Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Safer Sex & Birth Control » Did I Take The Pill Right?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Did I Take The Pill Right?
XxCrystalxBabyxX
Neophyte
Member # 30437

Icon 9 posted      Profile for XxCrystalxBabyxX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok...Yesterday, (Saturday), I got my period. and yesterday, I started my pill, (Levlen ED). I took the pill marked 'Saturday' in the red section. The pill is the cream colour, not the white colour. So that means it is an active pill. One of my friends has told me I should have waited a week after my period until I started taking the pill, I'm really confused..Is she just trying to scare me?

Thanks guys.
Crystal.

--------------------
.xXx. I Love Mike .xXx.

Posts: 11 | From: Australia | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ultimately, you really can start the pill whenever you want. When we're not talking about pregnancy risks, there's no time to start the pill which will do you any harm.

But no matter when you start, you should use a backup method for the first cycle of pills.

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
XxCrystalxBabyxX
Neophyte
Member # 30437

Icon 1 posted      Profile for XxCrystalxBabyxX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok. Also, another thing. If I take the pill normally at 4pm, what would happen if I forgot to take it at 4pm, and took it at 8pm?

--------------------
.xXx. I Love Mike .xXx.

Posts: 11 | From: Australia | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.