Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Safer Sex & Birth Control » another question about sponges

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: another question about sponges
Nailo
Activist
Member # 26390

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nailo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I must admit, when I saw "sea sponges" as a category in the FAQs I couldn't help thinking of sponge bob and becoming curious [Eek!] . I had never heard of that before!

Like I've said before, I have a seriously hard time sticking anything up my vagina. I have yet to be able to use a tampon. Basically, it's just anticipation of pain, so I just close up. Do you think using sponges is easier than usual tampons? I would like to try with a friendlier alternative. I was kind of worried that they don't come with strings. How do you get it out if you can't with your fingers?

--------------------
"Love does not make itself in the desire for copulation, but in the desire for shared sleep." - The Unbearable Lightness of Being, Milan Kundera

Posts: 410 | From: Dallas, TX | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarkChild717     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think sponges are any more involved than tampons, really. As for getting them out? Your vaginal canal really is only about 6 inches deep or so, so you should be able to reach. All else fails, you can exercise those kegel muscles and push down.

--------------------
Caylin, Scarleteen Volunteer
Love Scarleteen? Donations keep us around for you. So give a little! (Or a lot. Whatever works for you.)

Posts: 2789 | From: The Evergreen State | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
arun
Neophyte
Member # 29999

Icon 1 posted      Profile for arun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Edited

[ 07-25-2006, 01:47 PM: Message edited by: KittenGoddess ]

Posts: 7 | From: India | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.