Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Safer Sex & Birth Control » bc pills - taking them late

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: bc pills - taking them late
green_olive
Neophyte
Member # 22653

Icon 1 posted      Profile for green_olive     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i am on my second pack of bc pills and have taken them within 20 or so minutes of my regular time every day. however, there has been the occasional day when my alarm does not go off or when i am driving and end up not being able to take my pill until an hour - an hour & 15 minutes later than i am supposed to.

i checked the informative slip that came with my pills and it said if i miss a pill, then just to take it when i remember and then take my next one at the regular time, and that i don't need a backup method of birth control.

what happens if i am late taking my pill two days in a row? does the effectiveness of it as birth control lower, and by how much? i am on tri-levlen 28.

Posts: 13 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kisses Me Pink
Activist
Member # 24198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kisses Me Pink     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is about a 3 hour window time span that you can take your pills and still be protected, so an hour or so probobly won't hurt the effectiveness of it.

However later than that, it's recommended that you use back-up birth control for the rest of the pack.

Posts: 70 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.