Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Safer Sex & Birth Control » Too 'young' for the pill.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Too 'young' for the pill.
Babyapple495
Neophyte
Member # 57495

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Babyapple495     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm fourteen, and my boyfriend is fifteen. We're freshmen in highschool and have a very healthy relationship. We've been very close for a long time and are very open and we just get along very well. We're very much in love with eah other and plan on being together forever.

I live with my dad but am afraid to ask him to put me on birth control because he might say no and just not let my boyfriend and I have alone time anymore. I asked my mom ad tried to explain to her, but instead of agreeing to getting me the pill, she got upset and said I'm too young to think about sex and shouldn't for a couple more years.

Truth is, I'm thinking about sex now. We've already done manual sex, and I know that it will escalate into actual sex. I'm trying to be responsible an prevent pregnancy. But my mom makes it really hard to do. What should I do?

Posts: 17 | From: United states of America | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephanie_1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 36725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephanie_1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ultimately, you know your parents better than we do, so the best person to make the judgment call would be you. If you think your dad will be more open to the idea than your mom, then you can certainly speak with him about it. If not, then something you can do is see if there's a free clinic in your area where you may be able to get the pills for free or very low cost.

Just a terminology thing as well? We don't use the phrasing "actual sex" here, because it implies that other types of sex aside from penis-in-vagina intercourse are not sex (and also discounts a LOT of relationships with same-sex couples, or couples not wanting intercourse for any reason or not feeling ready for intercourse.)

[ 02-28-2011, 10:31 PM: Message edited by: Stephanie_1 ]

--------------------
"Sometimes the majority only means that all the fools are on the same side" ~Anon

Posts: 3429 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.