Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Safer Sex & Birth Control » ill fitting condom

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ill fitting condom
coleworld90
Neophyte
Member # 109958

Icon 1 posted      Profile for coleworld90     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What happens when a condom is too short? If it can no longer roll all the way down. What risk does that pose? If the rim goes all the way in the vagina...would the vagina cause it to roll down and back up, risking semen to come out of the base?
Posts: 23 | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Condoms that fit are not going to be too short, since all of them are made with way more slack lengthwise than any penis needs.

Is this something that actually happened to you, or are you asking theoretically? If it is the latter, again, when put on properly, a condom that fits widthwise is not going to be too short in the first place.

[ 05-04-2014, 10:53 AM: Message edited by: Heather ]

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
coleworld90
Neophyte
Member # 109958

Icon 1 posted      Profile for coleworld90     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Happened to my boyfriend. Only once with one of the free condoms from school. The rim was actually too tight so maybe that's why it couldn't roll down anymore ? Should I take the plan b?
Posts: 23 | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Or he may have been putting it on inside out. That is most often why a condom will not roll down.

When you two were using this condom, did it stay on his penis the whole time, rather than sliding off into your vagina?

--------------------
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
coleworld90
Neophyte
Member # 109958

I'm pretty sure it stayed in. When he pulled out afterwards, it was almost exactly where it was when he first put it on. It also still looked quite tight. I'm also worried about it maybe rolling in and out during sex...which can cause the precum to get in to me. Thanks.
Heather
Member # 3

So, if it was on him the whole time and covering the head of his penis, you can be pretty sure any fluids coming from the opening of his penis - which would have been covered - stayed inside the condom. All his fluids come from the opening of his penis, not from other parts of the penis.

But it sounds like before a next time, you both want to make sure you each know how to out condoms on correctly, that if, ever, one will not seem to go in right, you take it off and start with a new one rather than having sex anyway, and that he has condoms he finds work for him to use correctly.

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

coleworld90
Neophyte
Member # 109958

Yeah..we have been having problems with condom as we are both newbies. I think I will hold off on sex. I'm too afraid of the consequences.
But regarding this condom use, I'll hold off on the plan b as it seems like I didn't really have a high risk because it did not come off. Thank you very much

Heather
Member # 3

Would you like some links, for whenever you do feel more ready, to tell you both how to use condoms properly?

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

coleworld90
Neophyte
Member # 109958

Yes please.

But it does sound like I should be okay after this situation right?

Heather
Member # 3

I'm not hearing anything that suggests a condom failure, no, but really, this is up to you and about what you'd feel best doing.

Per how to use condoms, these two links should get you sorted! [Smile]

All the Barriers! All the Time!
Condom Basics: A User's Manual

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

coleworld90
Neophyte
Member # 109958

Alright yeah if it didn't seem like it failed, I won't go crazy.

Omg how cute is that first article? It actually made me laugh. The drawings are cute and funny lol. Very educational too. Thank you

Heather
Member # 3

I'll be sure and pass that lovely compliment on to our illustrator! [Smile]

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.