Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Safer Sex & Birth Control » Types of lube

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Types of lube
Destinee Carols
Activist
Member # 54626

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Destinee Carols     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As I type this I'm waving a hand around waiting for lube on it to dry...it's not working... XD

Anyways, I've noticed that the lube I'm using (KY Liquid, I think), when it's dry, is kind of tacky/sticky/greasy to the touch. (In fact, I'm pulling my fingers apart and the drying lube is forming long sticky mucus-y strings.) I'm not sure if this is actually the normal consistency for the lube? And if so...are there brands/types readily available in most supermarkets that don't have this sticky tackiness, or is it actually something necessary for the lube to work well?

It's kind of nasty after we use it and then snuggling commences when we don't bother getting up and cleaning off. xP Even the body's own personal lubricant seems to dry better and more comfortably than this.

I also have no idea what this lube is made of since the box was tossed a long time ago...my ex bought this and I don't think the box ever even came into my hands.

Posts: 89 | From: Canada | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, lube is supposed to stick around: that's kind of the point.

Mind, there are better lubes out there than KY, but not better because they dry up faster: that wouldn't be very helpful with lube and would defeat the purpose.

I'm not sure what you mean by it being nasty, since my experience is that whether lube is made from the body or made from a manufacturer, when there's a lot of it, it tends to stick around afterwards and be pretty sticky or gooey until you wash up. Of course, you always have the option of washing up afterwards, or even just keeping tissues around to take care of it that way.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Destinee Carols
Activist
Member # 54626

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Destinee Carols     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nasty was a bit of a strong word. I guess I'm used to personal fluids drying on the body completely - dry to the touch, whereas the lube sticks around hours after, like if I don't wipe down afterwards, several hours later my thighs will still feel something between tacky/greasy. If this is characteristic of all lubes, of course, I don't mean to say that I plan never to wash up afterwards.
Posts: 89 | From: Canada | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd simply say that goop sticking around is something that can happen with lube from a bottle or from various body fluids, that's all.

But that neither has to, thanks to our friends tissue or washcloth. [Smile]

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Destinee Carols
Activist
Member # 54626

All right; thanks for your help. [Smile]

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.