Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Safer Sex & Birth Control » Annoying brown discharge

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Annoying brown discharge
saphira2013
Neophyte
Member # 104162

Icon 8 posted      Profile for saphira2013     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Scarleteen! I just made the epic mistake of googling dark brown discharge just to have implantation bleeding thrown at me from all sides. Ok, here goes, deep breaths. I'm being silly.

I just needed to clarify something. I'm on yaz (have been since February or march) - literally the perfect pill taker outside laboratory conditions; but this month half way through my pills I got a breakthrough bleed. It's very dark brown and in these weird clotty lumps. I often get these a few days after my period finishes and I have sex with my boyfriend - which as I understand is the old lining still shedding and it passes quickly. However, this time it had been going for already 3-4 days and while there is no cramping or smell it's pretty annoying. There's plenty of these black brown smears when I wipe. We always have sex with a condom except every now and then when we have anal - and yes we're monogamous and got tested about 6 months ago, so you could say I trust the pill not to fail me.

Should I wait it out? I'll be starting my placebos in 7 days so there's no point in taking a pregnancy test now, is there? (My previous withdrawal bleed came on time as always)

Posts: 39 | From: Malta | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Since you are up to date with your STI tests, is your boyfriend, too? If not, I would suggest he gets there.

I would just want to be sure this is not about an infection. Otherwise, I would not sweat this, but, of course, you can certainly call into your healthcare provider, report this, and see what they suggest, too.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saphira2013
Neophyte
Member # 104162

Icon 1 posted      Profile for saphira2013     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm, you're right there - I'm not sure about his recent tests.
Thanks for the heads up. I was so focused on worrying about my part in this I didn't stop to think about his test.
Cheers Heather, as always you are the voice of reason in a world of irrationality and anxiety [Smile]

Posts: 39 | From: Malta | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.