Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Safer Sex & Birth Control » Does Soap Kill sperm?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Does Soap Kill sperm?
Kadi
Neophyte
Member # 40477

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Kadi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was sexually involved 3 days after my period with my Boyfriend and I had just recently came off birth control. We did it once with a condom but about 20 minutes later we wanted to again. So i told him to wash it off with soap and water and before sex I gave him head because saliva supposebly kills sperm. He stuck it in but he never ejaculated. Am I at risk of pregnancy?
Posts: 1 | From: NC | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Lauren-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Saliva is not a method of birth control; that it kills sperm on its own is not true. Withdrawal is also not a method we recommend for teens due its difficulty to use properly and high failure rate.

Pre-cum is released during male sexual arousal and can contain sperm, especially if an ejaculation recently occurred, like you described. This sperm is adequate to cause a pregnancy. Soap kills only the sperm on the outside of his penis (and should NEVER be used inside the body as a method of birth control, btw; it doesn't work that way); leftover sperm may have been chilling inside his urethra and discharged with his pre-cum inside of you.

You have a moderate to high risk of pregnancy. I would recommend emergency contraception if you cannot afford to be pregnant right now.

[ 10-03-2008, 04:28 PM: Message edited by: *Lauren* ]

Posts: 4636 | From: USA/Northern Europe | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ammiel
Neophyte
Member # 40804

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Ammiel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That information is not correct. It's well-known that pre-ejaculate can contain sperm, and this risk is MUCH higher if an ejaculation previously happened recently, as the poster said. It's okay to correct information, but please check and provide your sources before posting them, as all volunteers and users do.

In addition, please don't bark orders in all caps; you can suggest someone use a condom, but it's not productive to make demands, especially in a weeks-old post where the poster is likely not even around anymore. It's their right to decide for themselves. Thanks [Smile]

[ 10-26-2008, 02:21 AM: Message edited by: *Lauren* ]

Posts: 1 | From: Florida | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.