Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Safer Sex & Birth Control » Where would this be?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Where would this be?
andria
Neophyte
Member # 9493

Icon 1 posted      Profile for andria     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ya I have been looking for a dental damb for like a long time and I am still unable to find one and I don't have to go to my gino. for a while so I need to find something soon because I am really getting an urge to do something with my boyfriend. So if anyone has any leads they would be really appriciated. Hope to get answers soon. bye
Posts: 1 | From: Whitefish, MT, USA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dental dams are a bit difficult to locate sometimes. They can be bought in some adult shops, or ordered online. Or, if you can't find any actual dental dams, you can make perfectly good DIY ones with stuff you already have.

Basically there are two ways to go about this...

Option 1 - Get a new condom (you can even use a flavored one if you like), open the package and unroll. Now, cut down the length of the condom. This can then be held over the genital region. Apply a little lube to the side that will be placed against your body, and you're good to go.

Option 2 - Get some plastic wrap. Saran Wrap, Glad Wrap, whatever brand you happen to prefer. Don't get the kind that's specially designed for microwave use, the holes in the plastic are too large to provide any protection for you. Apply a little lube to the side that will be placed against your body, and you're good to go. Additionally, if you partner prefers some flavoring, you can put some flavored lube (remember, water-based, condom-safe lubes only!) on the side that will be nearest his/her mouth (oh, and generally it's best to only use flavored lube on the outside of the dam...putting it against your vulva could encourage a yeast infection).

------------------
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Advocate (and Labia Lady)

"The whole world is full of morons...they just congregate on the internet cause it's easy for them to push the buttons."

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.