantasy 8.

"suteki da ne..."

------------------

Erin Jane
~Scarleteen Advocate~

Celtic Daisy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2971

Okay, so today is the day i start thinking about where i can apply for a new job. I have a couple of places in mind and i was going to go get applications today, but i'm kinda sick/stressed out. I have a really bad headache as well as an overall bad feeling. I got my hours messed up yesterday and ended up having to work, when i thought i had the night off, now, working, with really bad cramps, and this sharp pain in my back(which, if it doesn't go away within a week) and a bad headache and a feeling of bitchiness, is not my idea of fun. Basically, looking at my hours, and then stumbling home in the rainy dark at getting there around 11, was the last straw, and the last push i needed to realize i need to get out of wal-mart.

I dyed my hair a couple of days ago. It's kinda orangish/reddish/strawberry blond. I really like it. I got a million compliments on it, and of course that always feels good. I might go a little darker later.

So, i had some wild and kwazy dreams last night. First i dreamt it was raining out and this cat that looked exactly .like mittens came in, but it was eaven meaner(if you can imagine, heh) and i knew it wasn't her. Sam kept getting mad and hitting it then mittens came and chased it outside.
Next, i was at a beach, and with some guy, and me and him wanted to go on a boat, but someone took it, so we had to swim after it, but i couldn't touch the bottom of the lake we were at so he had to carry me. Then all of sudden we were running in the rain through a forest, and then my mom came in and asked me if i was going to school this afternoon.

It's been a long time since i've played ff8 so i'm thinking maybe i'll drag the PS2 to my room so i can play it, and watch dvd's all afternoon and evening. It's weird, i've had no appetite for the past 2 days. My stomache isn't really upset, just...i dunno. Actually, i'm feeling semi-hungry now, seeing as i haven't eaten anything yet, so maybe i'll grab so tater chips or something. But i think i need a shower first. Well, these posts always turn out so long. Okay, i'm leaving. :P

------------------

Erin Jane
~Scarleteen Advocate~

Celtic Daisy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2971

I already told maro about this but so what, and maro, don't tell anyone who it was.

So i've been starting to have weird dreams again. Some of my weird dreams are really scary. Last year i had two rape dreams. Those were really really really scary. I have this subconscious fear of being raped because i know i'm small and i'm not exactly difficult to over power. Anywho, this dream wasn't really scary, just weird. I was at a table sitting with a few people and a certain guy, one who i've never actually talked to or hung out with or anything of the like was behind me and all of a sudden he started putting his arm around me, and it was really weird. It reminded me of my brief james thing which lasted in 3 in person meetings, but when we were together he would hold my hand and stuff and just hold me, and it's kwazy how good it can feel when it's someone you actually like. The dream was so real because that's what it felt like. A mix of incredible goodness as well as a hell of a lot of nervousness. (That's what i got out of my 3 "date" dating experience, one day in the future i hope to have more. :P Sux, cause sometimes i get really needy)

So yeah, wal-mart has been quit, my last day is the 10th. I'm out job hunting a lot, i'm not done my homework and that sux. i think i'll just hand it in on monday. That'll be a nice week late, but better late then never, eh? I'm such a procrastinator. Awful awful stuff.

------------------

Erin Jane
~Scarleteen Advocate~

Celtic Daisy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2971

I already told maro about this but so what, and maro, don't tell anyone who it was.

So i've been starting to have weird dreams again. Some of my weird dreams are really scary. Last year i had two rape dreams. Those were really really really scary. I have this subconscious fear of being raped because i know i'm small and i'm not exactly difficult to over power. Anywho, this dream wasn't really scary, just weird. I was at a table sitting with a few people and a certain guy, one who i've never actually talked to or hung out with or anything of the like was behind me and all of a sudden he started putting his arm around me, and it was really weird. It reminded me of my brief james thing which lasted in 3 in person meetings, but when we were together he would hold my hand and stuff and just hold me, and it's kwazy how good it can feel when it's someone you actually like. The dream was so real because that's what it felt like. A mix of incredible goodness as well as a hell of a lot of nervousness. (That's what i got out of my 3 "date" dating experience, one day in the future i hope to have more. :P Sux, cause sometimes i get really needy)

So yeah, wal-mart has been quit, my last day is the 10th. I'm out job hunting a lot, i'm not done my homework and that sux. i think i'll just hand it in on monday. That'll be a nice week late, but better late then never, eh? I'm such a procrastinator. Awful awful stuff.

------------------

Erin Jane
~Scarleteen Advocate~

somekrazydude
Activist
Member # 6355

Icon 1 posted      Profile for somekrazydude     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey erin!
guess who's back? he he. yeah so you double posted. just thought i'd point that out. yeah so i applied and dropped off my resumes at a bunch of places but no guarantees about getting a job. sure am crossing my fingers though. *crosses fingers* so, it's too bad you're working this weekend...at least i think you are but at least next week's yer last! yay for you. know what? it doesn't even matter to me if i get hired at walmart, despite yer horror stories, a job's a job. i'm pretty sure i'll change my tune if i ever do get hired there, heh. anyways, see you later and have a good weekend since i probably won't see you for the whole weekend anyways. later!

------------------
"It's only after you've lost everything that you're free to do anything."

Posts: 76 | From: Winterpeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celtic Daisy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2971

Whoa! Been a while. I started a xanga, so i write some stuff there and little bits here.

So update!

I dyed my hair red, but i went back to blonde, i like it better. It's a little strawberry blondish now because i dyed it over red.

There's this guy i started talking to and i got liking him, so when we were talking last night i told him i liked him, and he said he liked me too, so we went out today. i was nervous, but it was fun. It was a lot more fun with ---- then it was with j----. He was always trying to be right with me all the time and it made me horribly nervous as well as uncomfortable. I was pretty comfortable with a--- today, we had fun.

------------------

Erin Jane
~Scarleteen Advocate~

Celtic Daisy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2971

oh no, adam is reading stuff! Keep out! jj.

So, not much anything interesting. I saw two movies today. "the importance of being earnest" and "insomnia". Both were pretty good. I promise i'll put in a good post sometime soon!!

------------------

Erin Jane
~Scarleteen Advocate~

Celtic Daisy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2971

So, not much anything interesting. I saw two movies today. "the importance of being earnest" and "insomnia". Both were pretty good. I promise i'll put in a good post sometime soon!!

------------------

Erin Jane
~Scarleteen Advocate~

Celtic Daisy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2971

------------------

Erin Jane
~Scarleteen Advocate~

Celtic Daisy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2971

------------------

Erin Jane
~Scarleteen Advocate~

luscious_leslee
Activist
Member # 6912

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luscious_leslee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
whoa... a quadruple post! yikes erin love! oooohhh erin and adam... oohhh smoochie smoochie. nah just jokes. well not really just jokes but i'll try not to pull that kind of stuff. anyways.. haven't talked to you in a really long time. just the occasional hey's and hello's.. whoa flying cats. anyways... see ya around deary.
Posts: 91 | From: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celtic Daisy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2971

GASP! She's alive! I know, it's been awhile. I apolagize to anyone who reads this. So, what's been going on. Today was Canada Day, and i woke up in a bad mood, which kinda ruined the day. We biked up to the forks but i was being a brat all day, and ended up feeling bad about it. At osbourne was fun though. I was gonna buy this really pretty dress, but the size was too small in the bust area. There's a big downtown festival next weekend and she said if i come by, she should have the same dress in a larger size, so hopefully she still will.

I saw this guy there, that i keep seeing, and it's not like i see him in the same place, but all over winnipeg. This was the third time. The first time was at the Mediaeval baebes concert a month or so ago. The second time i nearly hit him with my car, when he was crossing a street near my house when he shouldn't have, hehe. And the third time was today, in the village. Kwaziness. I just thought that was interesting. I only remember him, because me and leslee were sitting by the men's washroom at the WECC saying which guys we thought were cute, and we said if he cleaned up a little he'd be really cute. Haha! Yeah, that's me and leslee, always looking out for the hotties!

I'm hoping to get a call from ipsos reid about a job this week. I really have to pay back my debts. It's been far too long since i had any spending money as well. (thanks mom!

I'm volunteering at the fringe festival this year. I just got my scheduale, and i get 5 free tickets. That's really kewl. I've never actually been to a show, so i'm quite excited to go. I'm trying to fill up my summer with as much as possible, so i'm not bored while shawna and heather are at camp.

All right, it's late, i'm tired, i'm going to sleep.

------------------

Erin Jane
~Scarleteen Advocate~

Celtic Daisy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2971

I wrote this in my other online journal, but i decided to share it here as well.

I was watching this movie in my room where his girl was dying in the hospital and it made me start to cry and then i noticed an IV in her arm and a piece of...a board or something on her arm, and i suddenly remembered i had that when i was in the hospital. Then i remembered a nurse telling me to keep my arm moving with it on, because my arm wasn't outta commision. I had to IV's in my arm.

Then i started crying because i couldn't really remember what happened in the hospital and at that time. I think it's because i was almost comotose, and i just couldn't function, and i really was almost in a como, not like saying i was tired or something.

I can remember the doctor's office, and almost everything that happened there, and then i remember going home quickly to grab some stuff to take to the hospital, and my mom telling cory and he came and asked me if i was okay. I didn't know what was going on though. Then we went to the emergency room, and we immediatly went into a room where they lay me on the table and stuck to IV's in my arm, i think it was my right, and a needle in my left, i think. I can remember going up in an elevator and a nurse helping me, and i remember the hospital room. Everything in the hopsital is kinda a blur. My family came and visited, and doctor's talked to me, and took blood and stuck me with needles, and nicole came and saw me once. My arm was in a lot of pain from the insulin being pumped into me, which can hurt a lot, and her mom kept putting a warm cloth on my arm, and i remember crying a lot. The first night i was there a nurse came in every hour to take blood through one of the IV's to see if my blood sugar was coming down.

Lots of people talked to me, and tried to explain what was going on, but i really don't remember it. There were a lot of tears from everyone and a lot of confusion. I was so confused when people were trying to tell me i couldn't eat what i wanted, i don't remember anyone ever really explaining that while i was in the hospital. When we left, my mom gave me a needle and i thought it would be the last one. Over 5000 needles later, i know i'm far from the last. We went downstairs to the cafeteria and i said i wanted to eat when i got home, but i wasn't allowed, i had to eat then, and i couldn't understand it. I

It was a lot to take in. I was 10.

------------------

Erin Jane
~Scarleteen Advocate~

Celtic Daisy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2971

Been a while, eh? Let's catch up.

At the end of August I was a camp counselor at a diabetic camp. I looked after the 8-9 girls. It was great fun. I got to see some old friends and just had a great time.

A few days after that I started grade 12. All my classes are straightened out now. I had to take photography this semester and now I'm the only grade 12 student in the class, which I love. Probably party because I have the best teacher and I get all the grade 12 attention. Last week I was this cute Aussie exchange student how to print pictures and I got stop bath on my arm. That stuff burns and peals. Ouchy! I had to put baking soda on it till it turned purple and then it felt fine.

I joined the Student Group Meetings Commitee(SGM). My photography teacher is the supervisor person. She's good fun. It's a really awesome program and it's fun to be involved in. Last week we had stuff organized for national coming out day. We had lots of fun.

This afternoon I went for an interview with Teen Touch for their group "Team Youth". I got the 'job'. I'm excited about that. I love doing stuff with new people and when it involves issues teens have to deal with. The guys who interviewed me were really nice too, and I told them some of my point of views and they seemed really interested.

The one thing I regret was at the end of the interview I gave one of the guys a weak handshake. Hahaha! Then I kept thinking, "geez, what a horrible handshake!"

I have to go to bed early tonight. I'm gonna just faint from exhaustion. Today I was really tired when I got up, and my bloodsugar was a little high so after I woke up at 7:30AM and was all set to go I decided to stay home for the morning and go to sleep. Hehe, it was nice though. I'm glad I did it. Even though we just had a long weekend, I dunno, sometimes I just need to do stuff like that. I'm weird.

I just have to share this little note because it's exciting to me. I was working at ipsos-reid a while ago, but I quit, because frankly, telephone surveys are not fun, and the hours a kind of long to be sitting on a phone. Anyhow, I met this cute guy while I was working there, and he got his computer fixed and so last night was the first night I talked to him since he quit. Anywho, he said I was hot. *giggly* I actually don't really like to be told I'm 'hot'. I'd prefer something more like pretty or something like that, but still, a compliments a compliment.

------------------

Erin Jane
~Scarleteen Advocate~

Frog Hunter
Neophyte
Member # 11323

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Frog Hunter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I promise I'll read it all... later...

So is it update time yet?

Posts: 13 | From: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celtic Daisy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2971

Look at me! I'm back!

So, I don't know what happened but someone I wasn't able to access the site. It's been a whole month. I've been scarleteen deprived. That's actually probably a good thing though because I've been going through depression. In the last few weeks I just kind of snapped out of it, and I think it's good that I had a longer break from the computer and scarleteen and had time to think about myself.

When I was really feeling depressed I couldn't figure out why, but now I think I know. There were a few things. In school right now, I just want it to be over, I want it to be all finished with and I wasn't really enjoying my classes. I was bored, I have no afternoon classes, and no job, so from 12 to whenever I was doing nothing. I'm doing things with my time though now, as well as trying to find a job. I was worried about next year. I start University at UofW and I'm scared I'm going to get into a career I don't enjoy. I realized I have a lot of options to do exactly what I want to do. This came as quite a shock somehow and was a big step in snapping out of that funk. I was kind of sad about never having a boyfriend. I realize now I'm rather busy for that anyways. I'm only 17, as well. And I've had the opportunity, but I've never been interested in anyone enough. There is one person right now, if they asked me out I'd say yes, well, one person that I know of. I'm just not intrigued enough by anyone and I don't have the time to pay enough attention to someone else. I'm so glad to be happy again. It's been months since I can remember being happy for any amount of time.

This whole month has really been one of crazy realizations. I realized that I hate pet names. I get a lot of mail through my msn public profile from guys in Winnipeg trying to ask me out. If I even say maybe they start calling me things like "cutie", "sweetie", "honey", etc. You get the idea. I hate that. If I had a boyfriend I would tell him not to call me that. I personally find those kind of words fake and unnappealing. I don't really like romanticism to be too built up either. I don't want some huge display of love.

I know what I'd like to do as a career. I'd like to act as the number one thing, but we'll see. UofW is a great place to get into that. I'm also interested in social work(inspired by my own social worker), history, classics, women's studies and things like that.

There are many more realizations but I've already written quite a lot so I'll save those for another day.

------------------

Erin Jane
~Scarleteen Advocate~

Celtic Daisy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2971

I am 18. I'm changed. I gave my heart away without even realizing it. I supposed I knew what I was doing and I didn't. I had my first kiss. I don't regret it but my heart is so pained I can't believe it. We had barely three weeks together and he left me to move back to VanCity. I never knew I could hurt so bad.
I knew from the start I wanted more then he did, but foolishly I thought I could handle that.
He told me he loved me before he left but I don't think that I believe he was in love with me. On his LJ he talked about other girls, and I could never quite feel as important to him...I'm not sure if this is the truth or if it's because of my lack of trust in the opposite sex.
I miss him, the three weeks felt so much longer then that. I don't think he'll ever realize how much it meant to me. I loved to spend time with him and I miss him.

I don't regret what I've done but I wish that my heart would stop aching so bad.

[This message has been edited by Celtic Daisy (edited 10-24-2003).]

Celtic Daisy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2971

I fall asleep thinking of the way he looked making love to me. I fall asleep thinking of a passionate reunion. I have weird dreams that he never really left and I can see him.

I'm seeing a new boy and I feel awful because I can't focus my attention on him while I still feel this way for Dallas.
I wish I could move on or Dallas would come back.

I'm stupid for getting involved in this situation..I'm stupid for falling for a guy like him, who will never want me the way I want him. A 26 year old who forgot that he was with an inexperienced 18 year old. Even though he said he loved me, I think it was different.

Celtic Daisy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2971

Surprise! I'm alive.
That last post sure is depressing, eh? Where am I now. I'm nearing my twentieth year. I am a second year university student going for my honours in sociology and women's studies. I am striving for a job where I can work with women, preferably, low income inner city women in Winnipeg. I am extremely independent. I'm the only person, let alone the only women, I know who had my RRSP's started when I turned 18. I save my money, I keep my finances in order, and I plan to move out nearing the end of school when I've saved enough money to make a go where I won't be yo-yoing back and forth from my own home to my parents home.

I am in love with Brian. I don't think we'll be together forever, but lately my heart is full of love and I want to cry when I hug him. He is my best friend and my confidant.

I am a 19 year old woman who will take advantage of all the opportunities and choices I am given. I stepped out this year and did what I wanted to do. I started voice lessons because I've always wanted to, I sang karaoke once, I modelled nude, I danced, I stood up for myself, and I learned so much more then I thought I ever could.

And here I am, at the beginning of my life.

------------------
Consciously Naive

Erin Jane
~Scarleteen Advocate~

Celtic Daisy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2971

Surprise! I'm alive.
That last post sure is depressing, eh? Where am I now. I'm nearing my twentieth year. I am a second year university student going for my honours in sociology and women's studies. I am striving for a job where I can work with women, preferably, low income inner city women in Winnipeg. I am extremely independent. I'm the only person, let alone the only women, I know who had my RRSP's started when I turned 18. I save my money, I keep my finances in order, and I plan to move out nearing the end of school when I've saved enough money to make a go where I won't be yo-yoing back and forth from my own home to my parents home.

I am in love with Brian. I don't think we'll be together forever, but lately my heart is full of love and I want to cry when I hug him. He is my best friend and my confidant.

I am a 19 year old woman who will take advantage of all the opportunities and choices I am given. I stepped out this year and did what I wanted to do. I started voice lessons because I've always wanted to, I sang karaoke once, I modelled nude, I danced, I stood up for myself, and I learned so much more then I thought I ever could.

And here I am, at the beginning of my life.

------------------
Consciously Naive

Erin Jane
~Scarleteen Advocate~

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.