Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Safer Sex & Birth Control » Pill-scared not to use condoms

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pill-scared not to use condoms
printemps
Neophyte
Member # 47348

Icon 1 posted      Profile for printemps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've been with my boyfriend for almost a year now, he was my first, and even though I'm on the pill, I still ask him to use a condom because I just can't get over my fear of getting pregnant. I take my pill every day at 1 p.m., I'm very regular on that. My boyfriend has not pressured me into anything, but I really want to do it without a condom too...What do i do? How can I stop thinking that if he ejaculates in me I'll get pregnant..SHould I ask him to come out before he ejaculates to minimise the risk? But I love the moment where he stays in after orgasming. Should I just do it and home i'm not in that 0.1%? What if I am...
Posts: 3 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In a situation like this, it's something where you want to weight the risk-to-benefit ratio.

For sure, pregnancy is less likely when a second method, like a condom is used. But I think the biggest question is this: do you expect that going without will make you feel better than you do about all of this now or worse? If you think it'll mean more anxiety for you, that's obviously no fun, and also hampers sexual enjoyment. If, on the other hand, you feel like you can be okay with a somewhat increased pregnancy risk and that you'll enjoy going without enough that the anxiety will be minimal, then that's something else.

Get what I mean?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
printemps
Neophyte
Member # 47348

Icon 1 posted      Profile for printemps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, I do get what you mean. The thing is, I'm not sure I will be comfortable enough as to really enjoy it and not worry...which is such a shame. I want to do it without a condom, he wants it too, and he will, at some point, think I'm totally irrational. As I said he's not pressuring me but I'm pressuring myself! I should just forget about the small chance of getting pregnant and enjoy it. But I can't [Frown]
Posts: 3 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You can't right now.

Chances are, at some point in your life, you will, it's just not now. And that's okay. [Smile]

The physical difference a condom makes in enjoyment is slight, all the more so on the end per your body, since the vagina has relatively few sensory nerve endings, and not the kind that are specific to fine touch (vs. pressure). The difference feeling comfortable or not, or worried or not, however, makes in enjoyment is huge.

So, if ditching condoms would have you totally worried, sex would likely feel less good than it does no, not more.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.