Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Safer Sex & Birth Control » Better condom info for uncircumcised men

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Better condom info for uncircumcised men
zipline
Neophyte
Member # 48842

Icon 1 posted      Profile for zipline     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am an uncircumcised man, and the first *several* times I had sex my condom fell off, because I didn't know how to put it on correctly. And I had practiced at home beforehand - I just didn't have enough or correct information. Fortunately for me I was very lucky, and no one got pregnant or caught any STDs.

I was very impressed to see that you do have a mention of how to put a condom on for an uncircumcised man in your article "Condom Basics: A User Manual". However, it only appears as an extra tip, and the main description and illustration assumes a circumcised penis. My understanding is that among men under 20 years old in the USA the majority are now uncircumcised. I strongly urge you to give equal treatment to putting on a condom for circumcised and uncircumcised men.

Posts: 3 | From: Portland, OR | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
zipline: We'd be very glad to do that.

is that something you might want to help with? If so, I'd be happy to go through things to add that you think might help together.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About MeGet our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67055 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zipline
Neophyte
Member # 48842

Icon 1 posted      Profile for zipline     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Heather,

I'm finally getting back to this topic. I am very encouraged that this is something that you are willing to consider. I've been thinking a little about how to go about this, and personally what I think is most helpful are the graphics, in addition to the descriptive text. Where did you get the graphics for how to put on a condom? Did you commission someone to draw them? Or get them from somewhere else? What I'd like to propose is to have another set of drawings created showing how to put a condom on an uncircumcised penis. If I could arrange to have photographs sent to you plus accompanying descriptive text, would you be able to get drawings made from them in the same style as the existing drawings?

Thanks!
-zipline

Posts: 3 | From: Portland, OR | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.