Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Safer Sex & Birth Control » Preety worried about my Girl...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Preety worried about my Girl...
AJSS
Neophyte
Member # 51325

Icon 9 posted      Profile for AJSS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi i am a 24 year male on 2nd dec. i had unprotected sex with my girlfriend, her periods got over just a couple of days ago i.e on 30th Nov. unfortunately i ejaculated inside her. just after that i gave her a pill (emergency contraceptive pill) that should be taken within 72 hrs. the next day she tells me that she cant remember whether she had that pill or not so i gave her another one. this happened on 3rd dec.
now her periods are getting delayed as she tells me that normally her periods cycle is of 20-25 days its 26th Dec now and still there is now no sign of her periods.Should we wait a bit further or go for a pregnancy test straight away. Can she possibly be pregnant after taking two pill's within 48 hrs. or just because of the pill's her period's got delayed.
Please help we are very worried about it.Please reply fast.
Thanks.

Posts: 6 | From: India | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Emergency contraception, like any kind of contraception, is not 100% effective. In fact, it's less effective than a lot of methods, including condoms. It's not meant to be used the way that you're using it, as an only-contraceptive, but as a backup when other methods may have failed or did fail.

So, yes, she could still be pregnant. Since she did have pregnancy risks, and she is late, I'd suggest a pregnancy test.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AJSS
Neophyte
Member # 51325

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AJSS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the prompt response, just wanted to know one more thing. Till now though her periods got delayed by just 2 days she is not getting any early pregnancy signs, her body temp. is normal, no nausea, no tender breast, no frequent urination,as well as no immense hunger. so can she still be pregnant?
Posts: 6 | From: India | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eryn_smiles
Peer Ambassador
Member # 35643

Icon 1 posted      Profile for eryn_smiles         Edit/Delete Post 
None of the signs you mention are very reliable signs of early pregnancy and a woman may be pregnant without experiencing any of those. The best action at this point would be to take a pregnancy test.

--------------------
"Caring for myself is not self-indulgence, it is self-preservation and that is an act of political warfare."

Audre Lorde

Posts: 1326 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AJSS
Neophyte
Member # 51325

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AJSS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, after your suggestion we went for a pregenancy test today but it came as negative.
My girl is still not conveninced so shall we repeat the test and if then how long do we have to wait to repeat the test in order to be completely sure.
P.S.
her last period started on 27th Nov. and we had unprotected sex on 2nd Dec.

Please suggest

Stephanie_1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 36725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stephanie_1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If the pregnancy test results came out negative, there's no reason to think they were wrong. Honestly, at this point with the negative results you can know she's not pregnant.

--------------------
"Sometimes the majority only means that all the fools are on the same side" ~Anon

Posts: 3429 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AJSS
Neophyte
Member # 51325

Thanks u really saved my life...But in order to be absolutely sure we went to a Doctor and had her checked up...the doc. said that there is nothing that she can find by now and asked us to wait atleast one more week to repeat the test, if that also comes in as -ve than she is for sure not pregnant and she also confirmed that she cant find anything in her which shows that she might be pregnant but inorder to be on th esafe side we should wait for a week, as far as the periods are concerned she said that because of those emergency contraceptive pill that she took twice might be the reason to disturb her cycle and after a week still there is no period's and the test is -ve she has given a medicine called MEPRATE for a course of 5 days which will start the period in another weeks time. The question is why will it take so long to start the period as by that time it will already be time for her nornal period's.Can you suggest on this what might ne the problem for such a delay in periods as i think her last month's periods is completely skipped will it harm her?
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
EC is a very large dose of hormones, and the most common side-effect is spotting, or having late or missed periods. And since your girlfriend took two doses of EC, that's only going to make it more likely that her periods will be irregular for a while.

And skipping a period or two is not harmful. I suggest that you simply follow the advice that the doctor gave you and take it from there.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AJSS
Neophyte
Member # 51325

HI all,
thanks a lot for your support...finaly she had got her periods 2days back just cant imagine how relaxed we r now....the only thing that worries me is that the pain is immence and my girl just cant tolerate the period pains...is it normal? and she also reported a burning sensation in her inner vagina after intercourse is that normal too?She feels this burning sensation after each intercourse.

September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does your girlfriend usually have such intense period pains? Has she ever spoken to a doctor about them?

A burning sensation after intercourse isn't unusual, but it is avoidable. It tends to happen when not enough lube is being used, or when the partner is being a bit too rough. So, you'll just want to make sure to have some lube handy, and to go slowly, and stop if she's experiencing any discomfort.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AJSS
Neophyte
Member # 51325

Ya..she does...but she never spoke about this to a doctor...
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Well, if these pains are normal for her, then they're likely not connected to this pregnancy scare in any way.

But, if she's having such intense pain with her periods, that's something she'll want to bring up with a doctor.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.