Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Safer Sex & Birth Control » Just interested ...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Just interested ...
bottlelids2906
Neophyte
Member # 51488

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bottlelids2906     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi. (:
I was just wondering what the pregnancy indicators were for someone on the pill?
Also, if you've had a period whilst on the pill, is that a pretty conclusive way of knowing you're not pregnant?
I just happened to stumble upon a ton of horror stories on the net about women who got pregnant whilst on OCPs but still continued to have their periods. Just freaked me out a bit!
Thanks in advance. (:

--------------------
If you negotiate the minefield in the drive and beat the dogs and cheat the cold electronic eyes,
and if you make it past the shotguns in the hall, dial the combination, open the priesthole,
and if I'm in, I'll tell you what's behind the wall.

Posts: 7 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It is not possible to have a period (or withdrawal bleed, the "period" you get on the pill) and be pregnant. So, the first indication of pregnancy for someone on the pill would be the same as that for someone not on the pill: they would miss their withdrawal bleed.

Honestly, you can find something to support almost any claim somewhere on the internet - doesn't mean it's true or accurate. [Smile] It's possible to have some bleeding during pregnancy, but it wouldn't likely resemble a period and wouldn't follow a pattern.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bottlelids2906
Neophyte
Member # 51488

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bottlelids2906     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Awesome. Thanks a lot for your reply.
Yeah, I know what you mean. When it comes to pregnancy paranoia and google, it's pretty much seek and you shall find.
Cheers. (:

--------------------
If you negotiate the minefield in the drive and beat the dogs and cheat the cold electronic eyes,
and if you make it past the shotguns in the hall, dial the combination, open the priesthole,
and if I'm in, I'll tell you what's behind the wall.

Posts: 7 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You're very welcome. [Smile]

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.