Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Safer Sex & Birth Control » Condom and Erection Ebbing

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Condom and Erection Ebbing
FilmStudent
Neophyte
Member # 109587

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FilmStudent     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello,

I'm just asking a question about keeping a condom on, even though my erection may come and go slightly.

My girlfriend and I have recently been trying to have sex. It takes me a fairly long time to orgasm and I find during any sexual activity, my erection may soften. It doesn't go completely soft, but half mast. If we are doing something for thirty minutes, about one minute thirty seconds may be spent softer, it s almost as if my penis has adverts included lol.

I think I know what causes this. Sometimes it is an uncomfortable position, other times I just get distracted and remember some coursework I need to do. Not a great thing to think about during sex I know, but I can't help it.

Anyway, this is fine when we are 69ing or I'm receiving a hand-job, but when we have sex it is a disaster. We have only tried twice, the first time I softened, the condom started to slip off and I didn't have a replacement. Second time I had a box of condoms, but after going through three I decided that it wasn't worth it.

Since then I have been too afraid to try penetrative sex with her, but really want to. Is there anyway around this, either to keep the condom on, or to maintain my erection without downtime?

Posts: 1 | Registered: Feb 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, so first of all,what I would say is that maintaining an erection for a half hour solidly - no pun intended, I swear - is something most people's bodies won't do, period. So what is happening here is just plain old reality for most folks.

So, really, having extra condoms around, and kind of picking activities and which ones you are doing when that make room for the fact that most bodies will not do this is really the way to go.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About MeGet our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67933 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.