Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Safer Sex & Birth Control » tri-sprintec and pregnancy tests

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: tri-sprintec and pregnancy tests
greeneyedgem
Neophyte
Member # 26113

Icon 1 posted      Profile for greeneyedgem     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
sorry again if this one has been asked before.

does tri-sprintec (ortho-tri-cylen genric) affect the results of a urinary pregnancy test ever?

does any birth control affect results?

thanks...

Posts: 29 | From: Columbus, Ohio | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, not usually. false positives are very rare: false negatives a little less rare.

So, if two EPTs, taken a week apart, the first no earlier than ten days after the last risk, come up negative, and a withdrawal bleed still doesn't occur, it's still likely negative, but you might want to double check with a blood test. If you get two positives, you're simply pregnant.

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
greeneyedgem
Neophyte
Member # 26113

Icon 1 posted      Profile for greeneyedgem     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Miz Scarlet:
No, not usually. false positives are very rare: false negatives a little less rare.

So, if two EPTs, taken a week apart, the first no earlier than ten days after the last risk, come up negative, and a withdrawal bleed still doesn't occur, it's still likely negative, but you might want to double check with a blood test. If you get two positives, you're simply pregnant.

okay, thanks. so if i have taken more than two tests and all read out not pregnant. and have gone to the doctor, had blood work done. and the doctor called back and said "all your blood work came back normal", and i have been having my withdrawal bleed, it has just been extremely light (sometimes just spotting). i am not used to this. it is most likely nothing, its just freaking me out. all of these signs point to the fact that i am not pregnant. is there any extreme possible way that i could be?

Posts: 29 | From: Columbus, Ohio | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
greeneyedgem
Neophyte
Member # 26113

okay, thanks. so if i have taken more than two tests and all read out not pregnant. and have gone to the doctor, had blood work done. and the doctor called back and said "all your blood work came back normal", and i have been having my withdrawal bleed, it has just been extremely light (sometimes just spotting). i am not used to this. it is most likely nothing, its just freaking me out. all of these signs point to the fact that i am not pregnant. is there any extreme possible way that i could be?

Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No.

But it sounds like the pill alone isn't making you feel secure enough, so henceforth, why not add a backup method of birth control, like condoms?

Or, alternately, chill out with intercourse until you feel more okay with the risks and they're not so crazymaking?

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
greeneyedgem
Neophyte
Member # 26113

oh, believe me, i do use condoms. i have only had sex once (with a condom). its just all of the freaky chances of things happening like getting pregnant through fingering and such, that scares me.
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarkChild717     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you're so paranoid about sex, are you sure you're ready for it?

You might want to check out our readiness checklist, Ready or Not?--Especially the parts concerning mental wellbeing. Responsible sexual activites aren't just about being protected physically; it's about your mental state, too.

Posts: 2789 | From: The Evergreen State | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.