Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Safer Sex & Birth Control » 411 on Ejaculation !

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 411 on Ejaculation !
Aly.O
Neophyte
Member # 109649

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Aly.O     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi there ! Just a question out of curiosity, since I can't seem to find an appropriate answer on the web: what is the texture of male ejaculation? I've read different answers and I'm not sure which to trust. Some say it is thick when there is an STD, some say very liquidy in normality. Is there any correct answer? What worries me is that if some gets on your stomach, is it the kind of watery texture that could run down your tummy and sneak down under the waist line if your pants are super loose? Very improbable, but I am interested in the answer if you wouldn't mind helping me out on that. [Smile]
Posts: 17 | Registered: Feb 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Unless you're working in a lab where you can run tests on fluids, or have training and education in providing sexual healthcare, the consistency of ejaculate is not going to be something a layman can look at and determine if someone has an infection or not.

Especially since more times than not, with most STIs, an infection will be completely asymptomatic: someone can have one and nothing can look different about their bodies or fluids.

If I had to make a comparison, leaving room for some variation, I'd say semen is a lot like egg white, but a little bit thicker.

I'm not sure what you're asking or suggesting about fluids "sneaking" under clothing. When someone has pants on, someone else's fluids are not going to be getting in contact with their genitals in ways where we need to be concerned about pregnancy or STI acquisition. But if someone doesn't feel comfortable with a person ejaculating on their body, for any reason, all they need to do is set that limit with a partner.

[ 06-25-2014, 12:14 PM: Message edited by: Heather ]

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aly.O
Neophyte
Member # 109649

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aly.O     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks a bunch Heather [Big Grin]
Posts: 17 | Registered: Feb 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You're welcome. [Smile]

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.