Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Safer Sex & Birth Control » Change Time to Take Pill

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Change Time to Take Pill
Member # 69396

Icon 4 posted      Profile for mcguiree1495     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay I take Trivora for my birth control method and my time to take it is usually 6:30 pm central time, but lately I keep forgetting and ill take it later after that time. I just forgot today and I just now took it (11pm central time). Can I change my time and still be safe? I want to take it at 3pm. So it'll be earlier, will I be able to do it since it will only be a little after 12 hours since I've taken it? HELP!!!

Posts: 15 | From: Indiana | Registered: Jun 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Claire P.
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 96773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Claire P.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi mcguiree1495, no need to be worried. It is okay to change the time to something that can actually easily be a routine.
Are you worried about 3pm because it's close enough for you to perhaps feel a bit sick for a little while? If you are worried about side effects- which can't really be predicted because every woman's body can respond in different ways to certain levels of hormones- you could always wait until a day has passed at least before taking the bc again-- but then you would have to use an additional method of birth control for at least a week just to make sure you're covered by the bc again. Which we recommend people do anyway- since bc doesn't cover STI transmission.

Posts: 170 | From: Northeast USA | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.