Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » MEMBER-ONLY FORUMS » Village People » Aria51 (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Aria51
Aria51
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 653

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aria51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My name's Brianna, but you can call me a B.I.T.C.H.; a Babe In Total Control of Herself.

I'm a single mother. You'd probably figured that out by now. My son was born August 6th, 2000, and is the cutest, sweetest, smartest little boy in the world. At least that's what I'll tell you if you ask. I am not on good terms with his father, so I'm raising him with the help of my mother and my boyfriend, Jeremy.

I'm taking three credit hours at the local community college (read: I'm a slacker, so I'm taking one class.) My dream is to be a secondary school teacher. I've been involved in dramatics since the tender age of five, when the entire church congregation got to see the Virgin Mary's Barbie underpants. I did some directing my Senior year of high school, and am currently assistant-coaching the Freshman dramatics team at my old high school.

I'm about 5'5"-ish, and I weigh a sensual and curvaceous 215 lbs. I have brown eyes and wear glasses all the time because I have really, really poor vision. My haircolor changes bi-monthly because I started going gray at the age of 12. I have big streaks of white at my temples and in the back. My grandfather's hair was completely white by the time he was 22, and I'm sure the same will happen to me. So instead of whining about it, I find some nifty dark color to dye it and it's all good. Right now it's chocolate brown with black tips.

I take operatic singing lessons every Saturday and Sunday, which is one of the reasons I'm never on this board during the weekends. Hopefully I'll be able to shatter some glass soon.

If anyone wants a picture, go ahead and email me at briannabel_lee@yahoo.com and I'll gladly send you one.

Stay tuned for random bits of me-ness.

But not random bits of penis.

------------------
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
I need my conscience to keep watch over me
To protect me from myself
So I can wear honesty like a crown on my head
When I walk into the promised land

Aria of Mayhem

Posts: 1287 | From: Missouri | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aria51
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 653

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aria51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Woo! Took me a while to realize that since this is my thread, I can shamelessly plug my own board! I just started working on its webpage, located RIGHT HERE. You're all welcome to come and check it out and join if you wish. A picture of me is located on that site as well. It's under massive construction, but the music is nifty

Yeah, so this weekend I got TWENTY NINE nasty emails from Evan's father. A mite obsessive if you ask me. I'm not too sure what I should do about it. Funny how he completely ignored us until he found out that the kid's healthy and happy.

And then I read The Mexico Ledger, the town newspaper that honestly isn't big enough to wrap a fish. And of course I flipped to the Opinion page to see if any of my hundreds of letters made it in. They never do because I'm not a bible-thumper and openly admit that I don't believe in the God most of the rest of people in town do. And one article caught my eye. The class of 2000 donated a three-foot-tall statue of Minerva to the highschool, complete with a gorgeous case that one of the disabled students made. They donated it to replace a 7-foot-tall statue of Minerva that the class of 1917 donated, which got accidentally sealed up in one of the old heating ducts during repairs in the '60s. And now some man is angry, claiming that the high school is sending its students straight to Hell because they've displayed a 'false god'. He said the path to true wisdom is through the bible, and that students of today should look to it for knowledge as their forefathers did.
Funny thing, that. For it was their forefathers who donated the statue in the first place.
What really frightens me about this is the very real possibility of Minerva coming down from her place in the hallway of MHS. She was a gift. My graduating class couldn't collect enough money for even a park bench. They donated money weekly to give Minerva to the school. Some kids didn't go to prom because they put the money they had toward Minerva instead. But the administrators at MHS are so worried about the public opinion that I wouldn't be surprised if they took the statue down. Whatever happened to freedom of religion? Freedom of expression? Separation of church and school? Really, people should keep opinions such as these to themselves.

But that's just my opinion. Long live Minerva.

------------------

Aria of Mayhem

Posts: 1287 | From: Missouri | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hurley_GuRl
Neophyte
Member # 1936

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hurley_GuRl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey hey,
how old are you? i'm 13 years old and i'm pregnant, 5 months along. i think u seem like u got your head around the rite way and dat gurl, is a very good thing. can i have your pic? have u got any of your bubba? thanx, michelle.

------------------

Posts: 3 | From: Auckland, New-Zealand | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aria51
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 653

Hurley - I"ll be 20 on December 1.
---------------------------

So today I've been working on cleaning out my bedroom and moving back into it. I got rid of my old computer, which freed up all the counterspace I could ever want. For some reason, the people that built this house decided that half of the upstairs should be a stretch of three bedrooms, and the other half should be one bedroom and a bathroom. Since the big long bedroom is all narrow, my parents gave it to me and called it fair. And for another odd reason, there's a blood red sink in it. But that's not part of the story.
Anyway, so I've had this daybed since I was 12. And I'm so, so tired of it. I haven't slept in it since before Evan was born, because I was always rolling out of it and didn't want to land on my ever-increasing tummy. So I bought a king mattress and put it in our dining room. And i've been sleeping there since July.
So then all of the sudden Mom announces that we're having company for Thanksgiving and I have to move back into the bedroom. I painted it, and I'm ready to put the new bed in. It has this awesome Moroccan frame and is just beautiful. I decided it would look best right where my daybed lives right now.
Let me tell you, daybeds don't fit through bedroom doorways. They don't fit sideways. They don't fit standing up. And they get stuck if you try to flip them over. So there I was, stuck in my room with this bed wedged in the doorway. I pulled out my set of wrenches I got last year for Christmas and proceeded to start taking it apart. Or tried to, anyway. You see, there was ONE WRENCH MISSING FROM THE SET. And of course, it was the one I needed.
So I grabbed a pair of pliers and tried loosening the nuts on it. And ended up with very round nuts and a pile of metal shavings on the floor.
I tried the little Dremel drill that's supposed to cut through anything. It doesn't. Instead, it got stuck and its motor burned out.
So I tried again to get the bedframe either into or out of the room, because I really, really had to go to the bathroom. It just succeeded in getting even more stuck than it had before. I pushed and pulled for the better part of an hour and a half.
By this time, I had to go to the bathroom so bad it hurt. And I got all these images of holding-it-in horror stories. And suddenly, I remembered having to call the mop-and-bucket lady when I had Evan.
The sink. I was desperate. But that was... gross. So I stood by the sink pondering this whole thing, and I saw the window. The window, the wonderful wonderful window. It's wider than my door! So with a burst of strength I pulled the frame into my bedroom, splintering the doorway on its way through by the way, opened the window, and pushed it right through.
After using the bathroom, which was ORGASMIC, I leaned out the window to have a look.
Daybeds don't survive a three-story drop very well. And neither does the ground they land on at high speeds. So I'm standing there trying to figure out just what to do with this tangled mass of bent metal in the yard, which has sunk into the ground deep enough to look like we planted it there.

And I found the damn wrench.

------------------

Whee! No more contact info!

[This message has been edited by Aria51 (edited 03-31-2003).]

Mophead
Activist
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mophead     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shucks. And I was looking forward to the random bits of penis...

------------------
My menstrual diary
Updated as often as my uterus

Posts: 752 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aria51
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 653

You can't get much more random than this -- http://www.panpecker.com/panpeckers.htm

Penis-shaped potholders.

-------------

Today, I ran into my brother's roommate / secret girlfriend. He's going through a long and messy divorce, so he's married, but not for long. He takes in a woman as his roommate, and he came and visited me in the hospital last August and confessed that they were dating. I said I'd keep it a secret from his soon-to-be-ex-wife. I told my mother and she's been quiet about it too. They'd been dating since May, and my brother's wife left him in January. Everyone needs companionship, and this woman seems really sweet. She's quiet and she always has to stop and say hi to my baby when I see her out and about.
So anyway, today I was shopping in a new maternity store for a gift for one of my friends. And this woman, I'll call her Polly, comes out of a dressing room! Pregnant! I went up to her, and I said "Hey Polly, how are you?" And she said "Oh... um... fine... Have you talked to your brother yet?" and I said no. She said, "Oh, I thought he told you guys..."

My niece, Autumn Rose, is due to be born around March 13.

And all I can think of is how badly this is going to muck up his divorce.

------------------

Aria of Mayhem

Aria51
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 653

Happy Birthday to Me,
I Am Now Twen-Tee,
uh.. My Socks Look Like Monkeys,
and.. I'm allergic to.. bees.

Yeah, ok.

But they really do look like monkeys.

------------------

Aria of Mayhem

Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
cute sox. i am wearing fuzzy slippers. i am twenty. i am not allergic to bees, as i found out as i was attacked during philosophy discussion.

------------------
Someday, I will have a sexy car...a very...sexy...car!

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aria51
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 653

*purrrrr.* I just got the three CD's I ordered for myself for my birthday in the mail today. I came home from shopping out of town and found the Barnes and Noble box all torn up and strewn about the yard, but the cds were laying in a little pile unharmed. Damn that dog of mine.
I ordered Vampire Rituals: Gothic Music From The Deepest Depths of Hell ; The Unquiet Grave 2000: Music From The Gothic, Darkwave, Industrial, EBM, and Ethereal Underground ; and This Is Goth!
THEY ROCK. I listened to Vampire Rituals and got soooo relaxed, it's beautiful, beautiful instrumental music. The Unquiet Grave rocks equally as hard, the first cd starts out with a great chanty song by The Moors and the second has all the great industrial stuff i love. Haven't had a chance to listen to This Is Goth! yet. But it sounds pretty good, what with Alien Sex Fiend, Inkubus Sukkubus, Gene Loves Jezebel, Big Electric Cat, Switchblade Symphony, Christian Death, Specimen, and the like.
It's all patheticish, but getting these cds in the mail made my entire week.

------------------

Aria of Mayhem

Aria51
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 653

It's sooooooo very cold outside today. And inside. Since dad doesn't live with us anymore, and he's the only one who knows how to turn up the fuel-oil furnace, and it's hella-expensive to run the electric furnace, and the windows leak, and the cats keep knocking the door open, it's really cold in here. Evan's been wearing heavy pajamas all week and I wish I could do the same thing, but mine are all cute and silky and not very warm. And I won't have a warm Jeremy The Wonder Boy to cuddle with this weekend because the roads are really icy and I'd rather he stays at home. He can cuddle with his roommate Chester. hehe.
Speaking of Jeremy, a few days before halloween, i was putting together a costume for my little (is 18 little anymore? Hrm.) sister and showed him my mom's wedding dress. He said "Oh yeah, that reminds me, I'm moving to Chicago next summer and I want you to come with me." Strange, that. He's applying for a job that'll make him about 35.000 to start, which is pretty decent considering he's just 20 and never went to college. He'll be working at Sphere, some sort of new telecommunications company. Now it's looking more and more likely that he'll get this job, and more and more likely that Evan and I will be going with him. I've been to Chicago once in my life, my sophomore year of high school, and he's the only person my age I'll know, but I'll chalk it up to An Adventure. Next Friday is a special day for us, it marks the first time we kissed and all that good stuff. And it's the last time I'll see him before New Year's. And guess what? I got him a ring. It's just a plain silver band with a triangle engraved inside (long story that has meaning only to us) and I'm proposing. I'm not as nervous as I was when I first decided that I'd do it. It's going to be so exciting. I'll post the details after I do it just in case he has a spy out or something.
And if all that's not exciting enough, I beat Majora's Mask. (Zelda 125, or whatever number in the series it is) It was so very easy, but I got this great sense of accomplishment because I played it in little ten-minute chunks and it really didn't take me all that long. And I finished a book I started reading last year and had forgotten about until I started unpacking my stuff from the semester I spent in the dorms. It's a beautifully written book, and I started reading it again as soon as I finished it. It's called The God Of Small Things, by Arundhati Roy.

Woo hoo. That's enough babbling for today.

------------------

Aria of Mayhem

Aria51
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 653

I am so bored and lonely, it's maddening.

Whee! I'm editing out all my contact info from back in the day before we had the no-contact-info rule.

[This message has been edited by Aria51 (edited 03-31-2003).]

StarryRedhead
Activist
Member # 607

Icon 1 posted      Profile for StarryRedhead     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just wanted to let you know I LOVE your taste in music! There's very few people I know that are into industrial around my area, it's mostly just my boyfriend and I, it's pretty sad! And let me know how This is Goth! is, I saw that on ebay last week and was thinking of getting it. Keep rocking out and good luck on Friday!

------------------
}{*Starry Ali*}{
"You flicker. And you're beautiful. You glow inside my head. You hold me hypnotized, I'm mesmerized..."
My Webpage-Alisons Life

Posts: 367 | From: NY, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aria51
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 653

This Is Goth! is absolutely awesome. Usually in compliations like that, the music all sounds basically the same, but it isn't really the case here, because there's a great mix of the slow mopey goth stuff and the industrial goth stuff. And pretty much everything in between. I was surprised to see a Switchblade Symphony track on one of the discs, because they're so much more well-known than everything else on it.
So since you like industrial, do you listen to Skinny Puppy? I first heard some of their stuff about a year ago and i think it's great

------------------

Aria of Mayhem

Aria51
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 653

I spent all day doing my holiday shopping today. I have two brothers, a sister, a sister-in-law, a soon-to-be-ex-sister-in-law, a son, a mother, a father, a boyfriend (soon-to-be-fiancee, I hope!), a best friend, a niece, a soon-to-be-niece (she'll be born in March -- the 15th, I hope ), and my boyfriend's parents and sister on my list this year. Here's what I got them. More for my own records than your enjoyment, but enjoy anyway

BROTHERS
Brother 1: Minnesota Vikings (yea!) jersey
Brother 2: Seven Platinum Ed. DVD

SISTERS
Sister: King Of The Hill PC game
SIL: Go on DVD (great movie.)
STBESIL: Two things. Jack and nothing. Yet.
BF'sS: Hot Topic gift certificate

PARENTS
Mom: Alfred Hitchcock VHS collection
Dad: a bunch of mixed nuts and a nutcracker
BF's Parents: Norwegian cookies that I made

YOUNGIN's
Evan: This really awesome winter snowsuit, on sale at Baby Gap for $20. It had been $70. It's silver with black trim on the sleeves and hood, and white fur around the hood, with blaze-orange zipper pulls. It rocks.
Niece: A damn Poo-Chi. Those things are a witch to wrap.
Soon-To-Be-Niece: a Boppy pillow

OTHERS
Boyfriend: An engagement ring
Best friend: Nightmare Before Christmas t-shirt

I'm so glad I'm done shopping. I love cramming it all into one day, that way it's a lot easier to keep track of how much I've spent. And I'm a total mall-rat. I ran into a girl I didn't really know in High School, she is the sweetest thing, and she stopped me and told me that even though we didn't talk much, she was glad that I was always nice to her because no one else was. I had to hold back tears. She's really soft spoken, the nicest person in the world, she has a great spirit and personality, but she's quite obese. So she was ridiculed in high school by almost everyone. I'd always take the time to say hi and stuff when she'd go on drama trips with us. I didn't know that such a little act of kindness meant something to someone. Made my day.

Jeremy's coming up to visit tomorrow. I'm getting nervous again! I haven't seen him in over two weeks and it will be so nice to be with him again. I sometimes wonder if he knows what I'm planning, and if he does, what he thinks about it. I've been listening to the song By Your Side by Sade over and over today, it makes me think of our relationship and how great it is. If he says yes, then I'm going to see about having it played at our wedding. What am I saying, IF? If he loves me and enjoys our relationship as much as I do, he'll say yes. Aaaaaaah. Darned butterflies. Or moths with unusually dense dorsal tufts... heh. That's enough babbling.

Happy Holidays, Scarleteeners! Love to all.

------------------

Aria of Mayhem

Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dorsal tufts. cool. anyway, good luck and fortune to the two of you mazeltov.

------------------
Someday, I will have a sexy car...a very...sexy...car!

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aria51
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 653

Oh my stars, you guys! My weekend rocked so much!! On Friday, I went through with my Master Plan. We were laying in bed and I said "I want to give you your Christmas present now" and he said "Yeah, me too."
So we both pull out little boxes annnnnd...

taa-daaa! (yeah, extreme closeup of my hand, woo!) He had the same idea! Are we perfect for eachother or what?! We're both so excited.

------------------

Aria of Mayhem

Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OMG, I am so HAPPY for you.

Congratulations.

Sheesh, I get so happy when I'm not even the one being proposed to. But, very very happy for you.

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aria51
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 653

I haven't slept for ten days, because that's just too long.

I think the Pringles company set out to make tennis balls. But on the day the rubber was supposed to arrive, a shipment of potatoes came instead. But Pringles is a laid-back company, so they said **** it, cut 'em up!

My apartment is infested by koala bears. It's the cutest infestation ever.

I never say "hey, here comes that frog" in a fearful way. I always say it kinda optimistic, like "hey, here comes that frog. Maybe he'll settle next to me so I can pet him. And put him in a mayonnaise jar with a stick and a leaf to recreate what he's used to."

This shirt is dry-clean only. Which means, it's DIRTY.

I love Mitch Hedberg.

------------------

Aria of Mayhem

Aria51
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 653

Wow. I didn't know this much beauty could exist in the written word. Something from Gibran Kahlil Gibran:

You were born together,
And together you shall be forever more.
You shall be together
When the white wings of death scatter your days.
Ay, you shall be together
Even in the silent memory of God.
But let there be spaces in your togetherness,
And let the winds of the heavens dance between you.

Love one another,
But make no bond of love:
Let it rather be a moving sea
Between the shores of your souls.

Fill each other's cup,
But drink not from one cup.
Give one another of your bread,
But eat not from the same loaf.

Sing and dance together and be joyous,
But let each one of you be alone,
Even as the strings of a lute are alone
Though they quiver with the same music.
Give your hearts, but not into each other's keeping.
For only the hand of Life can contain your hearts.
And stand together yet not too near together:
For the pillars of the temple stand apart,
And the oak tree and the cypress grow
Not in each other's shadow

------------------

Aria of Mayhem

Aria51
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 653

Last weekend was nice. Jeremy came over on Friday, but as usual, he went to bed around 9. I was really tired, but I had to stay up and wait for someone to come home so I could go to bed, or for Evan to fall asleep. He sure didn't. In fact, he was really bratty. For the second time ever. Kicking, hitting, grabbing my glasses off my face, pulling my hair, crying, crying, crying. Hungry, but too wound up to eat. I tossed him around for a while (gently!), got him laughing really hard, but as soon as I stopped he'd start being annoying again. Silly, silly child. Finally my mom came home from work at midnight, so I could go to bed. Evan stayed awake until 1 AM. He doesn't sleep much lately, which means I don't sleep much lately either. I'm a walking, cranky zombie most days.

So then on Saturday, Jeremy and I went to his town (it's about 45 minutes away) because Mom said that I needed to spend a night away from the baby. It was so nice. We got dinner at Ruby Tuesday, which was spooky because a guy died there last year. Not from the food though. Then we took out a hotel room and just spent quality time together until about 10.
Then we went to the Down Under Bar (The DUB Pub) because Apocalypse Theatre was playing. Too bad they didn't take the stage until 12:30. The band that was playing when we got there was really good, they did some nice Kill Switch covers and the lead singer chick was really nice.
The second band, however, sucked. The lead singer guy was trying to look like David Bowie and sing like Robert Smith. He didn't pull either off very well.
My ex was there, and he kept pacing back and forth behind my chair, just glaring at me and telling people how bitchy I apparently am. I think he needs to get over it already. I completely ignored him, which was a great accomplishment for me. Usually when he's around, I get just violently angry and start yelling and sometimes throwing things. But I was having a good time, so I was able to keep myself in check. Even when someone came up to me and asked How Could You Even Think About Leaving Your Baby Home Alone While You Go Out And Get Drunk And Whore Yourself Around? And I answered, I Don't Drink And I Have A Wonderful Babysitter, And By The Way, Who Are You To Judge My Actions? Hmph. People.
so FINALLY Apox took the stage. They did their usual setup, big stack of barrels set on fire, different types of drumming surfaces, and a ring of fire on the front of the stage. But their micropones didn't work. They gave lots of feedback, and it was pretty obvious there were some shorts in some of wires. They played on, and I went to the front of the crowd with my friend Kitty and danced for the first time in ages. But then the band had to stop playing, so the lead chick just stood there talking about random things while people fooled around with her microphone. She said, "Who's from Minneapolis?!" (that's where the band is from at the moment, they've also been located in Saint Louis and Washington, DC) and I said "I'm from Fargo!" and she said "Fargo Sucks!" and I said "That's Why I'm Here!" Heh. The feedback and everything was getting pretty bad, so I collected my coat and my fiancee, and we left.
Sunday, I was able to sleep in until 9 AM. Jeremy and I checked out and went to Country Kitchen for breakfast, where this person sitting across from us kept asking us really weird questions. I say person because their name was Jo(e) and it was hard to tell by sight or conversation what the gender was. Jo(e) asked all about my ring, questions that made Jeremy really uncomfortable like, How Much Did It Cost and What Kind Of Work Do You Do To Be Able To Afford It and How Did You Find A Ring In Her Size Because She Has Pretty Chubby Fingers. Grr. Rude person. Then, out of nowhere, came When You Guys Are Done Eating, Do You Want To Come To My Place? We politely declined and left. We drove around for hours, laughing and talking. At 2 I met my mom, kissed Jeremy goodbye, and went home. Siiigh.

So now I'm sitting here, rocking Evan in his little chair with my toe. I had a great weekend without him, but coming home was wonderful because I was once again able to hold him and play with him and all that lovely stuff. Sometimes I feel bad for having to leave by myself to have fun, that I should really be spending all of my time with him, but when I try to do that, I go nuts. I guess I'll just be stuck for a little longer.

------------------

Aria of Mayhem

Aria51
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 653

I'm not so in control of myself lately.

This past week, I've been constanly angry. Angry at my ex for not caring about his "son". Angry at myself for letting him get to me. Angry at myself for putting off registering for school, and consequently losing my health insurance for a few months. Angry because my father is coming to visit.

I try so hard to have a good relationship with my father. I really do. We're just two completely different people. He likes things to be his way or no way at all. According to him, I am raising my son wrong, taking the wrong classes in school, the wrong weight, I do the wrong things with my time. I tell him that I'm trying to live my life the best I can. He says "Yes, I know, but you can live it so much better."
And that hurts. I did not have it in my plans to get pregnant and have to drop out of my dream college. I did not plan to be in an abusive, controlling relationship through high school and another in college. I did not plan to gain tons of weight and be an embarrassment to him. I did not plan to "ruin" my life like I have. But damnit, I'm trying my best. I'm taking care of my son. I've cut all ties with my abusive exes, and I'm trying to heal. I'm trying to take care of myself. But every single time he comes home, I'm reminded of the mistakes I've made. I try to reason with him. I try to show him that even though I'm not turning out to be the person he wants me to be, I'm turning out to be the best person i CAN be. He tears me down emotionally, no matter how hard I try to not let it get to me. Then he acts like there's nothing wrong between us. He brags to his friends about what a wonderful grandson he has. He brags about how well I can act and sing. He paints a picture of a beautiful relationship... that isn't there.

It's never been there. He was never around when I was a child. Never. He was always out fishing. Or taking my brothers hunting. He missed every single concert and play I was in until my senior year. By choice. In seventh grade, I had my first big operatic solo in choir. He stayed home to chat on the internet. In eighth grade, I took first place in a statewide poetry competition. I recited in french. He stayed home to go fishing. In ninth grade, I sang backup at a Judy Collins concert with only 29 other hand-selected students. He went to the bar. Tenth grade, I had a part in Annie Get Your Gun. Internet. The Nutt Family. Bar. Eleventh grade. Big part in Seven Brides for Seven Brothers. Fishing. Lead part in Up The Down Staircase. Internet. Assistant-Directed a children's theatre production over the summer. Hunting. Stage managed another one. Internet. Directed South Pacific. Internet. Directed Deadwood Dick. Internet. Competed in the National Forensics League STATE competition. Didn't give a reason for staying home. He went to my high school graduation because my mom dragged him. That was the worst. He took pictures of all the pretty girls in my class. Ones I don't know. Ones I don't care to know. Took one picture of me. Gave me a large check and said "Hope this makes you happy."

Always trying to buy me off. I don't need his money. I need his TIME. His ATTENTION. His UNDERSTANDING. But never his money. It makes me feel cheap.

Then last summer, my mother confronted him about all the fighting we were doing. She said that he'd never been there for his daughters, but he'd always been around for his sons. So he gave me more money. A car. A computer. All the baby things I needed. All the material posessions that didn't do a thing to fill the space in my life HE was supposed to occupy.

When he learned I was having a boy, he was over the moon. He told everyone he knew. He sent out my ultrasound pictures on the internet. He sat in my delivery room, yelling at me to "shut up and push". And then he followed the baby to the nursery. That's my grandson. That's my fishing buddy. Now he comes home whenever he can, and tells me exactly what I'm doing wrong in raising the baby. Undermines my authority. Patronizes me.

I hate having such issues with my father. I wish I could see him for the good person I'm sure he is. But I can't get over my resentment. I feel like a horrible daughter. Maybe I am.

------------------

Aria of Mayhem

ErinK
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1371

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ErinK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ya know, my dad was constantly on my butt about my weight from the time I was very small (just to pick one example), and I finally had to stand up to him, and it was one of the hardest things I've ever done.

He did it out of "concern" and "love," too. The lst time he tried this conversation, at Christmas, it went a little something like this:

Dad: "Well, I'm concerned about your health. [Dad code word for: you're fat and this means you'll die] Can I tell you when I'm concerned about you?"

Me: "Sure, dad, as long as you don't mind me telling you when you're being a schmuck in doing so."

Dad: "Uh, okay."

Diet conversation dropped. Now, granted, it's taken me six years, moving halfway across the country, and some therapy to get to that point, but he just doesn't get to tell me what's wrong with me and how to fix it anymore. In return, I don't tell him what's wrong with his life and how to fix it.

Aria, you don't deserve *anyone* telling you that you could "live your life better." You know that you're living it the best that you can, so he should just go pound salt.

And I know you were just venting, but it struck a big chord in me, and I wanted to offer you some encouragement in standing up to him, even if it's just in small ways, and not letting people tear you down.

Oh, and the image of your ring isn't showing up upthread. Can I see it?

Heaping good thoughts upon you,

Erin

Posts: 3077 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aria51
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 653

So very, very tired.

I haven't slept more than a few hours since my dad got here. I'm tired, maddeningly tired, but I can't fall asleep, no matter what I do. I don't want to take any sleep-inducing things of any sort, because I need to be able to be somewhat awake and alert if Evan needs something. The good part is, though, that since my dad and my brother are here for a while, if I need to go space off in my room for a while, I can, because they like watching Evan. They all watched the superbowl tonight while I strung holiday lights all over my room.

I had to unwrap a blanket from Evan's head this morning. It happens every morning after someone other than me puts him to bed. Babies don't need blankets. They're so dangerous. But they think he's cold.
This time was the worst yet. He was pale when I took it off his head, took a few gasps, and turned pink and started wailing. And the strange thing is, I had no reason to go check on him... I just suddenly found myself in his room. I comforted him and put him back to bed without a blanket and he was fine. I think i'm going to have to put them under lock for a while, and just keep one in the car for trips.

I'm so tired, I'm hearing things again. Just like I did when I first brought Evan home. And I'm having the weird dreams again. This afternoon I took a short nap and found myself chatting with Matty. He asked about Evan, about Jeremy, about my mom, and why i haven't been to visit him lately. I told him it's too cold to visit. He said he got my flowers, squeezed my hand, and I woke up.

Matty's been gone for 2 years. He died in a stupid car accident because he was stupidly not wearing his seatbelt. Stupidly going too fast on gravel, and stupidly slammed on his brakes. He went through the windshield. He would've gotten away with just maybe a broken pelvis, concussion, whiplash, broken ribs, something FIXABLE if he'd just taken a second to fasten his damned seatbelt. But he didn't. He lingered in the hospital for 2 days on life support. His mother couldn't pay for it anymore. He didn't have any brain activity. ANY. They unplugged him and he was gone. No one was allowed to see him, but we all sat as close as we could to his room and burned candles. Sang a few songs. Held eachother and cried. Prayed and prayed and prayed for a miracle. None of us slept for those 2 days. I went home and locked myself in my room for a week. I didn't go to school, I didn't let anyone see me. I didn't sleep much. I heard sounds then, too.

I felt sad about it at first. Then angry. He had such a full life before him. He was in one of the best bands in town. Had a 4.0 average. 31 on his ACTs. Got into Stanford. Years and years of life ahead of him. Decades. Almost a century. And in an instant, it was gone.

All because he didn't want to take the time to fasten his seatbelt.

And now that I've shared that, I feel a little more clear-headed. I'm going to go try this sleeping thing again.

------------------

Aria of Mayhem

Aria51
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 653

Well, as of 5:45 this morning, I'm a double auntie. My eldest brother's ex-girlfriend had a baby girl, who weighed in at 7 pounds 10 ounces, just 1 ounce less than I weighed when I was born. I'm kind of happy, babies are great and everything, but I have a sinking feeling that I'm never going to meet this baby.

The Ex Girlfriend found out she was pregnant the day before I went to the hospital to start having Evan. She and my brother decided to wait until all the Evan-excitement had died down to tell anyone. And since I come from a very male-centered family, the excitement everyone feels is still very high. He's the first male grandchild, the first male great-grandchild. We finally found out about the new baby around Christmastime, and nobody got excited about her!! My brother told my father that the baby was coming, and he just said "Oh, that's nice." My mother didn't buy anything for the baby until about a month ago, and my sister doesn't seem to care at all. So there's not really the --interest-- to meet her there... except for mine. I want to see her and hold her and all those great things. I want my son to meet her and I want them to grow up together. My fiance is taking the day off tomorrow to watch Evan while I go visit The Ex Girlfriend and the baby in the hospital, but that might not happen because she's not really all that into having visitors right now.

And here's something that really burns my biscuits -- She was in the hospital for 12 hours before the baby was born. She didn't call my brother until 10 this morning to tell him about it!!! They're great friends, and he's spent as much of his money as he can on things for her and the baby. He's putting the baby on his health insurance, and the baby is taking his last name. But this woman didn't feel the need to call the father of her child to tell him anything. He's upset, and I'm upset. He went to see her, and called me afterwards almost in tears, needing to talk to someone. He's so deeply hurt that she didn't call -- and all because her friends told her not to. Arrrgh.

So here I am, itching to meet a baby no-one else except for her father is interested in. It's sad and unfair. I just hope my family treats --MY-- daughters better than they're treating her.

------------------

Aria of Mayhem

Aria51
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 653

Whew, what a week! I got so much done. I picked out my dress, and I'm going to go have it fitted and pay for it when I'm in Minneapolis this June. It is bee-yoo-tee-full!! We got our final budget worked out, and we're pretty happy with it. I told my mother that we will not under any circumstances consider getting married in a church, and she was completely supportive and understanding. My father, however...
I don't know. It's my wedding. Getting married in a church would be very hypocritical of me, and would completely betray my beliefs. So right now we're looking for a non-churchy location. Since we're looking at a September (2002!) wedding, getting married outside might not be a very good idea, so we're leaning toward renting out a hotel ballroom. The holiday inn exec center in Jeremy's hometown is very beautiful, so there we go... I just hope they have either the 21 or 28 open. We're getting portraits taken next week, and announcing our engagement in May. I'd love to post a picture of the dress, but Jeremy might be lurking and I want to surprise him.

And now for the sad part. Evan's birth wasn't covered by insurance, so to help pay for it, I had to sell my engagement ring. It was heartbreaking, but Jeremy said that clearing my debts is more important than having a ring to show off to people. I was afraid he'd be upset that I had to sell it, but he's so wonderful.

We've never had a fight. We disagree about things sometimes, but when that happens, we both state our opinions without interrupting eachother, and either compromise or agree to disagree. No anger, no resentment. It's all so peaceful. And we've disagreed on some pretty major things. I told my mom all of this, and she said she's very impressed. And to tell the truth, so am I.

------------------
I have a hideous, hideous secret...
you see, when the full moon shines, I undergo terrifying changes... My skin gets hard and stiff... shingles grow on top of my head... I turn into... a house.

That's right... I'm a werehouse.

alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aria, fab to hear that you found a dress. (Maybe we could get a little sneak view of it in the Advocate's forum?)
And even better to hear how well you and Jeremy handle diagreements. Good onya, really.
Anyway, glad to hear things are going ok....and while it's sad about the ring, it's not the ring that matter, but that you two love each other and are a happy family with Evan. Which seems to be the case. You lucky gal.

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lin
Activist
Member # 2050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh hon, could we have a peek at the dress in AA? I would absolutely love to see it.

And I think you've got such a wonderful thing going on with Jeremy and I'm really delighted for you.

And about the ring, that is upsetting but who needs a ring when you've got a wonderful husband and adorable baby by your side.

And I agree with Alaska. You are one lucky babe.

Posts: 2294 | From: Singapore | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aria51
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 653

Feh. One of my old boyfriends found out I had a baby, and he's very angry because I didn't tell him. I kind of understand, but really, I kept my pregnancy a secret from a few people for a reason. I haven't seen him since freshman year, and a mutual friend told him. Come on now. I wasn't ever going to see him again. I value my privacy, especially with such a delicate situation.

There are lots of people who don't know I have a baby. They don't NEED to know. We don't talk. We won't talk in the future. So... why is it their business? I wasn't even sure I was going to keep him, so I just never really felt like talking about him much. Notice I never formally announced his birth here, and I tell youse guys everything!

I'm only considering the safety of my child. No one here knows my address / phone number / last name -- for my personal safety. And likewise, people who DO know my last name / phone number / how to get to my house, who I see as a potential threat to my baby's wellbeing haven't been informed. These are the people who will call me bad names because of something bad that happened between us. And nobody likes to hear his mother called the wh-word.

If these people ask me about it, I'll say yes, there is a baby in my life. And I love him more than anything else. And I'll do anything I can to protect him. It'll be awkward, but this is the best way to handle it.

I know the mad person will never read this, but it's so good to get my thoughts out.

SPEAKING OF GETTING MY THOUGHTS OUT. We've (my mother and I) decided to start telling people about Evan's neurofibromatosis. We wanted to keep it pretty hush-hush, but it's been very hard to deal with this diagonosis, and keeping the secret wasn't helping.
ANYWAY. She told a woman at work about it. Now, I hate this woman. I try to like everyone, and hatred is reserved for a very, VERY select few. I don't like hating her, but she leaves me no choice.
Take the first time I met her. I was pregnant. She looks me over and says, "So, do we know who Daddy is?" !!!! My jaw almost hit the floor. What kind of question is that? Of course I know who Daddy is. Then, she says, "Are you going to church? God will forgive you." I politely told her that no, I wasn't going to church because I don't believe in God or hell or heaven and all that churchy stuff. She didn't say anything else.
So then my mother tells her about Evan. And she says, "Well, sinners must pay for their sins. I'll pray for her."

Mom told her where she can stick her damn prayers. I swear. The people around here. Hyuck hyuck, gee-net-tix? Naw, that thar's the DEVIL! Hyuck.

I don't have anything against Christians, I really don't. I believe that if you believe in SOMETHING -- be it a god, a lack of a god, a life force, a lack of a life force -- and believe in it COMPLETELY and FAITHFULLY, and you don't PUSH your beliefs on other people, and you don't RIDICULE others' beliefs, your life will turn out just fine. Don't betray your beliefs, and be nice to others. Not too hard, is it?
But it's the people who decide that I'm a sinner, and decide they have to "pray" for me. It's a nice thought, yes, but perhaps they shoud be "praying" for themselves. Don't pray for me. Think happy thoughts. Don't judge me. And if you really want to do something nice like praying for my benefit, respect your fellow man instead.

The views expressed here are mine, and I don't expect them to be yours. I'll respect your faith and your ideas if you in turn respect mine. Thank you all, love you all, have a great evening.

PS. Keyboards don't like Chai.

------------------
you see, when the full moon shines, I undergo terrifying changes... My skin gets hard and stiff... shingles grow on top of my head... I turn into... a house.

Aria51
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 653

I just spent a big ol' Jennifer Lopez buttload of time redoing my EZboard. There's a section on it for pretty much everything under the sun, and if any of you want to check it out and, join maybe? it's:
http://pub24.ezboard.com/bmistressariasareaofmayhem

Of course, it'll never be as great as Scarleteen, but it's a fun little side project of mine.

And now for something completely different! Heh This weekend I watched lots and lots of Monty Python's Flying Circus on BBC America. Evan really likes the music, so when it's starting he watches intently, but then turns back to whatever he was doing after about 10 seconds. His attention span's only slightly shorter than mine

We went to visit Jeremy's parents, and Evan just charmed the heck out of them. They only recently found out that they're going to be his grandparents soon and they're thrilled. Evan gave Jeremy's mom all sorts of sloppy baby kisses. He's such a little flirt.

I got a new kitty! We were coming home, and I saw a little kitten sitting by the side of the road looking all confused. So we brought it home, fed it some baby formula in a dish, and gave it a nice little towel to sleep on. It's pretty thin and sick looking, but hopefully it will recover. I hate it, hate it, hate it when people drop animals off in the country. We're trying to think of a name for the kitten. I want to name him Morimoto after my favorite Iron Chef, but my mom thinks it's a girl, and apparently you just can't have a girl cat named Morimoto. She's yellowy-ornage (kinda like the background here) so I might name her Cheese.

That's my weekend in a nutshell. Whee-hah.

------------------

Aria51
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 653

I tells ya, that kid of mine is so amazing. Last weekend, my brother Travis, his oldest daughter, my brother Dan, and his wife Jamie, were at my house for Easter. Dan was playing on the floor with Evan and all of the sudden Evan started crawling as fast as he could to untie Jamie's shoes. I was in the other room at the time, so Dan called me over, and asked how long Evan had been crawling. I said, "Evan doesn't crawl." and as if to prove me wrong, he crawled right over and untied my shoes So he went from sitting on his own to crawling without any real practice.
And if that didn't amaze me enough, when I went to get him out of his crib this morning, he was standing in it holding on to the side. I was so surprised
He'll also wait for the cats to come to the patio door and then sit there meowing at them. It's the funniest thing I've ever seen.

So, there's my bragging for the day. My kid rocks.

------------------
"Why are the most closed-minded people...
Also those with their mouths the most open?"

Aria of Mayhem Bulletain Board

Mary
Activist
Member # 2769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, Aria. I'm so proud of Evan! That's awesome! It seems you have a very smart, healthy, and mischievous little boy .

I'm glad you saved that little kitty's life! I hope she's doing well now. I know you've probably already named her, but here are some suggestions anyway (because I'm extremely bored, and I like thinking up cute names):

Frito
Cheeto
Jesse
Puppy
Fishy
Parmasean
Mozarella (Nicknamed "Mozzy")
Chili
Darlene
Cheerio
Macaroni
Sunny
Snuphalupagus (from Sesame Street.. Hehe!)
Jamie

I like Macaroni! Well, I hope you're doing well, Aria. Take care

------------------
"Straight it boring," ~Loreal Le Grande Curl commercial

Posts: 500 | From: Ohio, U.S.A. | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alaska
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1896

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alaska     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah yeah yeah to your fabulous little son!

Good to see you back, Aria.
'Laska

Posts: 4526 | From: germany | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aria51
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 653

Mary and Alaska -- I passed your yay's and whatnot on to Evan, and he said "goooooo".

Mary - We still haven't named the kitty yet, but I ran Parmesean past my mom and she thinks it's the cutest name ever

------------------
I haven't slept for ten days, because that would be too long.

Rock.

Mary
Activist
Member # 2769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yay! I could be the inspiration for the naming of a kitty! LOL. And by the way, I LOVE your signature! That's so funny. I had to read it a few times before my slow brain got it, but once it did, it was laughter city! Any-hoo, I hope Evan's doing well and practicing his unlacing ablitites. See ya . Actually, I won't see ya, so I'll say this, "Talk to ya!"

------------------
"Straight it boring," ~Loreal Le Grande Curl commercial

Posts: 500 | From: Ohio, U.S.A. | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mary
Activist
Member # 2769

Hey, Aria. Sorry to be taking up so much of your journaling space! Anyway, my computer kicked me off right after I instant messaged you, so I'm sorry I didn't respond. When I got back on, you had signed off. Well, I hope you're doing well. Take care!

~Mary

------------------
"Honey, whose car is that in our driveway?"

"It's yours, Frank."

"It IS, isn't it?"

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.