Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Safer Sex & Birth Control » i'm sure its not a big deal...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: i'm sure its not a big deal...
HoneyLuv3
Activist
Member # 38877

Icon 12 posted      Profile for HoneyLuv3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So during March I experienced heavy breakthrough bleeding for about a week. I then had cramping and started bleeding on April 3rd, the scheduled day for my withdrawal. The bleeding got heavier over the day, saturday was heavy bleeding and then when i started the active pill on sunday the heavy bleeding stopped.

I'm not sure if the withdrawal was light because of the heavy bleeding in march or if the pill is finally kicking in with the "lighter periods"

I'm sure everything is fine but in the back of my mind the word "pregnancy" always comes back.
I take my pills everyday around 6:30-6:45 am, so missing pills is nothing i've worried about.

FYI:
YAZ for a 14 months(perfect user)
Last cycle: April 03,2009
Next Cycle: May 01,2009
Methods used: Combined BCP + Withdrawl
Both tested for STI's

--------------------
Love is not about finding the right person, but creating a right relationship. It's not about how much love you have in the beginning but how much love you build till the end...

Posts: 81 | From: Texas | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HoneyLuv3
Activist
Member # 38877

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HoneyLuv3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
any input?

--------------------
Love is not about finding the right person, but creating a right relationship. It's not about how much love you have in the beginning but how much love you build till the end...

Posts: 81 | From: Texas | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pregnancy is incredibly unlikely if you've been taking your pills correctly. You can always take a pregnancy test to be 100% sure, but there's really been no risk here.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5799 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.