Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Safer Sex & Birth Control » Worried

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Worried
Riika
Neophyte
Member # 31637

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Riika     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm on my sugar pills of my Tri-Sprintec pills and it's the first time I've been on birth control.

My boyfriend and I didn't even wait an entire week before we had sex because I read somewhere that since I started within the first 24 hours of my period that I should be protected immediately.
I think we waited, maybe, 5 or 6 days. We didn't use any extra protection, but he also didn't ejaculate inside of me.

Anyway, I take the pill at 6:15pm since I have classes that run pretty late and it's the most convient time for me. I just took my second sugar pill today and I'm wondering when my period should get here.

We've had sex a couple times since I've been on the pill which has only been a little over 3 weeks now. I just want to stomp any pregnancy worries.

Although I think it should be on it's way since I had terrible terrible pain in my legs last night, especially in the joints, which is characteristic of my menstrual cycle, but some of my other tell tale symptoms aren't here.

...Do I have anything to be worried about? When does your period normally come when you've just started the pill?

Thank you.

Posts: 1 | From: NC | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Jill
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Jill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually we recommend waiting a full cycle before relying on the pill as your sole method of birth control.

It can take a few cycles for your body to fully adapt to the pill, meaning your periods might not be entirely predictable just yet. If you don't start by the time you're back on the active pills, take a pregnancy test.

Posts: 3641 | From: Truckee, CA, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.