Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Safer Sex & Birth Control » Paranoid about pregnancy

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Paranoid about pregnancy
Larousse
Neophyte
Member # 110018

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Larousse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've been taking birth control regularly for 2 years and am a virgin. Recently the packets that I've been receiving from the pharmacy have not contained skip pills, for the three months that I've been taking them my breasts have become sore and I've gained four pounds. For the 2 years that I've been on birth control my periods have been few and far in between, with me skipping two months before getting my period.
I have an anxiety disorder and I'm scared that I'm pregnant even though it would be next to impossible for that to happen.

This March my boyfriend and I were messing around and I gave him a handjob. We used a condom (less messy) and after he removed it he fingered me. I got my period in May. If there was any sperm on his hands it would have been a microscopic amount but I'm still freaking out.
Could I be pregnant or is it just the side effects of my birth control?

--------------------
"inspirational quote"

Posts: 2 | From: The Great White North | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam W
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 108189

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam W     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Larousse,

First off, I want to check and see: are you receiving any kind of help (like counseling) for your anxiety?

When you say that you BC does not contain skip pills, are you referring to the placebo week? And is that because you've recently switched brands, or did the packs just suddenly not have placebos in them?

As to your pregnancy question, I think you'll want to give this a read first:
This Is Your Pregnancy Scare Answer

And then also take a look at this article, to see if anything jumps out at you:
You're Not Pregnant. Why Do You think You Are?

Posts: 1292 | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Larousse
Neophyte
Member # 110018

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Larousse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the fast reply!
I've been recieving therapy and psychiatric care. The brand of pills is the same, just without the placebo week.

The links are really helpful, thanks so much.

--------------------
"inspirational quote"

Posts: 2 | From: The Great White North | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam W
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 108189

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam W     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You're welcome, I'm glad you found them helpful [Smile]

If you haven't already, I might suggest bringing up your pregnancy fears with your therapist, so that they can give you tools for managing them.

Posts: 1292 | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.