Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Safer Sex & Birth Control » Lo Orval help

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Lo Orval help
Member # 31135

Icon 5 posted      Profile for veebee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just recently started taking the Lo Orval birth control pills. I was instructed to take 3 packs consitantly and on the 4th pack to take the pink pills and have my period. I was reading online the list of things that may decrease the effectivness of the pill. Some things listed were caffine, acetometaphine (for headeaches ect),and Vitamin C. I was just wondering IF i where to take any of these even in a small dosage if it would effect the pills signifacantly????

Also I have just recently ended my first pill pack and am having sever lower back pain, I AM Not Pregnant. i was just wondering if this was a symptom and if anyone else has experienced this.

thanks for your help

Posts: 4 | From: Texas | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 22471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dailicious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Over the counter products in small/normal doses are not likely to have that much of an affect on the effectiveness of your pills, so no, nothing signifigant. Just don't be loading up on Vitamin C pills uneccessarily or excessively using Tylenol or anything like that and you shouldn't have reason to worry.

Lower back pain could be anything from just having slept strangely, to moving a muscle in a way you don't remember doing, to cramping, to gas cramps, etc. (fyi, back pains associated with pregnancy usually occur later in pregnancy and are caused by the weight of carrying a growing pregnancy, they arne't caused by just being pregnant early on) so it's unlikely the pains are even related to your pills, I wouldn't worry about those either. [Smile]

aka dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Love us? Want to keep us in your lives and hearts? Give what you can!

Posts: 3382 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 31135

Icon 1 posted      Profile for veebee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thank your so much
Posts: 4 | From: Texas | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.