Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Safer Sex & Birth Control » Bleeding- I Have No Clue What's Going On?!?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bleeding- I Have No Clue What's Going On?!?
Typical Young and Dumb Teenager?
Activist
Member # 37530

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Typical Young and Dumb Teenager?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So, I'm on the pill, Tri-Sprintec. I've been on it for four months now, and even though my period was a little later than usual last month, I've never had any problems with it.

This week was suppose to be my withdrawl week, and when I went to the bathroom yesterday a little after noon, I was happy to see a little bit of brown blood because I thought my period was coming. Well, I put a panty liner, went eat, and when I came home, I checked again and realized there wasn't much but was there was a little bit of brown and stringy stuff. Still thinking it was my body trying to get rid of the old blood, I didn't think anything about it. Well, I checked back later last night, and it had really, really slowed, but when I woke up this morning, the stringy brown stuff was all over my panty liner. So, I put into a tampon, and seven hours later, I went back to check it and the tampon just had brown blood around it; no blood inside of it. I put on a panty liner, and checked it a good while later, and there wasn't anything on it. But I wiped and I saw that there was a very small amount of pinkish (not red) brown blood, which I know is a sign of pregnancy due to implantation bleeding. So now I'm not bleeding at all..

I did have sex a few times, but we used condoms. The guy claims it never broke, slipped, or anything, too. And I took the pill every day at the same time without skipping all month.

I can't get a pregnancy test until Monday, which I'll do if I don't start; but in the mean time, does it sound like the birth control could just be messing up? Because if I did have any risk, it was minimal, and I'm kind of nervous because I've basically spotted for an entire day then it just stopped completely, which I don't believe is normal, and I really don't want to be a 16 year old mother..

[ 07-22-2009, 03:24 PM: Message edited by: Typical Young and Dumb Teenager? ]

Posts: 243 | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
atm1
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 37835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for atm1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Since you've been taking the pill correctly AND using condoms, the odds of you being pregnant are pretty darn close to zero. You haven't had a significant risk.

It just sounds like your period is a bit off and funky this month, which happens to all women from time to time. It's perfectly normal to spot like that for a day, and it's really nothing to be worried about. Spotting is not an indication the pill isn't working.

Posts: 2262 | From: in transition | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Typical Young and Dumb Teenager?
Activist
Member # 37530

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Typical Young and Dumb Teenager?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Do you think I should worry about the pinkish brown spotting? It just started back.. :/ And when I went pee earlier, it wasn't so much pink as it was stringy (like mucus) and brown.

Sorry for all the questions, too. I've just had a weird feeling this month, for no particular reason really. If I don't start this month and all I have this spotting, saying I'm not pregnant, should I go back to my doctor and have them switch me to a different pill?

[ 07-22-2009, 05:18 PM: Message edited by: Typical Young and Dumb Teenager? ]

--------------------
Young and Dumb.
"Life is a balance of holding on and letting go." - Keith Urban

Posts: 243 | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.