Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Safer Sex & Birth Control » pill question

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: pill question
bella330
Neophyte
Member # 34587

Icon 5 posted      Profile for bella330     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sorry if this question has already been answered - i searched the threads for about 30 minutes and didnt find much. this si a simple question anyway..

i just started being on the birth control pill(levora) and yesterday i took my first placebo pill. when exactly ami supposed to get my period? i kno its the first pack so it may be a little off, but i was just wondering. i havent had a pregnancy risk since before my last period (before i started my pills), so i should be fine.
thank you in advancee

Posts: 21 | From: boston | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LucysDiamonds
Activist
Member # 30315

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LucysDiamonds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Really, it varies a lot from person to person. When I was on the pill, I usually got my period on the third placebo day, but I have friends who would get theirs on the first or fourth or whatever. And like you yourself said, it's your first pack so it might be a little off. A couple cycles in, you should settle into a pattern. [Smile]

--------------------
So if you care to find me
Look to the western sky
As someone told me lately
Everyone deserves the chance to fly

Posts: 365 | From: DC | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bella330
Neophyte
Member # 34587

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bella330     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh okay, i just wanted to make sure that it wasnt supposed to come on the first placebo day. i always thought that you had your period every day you took a placebo. thanks =)
Posts: 21 | From: boston | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LucysDiamonds
Activist
Member # 30315

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LucysDiamonds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No problem!

--------------------
So if you care to find me
Look to the western sky
As someone told me lately
Everyone deserves the chance to fly

Posts: 365 | From: DC | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bella330
Neophyte
Member # 34587

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bella330     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
im on my fourth placebo pill and still no period. should i be worried?? its my first pack of birth control pills.. how long do periods last when they start? do they last into the active pills too? eek!!
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As long as you get your withdrawal bleed sometime during the placebo pills, you're fine. It's entirely normal to experience some weirdness the first few cycles, too, so there's really nothing to worry about. You should see your cycles settling down into a pattern after the first three packs of pills or so.

It's tough to predict how long your bleed will be; it varies tremendously from woman to woman. Some find that their withdrawal bleed is only a few days, others' last into the active pills of the next pack.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5721 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ooops, double post!

[ 08-30-2007, 11:10 PM: Message edited by: Karybu ]

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5721 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bella330
Neophyte
Member # 34587

thank you!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.