Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Safer Sex & Birth Control » The strategy. Get tested TOGETHER BEFORE having sex.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The strategy. Get tested TOGETHER BEFORE having sex.
dsaklad
Neophyte
Member # 29591

Icon 5 posted      Profile for dsaklad     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you should happen upon anything, please send it along.
[edited - posting your e-mail is against the board rules]
I'm interested in collecting any and all related information
about a phenomenon not studied by public health officials
that's going on... potential sex partners getting tested
TOGETHER BEFORE having sex and sharing their tests results... for sexually transmitted infections. The strategy of I'll get tested TOGETHER with you BEFORE we have sex.
[Confused]

[ 06-27-2006, 04:29 AM: Message edited by: logic_grrl ]

Posts: 2 | From: usa | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nailo
Activist
Member # 26390

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nailo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(It's against the board guide lines to post your email).

Per your study, you could always ask on part of this forum for people to reply with their own experiences, as a type of poll. You could ask why they do it, if they've done it at all, if they haven't why not, why is it important to them to do so, etc. You could also contact a clinic and ask to speak to a doctor to gather some more information (if he's allowed to share details about his patients).

My current partner (and the only partner I've ever had, for that matter) have not gone to be tested at all. For various reasons, such as the fact we had never even kissed anyone before starting to date and we know no one who has STDs (or many who are sexually active for that matter), many people have said it would not be likely we have STDs.

Other people will have different results. Ask around [Smile] .

--------------------
"Love does not make itself in the desire for copulation, but in the desire for shared sleep." - The Unbearable Lightness of Being, Milan Kundera

Posts: 410 | From: Dallas, TX | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ErinK
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1371

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ErinK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Don,

While I appreciate that you're trying to get your message out, Scarleteen doesn't need your special brand of spam. You can stick around and participate in conversations if you'd like, but just reposting information about safer sex like you do on Usenet is going to get you banned.

Thanks!

Erin

Posts: 3077 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thesak
Neophyte
Member # 29611

Icon 3 posted      Profile for thesak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
| My current partner (and the only partner I've ever had, for
| that matter) have not gone to be tested at all. For various
| reasons, such as the fact we had never even kissed anyone
| before starting to date and we know no one who has STDs
| (or many who are sexually active for that matter), many
| people have said it would not be likely we have STDs.

a.
How would you know your partner has never kissed anybody
or violated your nonstated agreement about fidelity?

b.
How would your partner know that about you?

Many partners have stated that about themselves.
We have know way of knowing it to be true.
People who claim to be truth tellers can turn out to have forgotten
People who claim to be truth tellers can in fact have suppressed memory
People who claim to be truth tellers can in fact be liars.

c.
How do they know anything about their partner in this regard?

Spontaneous urethritis can be passed along to a sex partner.
Passage through the birth canal can result in asymptomatic
infections.

pathogens that can be passed along during sex
. chlamydia
. ureaplasma urealyticum
. trichomonas vaginalis
. herpes simplex virus
. adenoviruses
. haemophilus vaginalis
. mycoplasma genitalium
nonsexual ones that can cause nongonococcal urethritis NGU
urinary tract infections
. bacterial prostatitis
. urethral stricture
. phimosis
. catheterization
[Eek!]

[ 06-28-2006, 12:59 AM: Message edited by: thesak ]

Posts: 1 | From: usa | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Listen up, whoever you are...spamming our boards is NOT amusing and will not be tolerated. Registering a new screen name so that you can continue to post here when you have been asked not to do so is NOT cool. So your posting privileges will be removed, again. And if you continue this behavior, your IP will be reported for harrassment.

If you are conducting some kind of legitimate research and would like permission to do so here, then you need to contact our board founder via email and ask for permission. You can reach her at boards@scarleteen.com

[ 06-28-2006, 07:25 AM: Message edited by: KittenGoddess ]

--------------------
Sarah Liz

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.