Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Safer Sex & Birth Control » Where to find free BC in surrey,bc

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Where to find free BC in surrey,bc
noelle62
Neophyte
Member # 54542

Icon 4 posted      Profile for noelle62     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey! so i'm 19 and no longer covered by that super awesome medical we all had growing up lol, so does anyone know where i can find FREE birth control in surrey?

i've contemplated going to pine youth clinic, but its just so far away..

any input will be greatly appreciated! have a good day [Big Grin]

--noelle

Posts: 1 | From: surrey | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Firefly-
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 26516

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Firefly-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Noelle,

I'm not sure if this is any closer for you, but I found this clinic that says they provide free condoms and birth control pills:

SURREY MEMORIAL YOUTH CLINIC
13750 - 96 Street (@ King George Hwy), Surrey
604-585-5999
Monday 1:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Tuesday 12:00pm - 6:00pm
Wednesday 10:30am - 5:00pm
Thursday 10:00am - 6:00pm
Friday 11:00am - 4:00pm
APPOINTMENTS PREFERRED BUT DROP-INS WELCOME

I got it from this site: http://www.planetahead.ca/resources/clinics.shtml#burnaby

If that doesn't work, or if it's not free for some reason, maybe they can direct you to another clinic. They would likely know of other similar resources in the area, so they should be able to help you out.

Hope this helps!

--------------------
Vero
Scarleteen Volunteer
Help sustain sex ed and Scarleteen: donate!

Posts: 1345 | From: Canada | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skiesofgreen
Activist
Member # 46170

Icon 1 posted      Profile for skiesofgreen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey there Noelle,

I'm from Surrey myself, and there definitely are clinics in Surrey that you should be able to get free/low-cost birth control from. I use the Pine Clinic myself but that's partly because I go to school out in Van, so it's fairly close to where I spend most of my time. So if you don't want to make the treck into Vancouver check out these options:

OPT North Surrey
220-10362 King George Hwy
Surrey , BC , V3T 2W5
PHONE: (604) 587-7900

OPT Surrey (Whalley)
North Surrey Public Health 220-10362 King George Hwy
Surrey , BC , V3T 2W5
PHONE: (604) 587-7900

for more info on them (and what they provide) go here:

http://clinics.optionsforsexualhealth.org/providers.cfm?strView=QUICK_RESULTS&intResultsStart=1&strSource=OPT&strTerms=surrey&strPostalCode=&intRadius=2&btnSubmit.x=76&btnSubmit.y= 2&btnSubmit=Search+Now

Also I'm pretty sure opt also has a clinic in White Rock if that's closer to your end of town. (you can do a quick search on their website to double check) =)

[ 02-02-2011, 12:59 PM: Message edited by: skiesofgreen ]

Posts: 245 | From: British Columbia, Canada | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.