Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Safer Sex & Birth Control » how do I get bc?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: how do I get bc?
FightForYourMind
Neophyte
Member # 25592

Icon 5 posted      Profile for FightForYourMind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, I want to get on the pill, but I really can't get the courage to ask my parents. Is there anything I can do, because I don't want to use condoms (we're both clean), and I don't like getting bc from other girls. Should I just ask someone at Planned Parenthood if I can get it or something? I'm totally lost... Thanks so much!
Posts: 3 | From: Asheville, NC, US | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 22471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dailicious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yep, Planned Parenthood would be your best bet. They offer hormonal birth control, gynecological exams and STI screenings on a sliding scale, which means you don't need to use your parents' insurance and you're paying for what you can afford.

Just remember that you and your boyfriend should still get annual STI screenings as long as you're in a monogomous relationship, and it's still good to have condoms on hand as you'll want to use them until you've been taking hormonal birth control for an entire cycle, and in the event you were to miss any pills or need to be taking antibiotics or something else that could compromise their effectiveness.

--------------------
Jean
aka dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Love us? Want to keep us in your lives and hearts? Give what you can!

Posts: 3382 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FightForYourMind
Neophyte
Member # 25592

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FightForYourMind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
wow, thank you so much, I love this site!
Posts: 3 | From: Asheville, NC, US | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.