Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Safer Sex & Birth Control » slippy slippy

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: slippy slippy
LadyLuck77
Activist
Member # 31504

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LadyLuck77     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You guys are going to shoot me for asking so many questions, but I can't help it, I've got tons of 'em.

Is it possible for a condom to slip off without a guy knowing it, and then him slip right back into it and it still wind up feeling "properly affixed" to the penis? Seems kind of unlikely...

Furthermore, if a condom slips down part of the way, but semen is still in the tip, would that pose a problem if the guy withdrew himself very shortly after ejaculation?

Thanks!

Posts: 71 | From: USA | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If a condom slips off, it's not going to just slide right on: it'll just float around in your vagina, or slip out and onto whatever surface you're on. The base of the condom should be pretty snug on a guy: too snug for him to slide in and out of it like a loose sweater.

If a condom slips a bit, but is still on the penis, or slips off and the base it outside of the vagina, then there's still nothing to sweat per exposure to semen.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About MeGet our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 67930 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gpbobby
Neophyte
Member # 31676

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gpbobby         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When it comes to things sexual, no question is silly or unnecesssary. You learn by asking.

If you can picture what might be going on in your vagina, you can pretty well answer your questions. A properly fitted condom, once in place, doesn't register much sensation to a guy, expecially once he's inside you where vaginal pressure overrides any condom pressure. So, yes, it would be possible for a guy to not know if a condom slipped off. This would be especially true if the condom split, for example, or was not properly sized or installed in the first place. But, once off, it would be essentially impossible for it to re-install itself. There is simply no way, regardless of size, how it could be held in place while the penis was inserted into it. So, if a condom comes off, you hava a potential problem.

You asked what might happen if it slipped partially off. That all depends. If any semen had worked its way down between the condom and the penis, and this area was exposed by a slipping condom, it is remotely possible that some sperm could be released into the vagina and remotely possible that such sperm could result in fertilization on an egg.

In reality, however, it usually takes a more direct and robust discharge of semen into the vaginal to result in conception.

Nature provides for this by making the ejaculation of nubile males rather powerful, strong enough to shoot anywhere from 6 inches or so to a couple of feet. This pressure is intended to force the semen into the opening of the uterus where conception can take place. The woman's orgasm also facilitates this by changing the shape of the vagina and bring the cervix in closer contact with the end of the penis. So, while any quantity of fresh semen located in or around the vagina can potentially result in conception, it usually takes a far greater quantity found in closer proximity to the cervix to result in conception.

If you are concerned, take a home pregnency test. If you test positive, see a doctor immediately. If you test negative, but you want to be more sure, purchase a second test, a different brand, and try that one. Two negatives, from two different tests should assure that all is well. Sounds like you and your bf should take a bit of time installing and checking condom before insertion. Perhaps a differnet brand might fit better. Hope this helps. Be careful.

GPBobby

--------------------
For the things we have to learn before we can do them, we learn by doing them. -- Aristotle

Posts: 1 | From: Rocky Mt state | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LadyLuck77
Activist
Member # 31504

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LadyLuck77     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very good information and sage advice -- from the both of you. Thanks very much!
Posts: 71 | From: USA | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aquaflasha21
Neophyte
Member # 69681

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aquaflasha21     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quick question, if i may ask, how did the situation and the advise work out for you? see, i happen to be in a similar situation, i was having sex with my girlfriend and after i finished i pulled out like 15 seconds later, and the condom slid about an inch, and ive just been overly concerned about the possibility of her maybe getting pregnant.
Posts: 1 | Registered: Jun 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.