Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Safer Sex & Birth Control » Ortho evra birth control patch

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ortho evra birth control patch
dixiekuntrygirl2104
Neophyte
Member # 39451

Icon 5 posted      Profile for dixiekuntrygirl2104     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was curious as to wether you can wear the ortho evra patch over a tattoo? I have a tattoo on my left hip, I have googled everywhere and can't find an answer. I am changing my patch tonight, but I will also ask my doctor on Monday! Just wasn't sure ;-) [Cool]

--------------------
dixie_girl

Posts: 20 | From: Georgia | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OWL Dan
Activist
Member # 49077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OWL Dan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would suggest that you call a local pharmacy and ask the pharmacist. They have probably the best knowledge about medications that anyone. Given youre in my time zone, you may need to look for a 24hr. pharmacy. If you cant get an answer tonight, I would suggest using a non-tattooed area until you learn otherwise or consider waiting until tomorrow morning when a pharmacy opens. You should be ok being within that short of time window.

--------------------
Dan

Posts: 842 | From: Ohio | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It doesn't make any difference if the patch is put where a tattoo is in terms of the effectiveness of the patch. I have no idea if the patch impacts the integrity of a tat, though, but I'd be surprised if it did.

With the patch, it just has to go somewhere where it won't get rubbed off easily (like around your waistband, for instance, so your hip may not be the best place, since you probably slide pants or undergarments over that area a lot), and cannot be put on the breasts. otherwise, it's all good.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.