Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Safer Sex & Birth Control » Implonon full term to Nexplonon full term

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Implonon full term to Nexplonon full term
jusdee161
Neophyte
Member # 110273

Icon 5 posted      Profile for jusdee161     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've had "Implonon" for 3 years!! Periods here, periods there. Long... Short... NO other side effects!!! Actually it made my period symptoms BETTER!!!! Until my last month of the 3 yrs.
Now I'm getting it removed and "Nexplonon" put in-same day process!!!
But I cannot remember what the beginning was like and ALLLLLLL I keep reading is EVERYONE (exaggeration) has had non-stop periods.... Ugh!!!! I've gone 3 months with a period with maybe 5 days off of it. I know the differences- incertion and the die that shows it in xray/ct/MRI. But I don't like I'm not seeing GOOD period results... Hense why I have it in the first place- I'm already unconsistant (non birth control) so it didn't bother me plus I was more off than on with "Implonon".
I'm probably gonna go with it anyways cuz it's all covered but anyone go full term Implonon to full or 2years Nexplonon???

Posts: 3 | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You know, we have sound studies done on methods that tell us, in reliable ways, the incidence of side effects. Personal anecdotes are not as sound or helpful, because they are not controlled studies, and will also never be something yiu can bet reliably from thousands of users, which is what those studies give us.

Nonstop flow, versus occasional spotting, is NOT something everyone has. In fact, that is deeply rare, and something almost no one will experience. And since you have been using a nearly identical method, you can feel pretty sure your experience with that one will probably be a lot like your experience with this new one.

Rather than reading what sounds like pretty unreliable stuff, why don't you ask your provider to simply talk with you about the documented rates of side effects with Nexplanon (that is the correct spelling, btw, so you want to be sure to research it using that, and if you have not been, that likely explains part of you finding so much misinformation about it, probably on top of reading about it on sites where information is not moderated or fact-checked) look up their patient information online?

[ 05-08-2014, 11:55 AM: Message edited by: Heather ]

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jusdee161
Neophyte
Member # 110273

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jusdee161     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you!!!
That's what I've been doing, it's hard to find open websites with all symptoms and bleeding effects!!
I LOVE ❤️ my Implonon!!!! Minus bleeding for weeks/ months then not for weeks/months. Kinda effects my relationship 😒
But never a scare and the insertion was painless and healing great!!! Like I said I need it out this month and have an apt set. But the past month + have been a world of disaster PMS wise/symptoms. And I know everyone is different. I guess the whole idea of it having a dye in it and knowing the implant releases into my body scares me the dye will too. Lol I know it won't though.
I'd just like the reinforcement on knowing there's more pisdirive word of mouth!!!
New us better right?! Lol

Posts: 3 | Registered: May 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, new is not always better, but it also does not mean something is a problem because it is new.

It really sounds to me like you could just benefit from one more chat with your healthcare provider about this where you voice these concerns and have a conversation about them.

Too, if spotting or other vaginal bleeding is having a poor impact on your relationship, that is something you and your partner can talk about, as it does not have to be an issue or a problem. After all, those are normal body fluids, just like your partner has fluids.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.