Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Safer Sex & Birth Control » is it normal for a bc user to have a missed period

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: is it normal for a bc user to have a missed period
gorjus mom
Neophyte
Member # 59266

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gorjus mom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello!!!! Im new in this forum just register now..... coz i know this forum were very informative for us....

I do believe that this topic was posted on some topics before but please forgive me for asking again to at least flush away my worries....

I have been a bc user for two years, since then my menstruation was regular, it came every last friday of the each month....

But my problems started last month I have a spotting or brown discharge quite heavy for 5 days but not a regular red blood flow a week earlier before my menstruation and during my period no blood comes out.....ive tried to use a pregnancy kit during the day of my period and the result is negative, tried again after 5 days of no period negative again ,,, after a week ive tried again its negative also and 2nd week its negative also..... yes im being paranoid... my question is that the result negative its really means negative....????

by the way last month ive took a diet pill and i've lost 10 kgs (whoah!!! i know its a rapid lost)for the sapn of 20 days only.... and ive been on stress last month....
so im thinking and ive read somewhere that stress and weight loss must be the reason but just wanted to make it sure ive been gettin paranoid... my next menstrual period will be scheduled on next friday... im hoping to have a rgular flow......
please advise me if you have the similar situation... is this normal?????

--------------------
everything comes up with a good reasons......

Posts: 2 | From: Manila Phillipines | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eryn_smiles
Peer Ambassador
Member # 35643

Icon 1 posted      Profile for eryn_smiles         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello [Smile] ,

If you take a pregnancy test EITHER 2 weeks following your last pregnancy risk OR following a missed period, you can trust that result to be accurate. So yes, you can trust this negative result and you are not pregnant.

It is quite possible that your missed period and spotting are related to your weight loss and stress. It's not very healthy to lose 10kg in 20 days and it's a good idea to discuss with your doctor before starting any weight loss regimen. You may continue to have some irregular bleeding until your body gets used to a stable weight. If you continue to miss periods over the next few months, again, it's best to consult your doctor.

--------------------
"Caring for myself is not self-indulgence, it is self-preservation and that is an act of political warfare."

Audre Lorde

Posts: 1326 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gorjus mom
Neophyte
Member # 59266

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gorjus mom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi sis!! thanks for the reply,,, at least it lessen the worries...im getting paranoid only.. been testing a pt for many times maybe its really accurate then... :-)

--------------------
everything comes up with a good reasons......

Posts: 2 | From: Manila Phillipines | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.