Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Safer Sex & Birth Control » Lube Reccomendations?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Lube Reccomendations?
wyntermidnite
Activist
Member # 24641

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wyntermidnite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My bf and I have generally not used lube unless the sex has lasted for a very long session. I would be interested in using it more but we like to switch from vaginal to oral sex within a session. I know that the sugar in the lube isn't good for the vagina, but are there any lubes out there that arn't flavored with sugar (or other things that arn't woman friendly) that don't taste as bad?

Also, the lube thoughts are mostly from reading around the message boards that lube on the inside of the condom is nice. My bf is uncircumsized, so his penis already moves within the condom with his own lube. Does anyone else have experience with condom use with an uncircumsized male and lube use? Does it make a difference?

Posts: 70 | From: Fullerton, CA, USA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Horizon
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 35890

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Horizon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just about every kind of lubricant out there is not flavored with sugar, and those that are not aren't especially tasty, but also are not very good to ingest.

I'm not clear as to why you are concerned about ingesting lubricant, however. If you are using a condom with vaginal sex, you can use a good water-based lubricant like Astroglide, Wet, etc. With oral sex, (on him, I presume?) there is really not much need for lubricant. What you can do there is have him switch the condom to either an unlubricated condom or a flavored condom for the oral sex, and then back to a regular one with water-based lubricant if you choose to have vaginal sex again.

As for your second question, a good deal of uncircumsized guys do not use lubricant on the inside of the condom because they already do produce their own lube, as you said. (And that likely varies from male to male, as well.) It will also not hurt anything to add some additional lubricant within the condom. He may find it to be more comfortable, or he may like it better the other way-- that's just a matter of personal preference. [Smile]

--------------------
-Kayla
Scarleteen Volunteer

"A wise man should consider that health is the greatest of human blessings, and learn how by his own thought to derive benefit from his illnesses." -Hippocrates

Posts: 755 | From: United States | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kulutues
Neophyte
Member # 38724

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kulutues     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm really jealous of your BF.
Posts: 24 | From: Delaware Valley | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.