Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Safer Sex & Birth Control » Missed a Pill

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Missed a Pill
KrazeeCaramel94263
Neophyte
Member # 43547

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KrazeeCaramel94263     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I take my pill at 5pm everyday. Monday I forgot to take my pill and Tuesday we had unprotected sex. I didn't realize until after midnight and took mondays pill over 24hrs late and then took tuesdays pill 7 hours late. The pill missed was from the 3rd week of active pills. I take Levora bcp levonorgestrel and ethinyl estradial .15mg/.03mg. What are the chances of becoming pregnant?
Posts: 38 | From: Michigan | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ultimately, you're only talking about one missed/late pill, which you made up. So, the effectiveness of your pill is not likely to have dipped very much, and should still have provided you adequate protection.

Just be sure you take all the pills from the rest of the pack on time, okay?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KrazeeCaramel94263
Neophyte
Member # 43547

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KrazeeCaramel94263     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you very much. Well mondays was missed and tuesdays was late, but I did take wed-sat on time and should be getting my "period" wednesday. So I should only worry if for some reason I don't get my "period"?
Posts: 38 | From: Michigan | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tuesdays was still within a grace period acceptable for typical use of your pill.

If your withdrawal bleed is later than, say, Friday or Saturday, then I'd go ahead and take a test. But if you get your withdrawal bleed this week, then indeed, there's no cause for concern about pregnancy.

--------------------
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KrazeeCaramel94263
Neophyte
Member # 43547

Lets say during the same pill pack if the same thing happend during week 1 as week 3 would the risk go up?

Or lets say during the same pill pack if the same thing happend during week 2 as week 3 would the risk go up?

KrazeeCaramel94263
Neophyte
Member # 43547

I meant to say not instead of but if both happend

If the same that happend during week 3 also happend during week 1 of same pill pack does risk go up?

If the same thing happend during week 3 also happend during week 2 of same pill pack does risk go up?

Heather
Member # 3

Unless you miss the first pill or two (or more) in a pack, when you miss a pill does not change any possible risk. In other words, if you take your placebo week, then don't start the new pack on time, that's the highest risk time to miss pills.

--------------------
About Me Get our book!

KrazeeCaramel94263
Neophyte
Member # 43547

Ok Thank you very much for all your help!

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.