Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Safer Sex & Birth Control » Paranoid, please help!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Paranoid, please help!
figuresk8rbabe7
Neophyte
Member # 46119

Icon 9 posted      Profile for figuresk8rbabe7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had sex for the first time on tuesday the 2nd. I am on yaz but i was on my period till monday and my mom didn't get my new pack till monday and i was suppose to start taking it on saturday, i've been on the pill for now the 4th month. We also used a condom and it didn't break or anything but we forgot to pinch the tip, i asked some of my close friends though and they said that isn't a problem unless it broke. Then yesterday we hung out and were goin to have sex but then we decided not to after he tried to go in, we had a condom on this time also. Am i just worrying for nothing?

--------------------
Figure skating= life♥

Posts: 9 | From: Maryland | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If the condom was on for all genital contact and did not rip or slip off, then you can rest assured it protected you against pregnancy/

For future reference with your pill, though, know the first pill in the pack is the worst one to miss. Either you'll want to start taking responsibility for getting your pills yourself from now on to be sure you have them in time, or will want to talk to your Mom to be sure she gets it's important you aren't taking pills days late like that.

If you want protection from BOTH condoms and your pill this month, you'll want to do two things: 1) make sure you make up those missed pills, and b) be sure to wait until you have been using this pack, including the made-up pills, for at least one week.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
figuresk8rbabe7
Neophyte
Member # 46119

Icon 1 posted      Profile for figuresk8rbabe7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
okayy thanks soo much like i know all my friends have been telling me i should be fine but i just wanted to make sure and this made me feel better bout it (: and i made up the one missed pill like 6 hours after and the other about 12-14 hours after i missed them. thank you for all the help! (:

--------------------
Figure skating= life♥

Posts: 9 | From: Maryland | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.