Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Safer Sex & Birth Control » takin the pill

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: takin the pill
NiceGurlT
Activist
Member # 20916

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NiceGurlT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well im on ortho tricyclin lo for a week now and i usually take the pill at 9:30 in the morning cause thats the time i have my alarm clock set for.but for the first 3 days it was kinda hard keepin track of the time to take the pill.On my sunday start i took the pill at 9:30 wen i first woke up, but on monday i took it at 12 because i woke up late and on tuesday i took it at like about 11am again waking up late.And for the rest of the week i took it at 9:30am and still doing it.I want to know am i protected from getting pregnate(although im not gonna have sex unprotected for a while with my boyfriend) and i want to change my time to take the pill right before i go to bed to somewhere around 10pm and i want to know would that be a good idea.
Posts: 78 | From: bk ny | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You've still been taking it within a 3-4 hour grace period, so I don't imagine your risks are very increased. However, you should ALWAYS use a backup method for the first month on the pill, regardless.

Per changing the time, go right ahead: just do your best to pick one that it is MOST easy for you to remember, every day, without fail.

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NiceGurlT
Activist
Member # 20916

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NiceGurlT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok thanks for the info.So i took the pill today at 9:30am should i take another pill at 10pm tonight or when should i do it so i dont mess up the effectiveness of the pill.
Posts: 78 | From: bk ny | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, you'll take the next pill tomorrow, at whatever time you choose to start taking your pills at.
Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
somestimes_i_roar
Neophyte
Member # 25475

Icon 1 posted      Profile for somestimes_i_roar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
NOOOO. dont take your pill at any time tomarrow!! im on the same exact pill: tri-lo is what you can also call it. you need to slowly increase it about an hour everyday before you can take it at 10 pm. i took mine at 1230pm but then i started college & had a class during that time & my alarm would go off (bought an alarm watch with a calendar for $10 at Kmart) so i took my next pill at 1pm instead of 1230pm. then the next day i took my pill at 2pm.
INCREASE 1 HOUR EVERY DAY UNTIL YOU REACH 10PM

Posts: 8 | From: endwell | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 22471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dailicious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
sometimes_i_roar, while we thank you for contributing to the boards, the way that our Sexpert, Miz S advised her to do it is fine, otherwise she wouldn't have advised it that way, trust me.

Miz S also made aware to her that she should be using a backup method this month regardless.

[This message has been edited by dailicious (edited 09-23-2005).]

Posts: 3382 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.