Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Safer Sex & Birth Control » Lubricant

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Lubricant
ILoveBlueEyes
Neophyte
Member # 33149

Icon 5 posted      Profile for ILoveBlueEyes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My Boyfriend and I started to have sex recently but it was very painful and we realised it was because of lack of lubrication.
The problem is I cant find a pharmacy nearby that sells it.
Plus I'm very embarrassed about buying it and would like to buy it and leave as quick as possible.What section of a pharmacy would the lube be in?
Would Boots sell lube?And if not could you tell me the names of pharmacies that WOULD?
[Confused]

--------------------
I'm in love ^.^

Posts: 6 | From: Eire | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cool87
Activist
Member # 29292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cool87         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Generally, lube should be in the condoms section just next to them. It shouldn't be that hard to find, most pharmacies who sell condoms should sell lube as well.

And, you know, if you don't necessarily want to go to a pharmacy, you can simply go look in a shop just like Walmart or grocery stores. Most of those shops should sell it as well.

And, it's nothing to be embarassed about. Really. Even less so when you realize lube isn't just for sexual use. [Smile]

[ 03-25-2007, 12:27 PM: Message edited by: cool87 ]

--------------------
Sustain Scarleteen by donating
http://www.scarleteen.com/donate.html

Posts: 3598 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ILoveBlueEyes
Neophyte
Member # 33149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ILoveBlueEyes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didnt know that..I thought lube was solely for sexual use! [Smile]
Well thanks for telling me that..It'll make it alot easier to buy it now [Smile]
And thanks for letting me know where it is in the pharmacies..my local doesnt even sell condoms [Embarrassed] but Im sure ill b able to find it in the bigger one further away.
Thanks!

--------------------
I'm in love ^.^

Posts: 6 | From: Eire | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cool87
Activist
Member # 29292

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cool87         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're welcome ! [Smile]

[ 03-25-2007, 03:01 PM: Message edited by: cool87 ]

--------------------
Sustain Scarleteen by donating
http://www.scarleteen.com/donate.html

Posts: 3598 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaylea
Neophyte
Member # 33113

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kaylea     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is a lot to know about lube....you wouldnt think so, but the wrong choice can set you back in a few ways. You can read more about the essentials of lubricants at http://dinahproject.com/articles_view_details.asp?id=19
I'm sure you'll find it helpful :-)

Posts: 5 | From: London | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CondomMan
Activist
Member # 32823

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CondomMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would suggest, if you want to avoid the hassle of dealing with a person at a checkout counter, just buy it online. That's the beauty of the age we live in [Smile] There's more variety and you can do research without feeling embarrassed or rushed. Amazon sells a wide variety of lubricants, as well as a number of other sites online.

Though I should add, as one poster already put, there's no reason to feel embarrassed to buy it in person either.

--------------------
Condoms Rock!

Posts: 52 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yasmin
Activist
Member # 32631

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yasmin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What other things are lube used for?

[ 03-30-2007, 01:44 AM: Message edited by: Yasmin ]

Posts: 97 | From: California | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Lauren-
Activist
Member # 25983

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Lauren-     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lube can also be used to lubricate medical devices like speculums,ultrasound wands, and catheters, lubricate enema and douche nozzles (big noooo on that last one!), and to put more slide in rectal thermometers if there's a baby in the house.

I've also found several interesting home uses; a stuck window comes right open if you brush the track with KY jelly! [Razz]

I'll share my little story here. I was embarassed as hell to buy lube, even though I knew I was just buying it to use with my Diva cup and shouldn't feel ashamed. I approached the line with nothing but the tube, and out of desperation struck up a convo with the cashier about how sick my baby niece is and how much she HATES having her little temp taken.

It was believeable, I hope, but at least it made me feel better!

Posts: 4636 | From: USA/Northern Europe | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Astroglide is also really awesome for your bike chain when you run out of chain wax. [Smile]

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About MeGet our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67055 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guiltygard
Neophyte
Member # 33270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Guiltygard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Its scary to go buy lubricant sometimes but once u get to the till its actually not that bad. I've paid for lube and im 13, really once your there it feels silly that you were embarresed or scared to buy it in the first place.

lol just hope my mum doesnt find it...

--------------------
A guy walks up to me and goes "big shoes, big shoes, please!"
Whats up with that?

Posts: 37 | From: surrey | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SatisfactionBroughtItBack
Activist
Member # 33027

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SatisfactionBroughtItBack     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well i cant buy it online coz my parents check my mail and such..and id be embarrassed to come home and see them holdin that package!
But thank you all very much for the info..I will attempt to buy it in person and hopefully I dont get a big red face when I go to pay for it!

--------------------
ROCK LOBSTER!!!!
I love you Sonic :)

Posts: 50 | From: Ireland | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aniagrace
Neophyte
Member # 33198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aniagrace     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Try finding a store with a self check-out lane.
Posts: 12 | From: United States of America | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LFH
Neophyte
Member # 33487

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LFH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Silicon lube can also smooth out hair frizzies. For the record. [Smile]

--------------------
Liberal Feminist Hippie

Posts: 22 | From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xslidex07
Neophyte
Member # 33587

Icon 1 posted      Profile for xslidex07     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
haha lube! dude im so open about buying condoms and lube! the only time i ever felt ashamed about buying them was when my mom bought them for me wow talk about wierd! but in most cases i like buying condoms and getting the cashiers who make funny looks or comments it cracks me up! but know this, everyone has sex every person every animal every living thing on this planet procreates somehow god gave us that privlage! but they're some tips on buying lube! starting with tip #1 NEVER BUY THE WARMING LIQUID IT BURNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well now that i got that out of the way its time to shop!

i live in a hick town so i know where your coming from about the lack of stores.....i recomended rite aid although a tid bit pricey they're usually located in a slightly hidden area towards the back of the store and they usually have a big variety!

ok time for lessons!

when using a condom NEVER USE PETROLEUM BASED LUBE! it can break down the condom thus causing pregnancy scares! instead use water based lube or silicone based lube

I recomend a brand called wet its got neat flavors and can be found in places like walmart!

another good one is climatique! its ecspecially good if you're having problems reaching orgasm!

theres lots of different selections do a google search if ya want! its pretty interesting the things you can learn on here!

hope this helped
-Erin

--------------------
aspiring gynecologist (don't laugh)

Posts: 6 | From: michigan | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SatisfactionBroughtItBack
Activist
Member # 33027

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SatisfactionBroughtItBack     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks for all the help.
i know i shudnt be ashamed of buying it,im just a very shy person :/
but i managed to find a shop thats relatively nearby with a self check out lane [Smile] thanks to all who helped!!!

--------------------
ROCK LOBSTER!!!!
I love you Sonic :)

Posts: 50 | From: Ireland | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.