Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Safer Sex & Birth Control » Fantasy Birth Control: Describe your dream contraception!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Fantasy Birth Control: Describe your dream contraception!
Ecofem
Activist
Member # 13388

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Ecofem     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
DESIGN YOUR DREAM BIRTH CONTROL AND SAFER SEX METHODS!

Here's your chance to get crafty, creative, and overstep any limitations imposed upon us by sexuality-reality to design and describe your fantasy birth control method!

With all the various birth control options available (with more and more being invented), you're bound to find one that works for you. If you're still looking for The One (birth control method) for you, we invite you to play (Birth Control) Bingo with us and invite a buddy or two, namely The Buddy System. And if your best laid plans fail while you are, well, getting laid, we've got you covered, too, with Emergency Contraception. Still, for all the options out there, I believe there's still a lot to be left desired of birth control.

What do you think? Your fantasy birth control could be an improvement upon a current option or it could be something entirely new. Whether you're female, male or something else all together, please describe and design your ideal safer sex-contraceptive equipment and method!

[I personally wish I could fend off STIs and unwanted pregnancies with mind control; however, just as abstinence education may be a well-intended-but-huge-failure, I think I'll stick to reality for now. But where there's a will, there's a way, and maybe one day your BC dream may become a reality!]

Thanks in advance for sharing!

Posts: 3318 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I want to be able to basically have a little switch where I can close or leave open the opening to my cervix during sex, or one where I can open or close my fallopian tubes for a given month to either let out an egg if I want a pregnancy, or keep the egg from being released. [Smile]

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jill2000Plus
Activist
Member # 41657

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jill2000Plus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I want the same birth control options as now, but all flavoured like milk chocolate with hazelnuts in where possible.

As I haven't had any partnered sex yet, I can't really contribute much to this thread, I just know I want chocolate. Milk chocolate. With hazelnuts in.

More seriously, I would like a pill that you can take without it taking away your actual desire to engage in sexual activity or ability to orgasm, and that doesn't give you headaches. I would like for spermicides to not upset one's genital PH balance (which causes thrush), and I would like condoms that vibrate and have attachments... dreams are fun aren't they. Not like those disturbing nightmares I have where meerkats take over the world and make dogs stand on their hind legs more often than is comfortable, and then genetically engineered tomatoes fling themselves at political protesters in a suicidal manner.

If you could fend off STIs with mind control, you might be able to induce them with mind control...

--------------------
Always knock before entering my room when I am in there alone, as I may be doing all sorts of wonderfully thrilling things that I'd rather you didn't see.

Posts: 840 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.