Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Safer Sex & Birth Control » Birth Control and Spotting during a pack?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Birth Control and Spotting during a pack?
stifestreak
Neophyte
Member # 49960

Icon 5 posted      Profile for stifestreak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello there everyone.

For the past two months I have skipped my sugar pills and gone straight to my next pack. (I am taking Ortho Tri Cyclen just in case) This is the first time I have attempted to skip my periods on BC. I have been on BC for 8-9 months now.

Anyway. This month, when I started taking my first week pills a couple days in I started to spot. I didn't really give it much of a care at first, because I had read that it is common to spot/bleed when you skip sugar pills. My spotting varies but is mostly very light, and is very dark in color with the exception of the first week I had it when it was almost like having a full period, with more moderate and red bleeding.

I just got a little worried because it's been almost two weeks and the spotting hasn't stopped. Some days I don't spot at all, and other days I do. It kind of just does whatever it wants. I'm still taking my BC regularly. I just wanted to know if I have any reason to be concerned. I know that BC can get a little whacky, especially when you skip sugar pills.

On a side note, at the beginning of my second pack I did get a Yeast Infection. I know Yeast Infections can be caused by BC. Don't know if that's really important but it's worth mentioning I guess.

Any feedback would be great, thank you [Smile]

Posts: 7 | From: Royal Oak MI | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kachina
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 42505

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kachina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you been skipping your sugar pills with your doctor's approval and knowledge?

--------------------
~Kat
Scarleteen Volunteer

Humans are allergic to change. They love to say, "We've always done it this way." I try to fight that. That's why I have a clock on my wall that runs counter-clockwise. - Grace Hopper

Posts: 873 | From: Seattle | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stifestreak
Neophyte
Member # 49960

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stifestreak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't have a doctor because we don't have insurance but I called Planned Parenthood, where I get my pills and I was told that it was alright to skip pills.
Posts: 7 | From: Royal Oak MI | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kachina
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 42505

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kachina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, I just wanted to make sure. It is very common to spot when your skipping the placebo pills. It might get better after a few months, where it just spots when you would normally be getting your period. If it doesn't, you can ask the Planned Parenthood if you should be concerned.

--------------------
~Kat
Scarleteen Volunteer

Humans are allergic to change. They love to say, "We've always done it this way." I try to fight that. That's why I have a clock on my wall that runs counter-clockwise. - Grace Hopper

Posts: 873 | From: Seattle | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stifestreak
Neophyte
Member # 49960

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stifestreak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you very much Kat [Smile]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.