Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Safer Sex & Birth Control » Condom broke?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Condom broke?
coleworld90
Neophyte
Member # 109958

Icon 1 posted      Profile for coleworld90     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi scarleteen
I had sex and what if the condom broke and I didn't notice? Is it something that I won't miss? I kind of don't trust the guy when he said he's pretty sure it didn't break and I didn't get to inspect it thoroughly. He's just more careless than I am I should say.

Posts: 23 | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Redskies
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 79774

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Redskies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is this about the same incident you already talked with us about, here: http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/21/t/002334.html ?

If you looked at the condom, you can be confident that you would have seen a break if there had been one.

If a condom breaks, it's obvious, so he would have noticed if he looked at the condom.

If we don't feel we can trust someone either not to lie to us about something as important and fundamental as our safety from STI transmission and pregnancy risk, or we don't trust them that they care enough to bother checking, they're probably not a suitable sexual partner for us. One of the basic requirements in a sexual partner is that we trust them enough to hold up their part of the responsibility for those things, enough that we feel comfortable and confident with them. Is that perhaps part of why you're still worrying about this?

--------------------
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.

Posts: 1786 | From: Europe | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
coleworld90
Neophyte
Member # 109958

Icon 1 posted      Profile for coleworld90     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Different time. And yeah I know..it's just that I don't think he's as observant. Or maybe he's just not as paranoid as me. I could be the problem come to think of it. And I just started having sex.
Also..When he put the Condom on, it wasn't all the way at the base. I mean it wasn't in the middle of the shaft but it wasn't able to roll all the way down to cover the entire penis. (it couldn't roll anymore) it was one of those free condoms at the school clinic. What danger does that pose? The rim was tight and the condom itself too was tight though. It just didn't cover his entire penis down Closer to the scrotum. Does that give a pregnancy risk?

Posts: 23 | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
coleworld90
Neophyte
Member # 109958

It left a good inch open space. At the base
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As long as the condom did not slip off or break (and again, if it broke, you would have noticed, broken condoms tend to shred) then it did not fail. Condoms that are too tight or too loose are only a problem if they slip off or break as a result of poor fit: otherwise, they are effective.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.