Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Safer Sex & Birth Control » Anal Sex [Lube?]

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Anal Sex [Lube?]
ikwatchua
Neophyte
Member # 29794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ikwatchua     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, me and my girlfriend have been talking and we are wondering more and more about anal sex. I have always wanted to try it and we are not really sure how to do it so she doesn't get hurt. Would baby oil be ok? Or should I find and buy some ky jelly sometime? Thanks in advance.
Posts: 9 | From: Iowa, USA | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karybu
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 20094

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karybu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do NOT use baby oil. Anything oil-based degrades latex, which causes broken condoms, and those are never good. Pick a water-based or silicon-based lube (they're latex safe) and wear a condom. The condom is essential because there are bacteria in the rectum that don't belong anywhere else in the body - condom use prevents infection.

--------------------
"Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing." -Arundhati Roy

Posts: 5658 | From: Canada/Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wilddove
Activist
Member # 17112

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilddove     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
IS this the girlfriend from Russia? as you may want to wait until you sort out your relationship and feelings when she gets back,before moving on to another sexual act. Also discuss it properly in person with her the risks and if its what you *both* want to ensure it is safe for both and not painful for her.
Posts: 112 | From: Ireland | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ikwatchua
Neophyte
Member # 29794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ikwatchua     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes it is, she was wanting to do it when she comse back and we did sort everything out, which I am really happy about just I didn't know how to go along with this without hurting her.
Posts: 9 | From: Iowa, USA | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wilddove
Activist
Member # 17112

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilddove     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
maybe wait til she gets home so u can discuss it together, perhaps you will need some time to just get used to each other again, rather then jumping straight into bed and a new sexual territory.

There is plenty of time when she gets back to usa to begin, and maybe build up to it.

Karybu's advice is right, the rest is up to you two, usual thing like being relaxed and the like first.

Posts: 112 | From: Ireland | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.