Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Safer Sex & Birth Control » pill & diarrhea.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: pill & diarrhea.
steph.
Neophyte
Member # 30141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for steph.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
this is gross haha i'm sorry.
but i was wondering.. i took my pill at 10am today and at 11pm i had some mild diarhhea. i was having pretty bad diarrhea during my sugar pill week, but its gradually going away. would that lower the effectiveness of the bc? or would it have been absorbed into my system completely after 13 hours?

Posts: 24 | From: canada | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think you have anything to worry about there. The pill would've been absorbed by then.

The only time you really have to worry is if you vomit within an hour or two of taking your pill. Other than that, you can be pretty sure you're safe (pregnancy-wise)

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 22471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dailicious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, the pill would definitely be absorbed into your body before it would get to the point in your body that diarrhea would be an issue - it absorbs completely in your body within a couple of hours. The only time you need to be concerned with illness and the pill is if you were to vomit within a couple of hours of taking it. Otherwise, there's no reason for you to worry.

(Mindmeld!)

[ 09-17-2006, 10:23 PM: Message edited by: dailicious ]

--------------------
Jean
aka dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Love us? Want to keep us in your lives and hearts? Give what you can!

Posts: 3382 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steph.
Neophyte
Member # 30141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for steph.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
oh okay, awesome. :] thanks.
Posts: 24 | From: canada | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.